Should the Toa of Lightning's name be Voriki? [Characters]

Funny you should say that. Recently, some scientist guy named Ben Franklin made a shocking discovery: they’re the same thing.

Not that I doubt you, but I gotta ask: where have you seen this association?

~W12~

1 Like

This is also a fan project. TTV is trying to emulate what they think Lego would do, but they’re also doing what they want to do. This isn’t about what Lego will or won’t want to do, not really. I will admit that if this were being done by Lego, they would probably go back to Takanuva or Ekimu or something. But I also doubt they would have gender-bent Lewa. I doubt they would have brought Bionicle back in general. So “what would Lego do?” seems to be more of a guideline than a rule.

I know they’re the same thing but lightning itself is more usually represented using purple and electricity (the element, like in Pokemon) is usually represented using yellow.

Okay I’m sorry but I have to ask: Does it really matter? We’re 85 comments in debating on the name and colour of a character who likely won’t even be introduced until year 3 of the completely theoretical G3. And unless we can get Lego themselves to provide input, we’ll never really know whether or not Voriki is a viable option. We can only speculate. And as for the colours, everyone seems to want either yellow or purple, so just use both and everyone’s satisfied. But most importantly the name won’t change the character. The seventh Toa isn’t as iconic as the other six, which is why people are open to it being a new character. Unlike the other six it doesn’t matter what you call her as long as she’s a good character. Sorry for the mini rant but I just feel like the topic is taking unnecessary attention away from more important discussions, such as how lightning fits in with the other six elements or stuff like that.

-Eban.

2 Likes

I think we need a new poll on whether the toa of Lightning would be a girl simply Lewa being a girl was still up in the air then.

Personally I would lean more toward a guy but I could also be happy with a girl.

I’ve never really like the name Takanuva because I feel it’s too long. I also don’t think Voriki should be the name either; I think the meme would be more distracting than add to the world. (the meme wasn’t that great)
I think that then name should be something new.

Yellow (and possibly light blue) are the colors most associated with lightning. Especially with twenty years of yellow Pokemon.

(lightning, like fire, can be any color. Heck you can make Gold red or blue if you like. So proving lightning can be purple is kinda irrelevant.)

If purple is used, it should be a secondary color. I don’t think purple should dominate the color scheme like with Voriki.

Here are some possible color designs.

Agreed

5 Likes

All I want is Voriki and Takua dynamic…a certain fan project made me want it even more.

Let’s name him Zuriki.

I like that name.

Why did the drawings from before look like a Yellow Lantern…?

Yes, it is weird! And Zuriki is the name of one of my mocs.

so, you’re wanting the name 'cause self insertion.

yeaaaaaaaa, no.

That’s an actual set that happened to be a meme. Voriki was a fake to begin with.

What’s with everyone thinking Voriki is the Toa of Lightning? He was the Toa of Electricity according to legend.

1 Like

Actually, Energy.

But who cares? This is G3, not G1. :stuck_out_tongue:

~W12~

1 Like

Voriki was never part of G1

That moment when you realize that they dont want to use the name Voriki because it is part of a meme,

What? No, I just made a name for my moc who is similar to Voriki and use it here, as a suggestion.

How about this

2 Likes

I don’t know if its been discussed on the podcast recording or not, but, if I’m not too late, may I suggest an option for the new name?

How about… Avohkii

Now the reasons I would suggest this name, rather than go along with Charia (which, honestly, I would go along with) is, one, it already has connection to the seventh toa, as it is the actual name for the mask of light and, two, it consists of the letter “v,” which, honestly, is a unique part of Voriki’s name that I admire. Bionicle doesn’t have a lot of characters with the letter “v” in their names (the only ones I can think of are Vezon and Vezok), so I would rather keep that uniqueness with that letter.

Of course, the reasons are mainly just my opinions.
Thoughts?

3 Likes

I like it. I think it works.

1 Like

Though I still prefer Voriki, I would definitely be fine with Avohkii.

1 Like