Salvation: Part II

Zepar nods, “It shall be done.” He said.

Topside nods.

“Much appreciated,” he says. It was clear that this was a difficult subject for him.

“If there’s anything you need, just, uh… just let me know, alright?”

Daria grins,
“Alright! then we should go and see this planet with our own optics.”

Thrust sidles up to Motherboard.
“So, uh… how’s it going?” He asks, rather shyly.

SideStep sits on a rock with a large bottle in his hands. Every now and then, he took a large swig of it.

1 Like

Sprocket sets down the Golden Age-era bauble he’d been absent-mindedly toying with.

“Some fresh air’d be nice.”

“All systems performing at optimal capacity,” Motherboard reports.

“Which systems? Yours, or the Salvation’s?” Thrust asks curiously.

Daria stares at Grommet,
“You should come to…after all maybe a discovery or something might come to your mind.”

“Mine,” Motherboard clarifies.

“Beginning damage report: hull integrity at 94.6 percent. Weapons systems at 73% capacity. Transwarp drive disabled; faster-than-light travel capabilities unavailable. Sublight engines operating at 83% efficiency…”

“I won’t be making any discoveries admiring the view, thank you,” Grommet declines, not looking up from his work.

Thrust chuckles as she goes off on her list.
“That’s good to hear.”

“Recommend landing to enact necessary repairs,” Motherboard says.

“Is that so? Well, I doubt there’s much you can learn stuck with a corpse. Perhaps a living specimen would attract your attention. Besides you guys shouldn’t be all cooped up like this for as long as you are.”
Daria stepped closer trying to catch his attention.

“I’m not a captain.” Thrust tells her.
“So, what do you do for fun?”

“She’s got a point,” Sprocket says with a nod. “Pretty sure there’s regs about that.”

Grommet groans and hangs his head.

“You two aren’t going to leave me alone, are you?”

“I monitor the CFC Salvation’s systems and aid in its operation when needed,” Motherboard says.

“…I often perform my duties on the bridge, however crewwoman Brakeswitch often encourages me to visit the Peace and Tyranny.”

2 Likes

“That’s your normal job.” Thrust replies.
“What do you do to have fun and relax in your off time?”

Daria grins,
“Nope, but now that you said that I might never leave you alone…eh, I’m sure I will at some point…but who knows.”

“My duties require near-constant attention,” Motherboard says, “though I am able to partition and multitask quite efficiently.”

After a pause, Grommet sighs and stores his specimen.

“Fine,” he says grumpily. “Let’s go sightseeing.”

“…okay then.” Thrust said.
“Are you ever going to retire?”

“Most likely,” Motherboard replies. “When the war ends.”

1 Like

Daria smiles,
“I promise it won’t be a waste of your time!”
She seems rather excited.

“What do you plan to do after you retire?” Thrust continued.