Skylanders Academy (Netflix series)

Or it’s because the trailer itself showed off a less than mediocre show with the simplest of childish jokes and character types.

5 Likes

No I’m not saying that just because it’s Skylanders. It’s different from the games.

I’m saying that it’s a TV show. Aimed at kids. It’s got plenty of potential to fail in my eyes.

Also, just to leave this here…the mentality of distaste by association is the same mentality that prevents you from seeing the validity of our points of view. Don’t defend something just because you like the franchise, take a while to dissect what is presented and think about it.

5 Likes

Guess who will make an appearance in the elevent episode of Skylander Academy.

also:

apparently Makuta is part of Skylanders now. /s

by the way, anyone interested in lisening to the intro song in Skylander Academy, “Harmony”, can lisen to it here:

2 Likes

I watched the first episode. I wasn’t really a fan. That guy with a beard had a nice beard that was about all i really like because im a horrible person that hates things for no proper reason
Most of the characters just got annoying to me. The jokes didn’t really hit me either

2 Likes

well, the show gets better, but its all up to you if you wish to continue watching it.

Yeah Caleb, Skylanders is a superior anime to lazytown.

3 Likes

Update.

So I haven’t watched it myself. However, I know somebody who has.

Apparently it’s bad. As predicted. Surprise is absolutely nonexistent here, sadly.

2 Likes

how can it be bad if only one persion you know have seen it, and from what i have read, its actualy liked.

people have different opinions, you can’t really say that a show is 100% bad just because one persion you know have seen it.

its like having not seen the new star wars movie and instead just belives its bad because a friend says its a really bad movie, not saying that you have to see the show yourself, but you can’t say its bad just because one persion finds it to be so.

Skylandos has SAO in it. It’s a bad anime, I’m sorry.

3 Likes

Would it surprise you to know that disregarding one or two things, this person may as well be a clone of me opinion-wise?

I’ve known him for five years. We share an absurd number of opinions and can finish each others sentences.

Also, make no mistake I don’t form opinions without doing some research. I’ve watched clips, trailers, ect.

The voice acting is subpar, the plot seems laughably nonexistent, and the jokes are overly childish (although this is less of a fault of the show as it is for a kid’s game). The high point is that the characters are well animated, but that is also taken down a peg by the nature of special effects, which look like they were done in MSPaint.

TL:DR, I think it’s[quote=“DarkHenrik, post:52, topic:29849”]
100% bad
[/quote]

and I am going to [quote=“DarkHenrik, post:52, topic:29849”]
say its bad
[/quote]
because the [quote=“DarkHenrik, post:52, topic:29849”]
one persion finds it to be so.
[/quote]

also happens to be my closest friend and advisor, and I don’t speak on anything without knowing a bit about it myself.

I’m not trying to say you can’t enjoy the show - it’s very clear you do, and by all means continue doing so - but I’m stating that I find it to be poorly executed in my eyes and by extension, a “bad” show. Take it as you will, this is a place of opinions.

4 Likes

ok, i was not trying to bash your opinion, the wording from your prior reply however made it look like you said that the show was bad, to not just you but for everyone.

You know, making it look like it was one of “those” kind of replies.

i understand that you personaly don’t like the show though, there are some Skylander fans for example who did not like the show, because the character act different from their game counterparts and stuff like that.

I saw the first episode and I wasn’t impressed. Just to make sure it wasn’t just the series trying to find its identity, I decided to watch another episode later down the line. It was equally as bad. Let past me give my opinion.

2 Likes

Alright, I just watched about 15 minutes of the first episode.

I hate to say it, but I found it to be awful.

The plot was generic “training rookies to fight arrogant big bad that always looses.”

Many of the characters were downright irritating, and those that weren’t felt bland and boring. The voices were…okay? Most of them seemed appropriate, but a few really got on my nerves. The humor seemed sort of dry, and wasn’t really all that funny. It really all just seemed generic and boring, nothing really interesting happened (despite a lot actually happening in that short amount of time). Spyro was downright annoying, and frankly just seemed like a generic teenager to me.

The animation was FOR THE MOST PART good, but the speaking wasn’t well animated. Most of the time that characters were speaking, the mouths didn’t move enough to make it actually look like they were capable of producing the voices they did. Eruptor, based on the animation alone, looked like he should sound really muffled, just because his lips didn’t enunciate anything.

Frankly, as someone with no previous interest in Skylanders, I hated it. It felt boring and stale, and even the production quality was with flaws. The background music is the only part I can say I enjoyed. I do not plan to be watching this again.

11 Likes

reminds me of sword art online

1 Like

:anguished:
That bad huh?

3 Likes

I mean Joe’s review and summary of it reminds me.of sword art online

2 Likes

I’d honestly argue that the 20 minutes I’ve seen of SAO was better.

I do not like SAO, don’t get me wrong. However, the production quality was still there, and the plot wasn’t as generic. It felt boring, but still like it had some level of substance to it. A substance this show, in my opinion, lacks.

4 Likes

Were there any character deaths in this anime

so if any of you have no desire to contine to watch Skylander Academy, would you all then wish to know what happends in later episodes then

because i have watched all episodes of season 1.

nope, but Eon gets poisend by darkness in the ending of the second to final episode and is getting worse in the final episode of season 1.

please, enough with the anime jokes, you know this was never made to be an anime, so does everyone else.

2 Likes

needs more bloodshed to be legit anime

1 Like