Salvation: Part II

“Saving the world isn’t a big enough excuse for you guys to actually work together instead of keep on killing each other?”

Topside transforms and begins to drive away, before suddenly swerving and nearly diving off a cliff. He transforms back to robot mode and quickly pulls himself back to safety.

“It’s what this spawn of a glitch deserves!” the Autobot insists.

“We’re all deserving of some form of comeuppance, my fr-… sir .”

Blight steps out of his room, ignoring the fact that Pixel was hanging onto his ankle. “So, what’d he do? Steal your lunch?”

Killed my twin brother,” the Autobot growls, dead-serious.

The Decepticon gives a slight nod.

“That I did.”

“Oh, yeesh,” Blight frowns. “That’s a little harder to resolve, especially assuming you don’t also have a twin brother,” he aims to joke, gesturing to the Decepticon.

The Decepticon shakes his head.

“It’s quite easy, really,” the Autobot says, taking a step closer to his enemy.

“I return the favor while you stay outta my way.”

“That is one option, yes,” The Decepticon says, taking a step forward with his weapon drawn, as well.

Song swwoped to him.
“Are you OK, sir?”

Zepar walked over to a respectful distance from Topside, not wanting to intrude on him or Song as they conversed.

“Yeah. She was MY ship. I wasn’t assigned it, I bought it from the manufacturer. She was tricked out with more weapons than you could imagine”

Topside dusts himself off.

“Yeah,” he says. “Guess the ol’ wheels weren’t made for this terrain.”

He continues walking back to the group.

Flyby nods.

“I would’ve liked so see it,” he says.

“Yeah. too bad I left my data pad on the Salvation. I have some pictures”

“Speaking of Salvation…” Flyby says, looking over at the Fleetcarrier. The immense ship continues to fly away.

“…We should probably get going before they strand us out here.”

“Yeah.” gatecrasher chuckles.

OOC: so how are they getting on the ship?

Daria comments,
“Well, I suppose being cooped up won’t help.”
Her holographic face smirked.

Flyby transforms into a sleek cybertronian jet and blasts off, darting to catch up with Salvation.

@BlackBeltGamer98 Topside rejoins the group.

Sprocket nods.

“Oh yeah, definitely,” he says. “I need to get out of the lab and do something- preferably while not getting shot at.”

“Imagine that,” Grommet, Sprocket’s partner, quips. The Decepticon science officer was a squat, blocky bot with eggshell-colored armor and two large tanks mounted on his shoulders.

“Your old, dusty toys are useless; what a surprise.”

Sprocket whips around. He and Grommet did not have the best relationship aboard- they’d hated each other almost the second they’d first sighted each other.

“Yeah, well, how much’ve you learned from those birds you’ve been cutting up, eh?”

Whereas Sprocket studied ancient technology, Grommet’s focus was more in biology (or the cybertronian equivalent, at least). Grommet was also much tidier and organized than his Autobot counterpart. Currently, he was dissecting a six-winged, techno-organic bird.

“What did you want to tell me earlier?” Zepar asks Topside. (@Chromeharpoon)

Gatecrasher transforms into his A10 mode and follows.

“Could you maybe wait until after killing time each other is judged acceptable?”

Daria looks at Grommet, partly disgusted, but partly intrigued. Daria comments,
“I’m thinking of heading out, plus it might do you two good to bathe in the star light.”

“Right, before I was interrupted,” he says, casting a glance at Wildsong.

“When we find a place to set Salvation down, I’m hoping to have something of a memorial- something to properly lay our casualties to rest- and I was wondering if you’d do the honor of saying some words.”

Unfortunately, the quest to find the Omega Lock and save Primus hadn’t been smooth sailing; our heroes had faced many dangers over the last month, chief among them a rogue band of Decepticons lead by a fanatic named Bludgeon, who coveted the awesome power the Omega Lock was rumored to possess. Bludgeon’s forces had taken the lives of more than a few of Salvation’s crew, and there had been no time yet to mourn or properly send the dead off into the Allspark.

Flyby’s silhouette disappears into the purplish-blue glow of Salvation’s engines.

The two bots look at Blight, evidently wanting him to elaborate.

Sprocket and Grommet look to each other and change perplexed glances.

“Uh… yeah,” Sprocket says awkwardly.

“I’m sure,” Grommet replies.

1 Like