Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008) Discussion Topic

@Chronicler @Nyran,

Bringing the discussion back on topic, what did you guys think of how the Jedi were portrayed in TCW? George Lucas apparently wanted to make the Jedi seem more believable by doing away with the absurdly awesome Jedi abilities we saw in the EU and the 2003 Clone Wars series.

1 Like

Well, Ludicrously awesome and OP pretty much sums up the 03 series. Which is why it’s awesome.

I loved the portrayal of the Jedi we saw, in terms of what they could and couldn’t do. It all seemed to make sense.

I think the biggest things I liked was something I believe was carried over from 03, and that was how the Jedi had like, pseudo-armor for a while. I recall Obi-Wan especially it was noticeable.

Albeit, in 03, he temporarily wore full clone armor in the Ludicrously-unrealistic-yet-still-mind-blowingly-awesome Jousting scene.

2 Likes

So you like things like Clone-armored Jedi and knife-face Count Dooku? Funny, those are some of the things fans seem to complain about the most.

If anyone is confused about what we mean by “OP Jedi”, watch this:

5 Likes

Well, it’s like…if you’re gonna be a general in a war…you might want some more protection than some robes.

To each their own. I thought it was fine, and I didn’t really find myself annoyed by it at all really.

3 Likes

Definitely. I think it’s also a good way to commemorate the fallen Clone Troopers under their command (I’m pretty sure that’s where they get the armor from).

I liked it too. I almost like Corey Burton’s look and performance more then Christopher Lee.

1 Like

Well, the thing with Burton vs. Lee is, the Prequels had a lot of bad performances from good actors(except Ewan McGregor) for the sheer fact that the directing was terribad

As such, I think given a better director to work with, as well as a bigger part, Lee would’ve done just as good if not better.

2 Likes

While I like the Prequels, Lucas is definitely better at storytelling than he is at dialog and directing.

I wasn’t hating on Christopher Lee. TCW just gave Dooku (and thus Corey Burton) a lot more time to shine.

4 Likes

I personally liked the combination of the Robes and Armor. It made them look pretty cool.

Personally, I like the limiting of the Jedi’s powers. It makes them a little more relate-able. I also liked how all the clones had different personalities, despite them being clones. I think it made us grow on certain characters, and when they died, we felt bad about it.

4 Likes

Though the theatrical movie wasn’t great, I loved this series. Absolutely loved it. It did so much right after the disappointment of the prequel trilogy. This show was dark, yet still kept some parts cheery enough for me to enjoy every minute of it. Some episodes were duds, but the majority of it was very good. I’m still sad to see it go, but from what I’ve seen so far, Rebels is pretty good too. Looking forward to Episode VII :wink:

2 Likes

Do you guys have any favorite battle from throughout the seires?

I myself have a soft spot for the Battle of Cristophsis from the movie pilot.

However, my current favorite has to be the amazing episode-long battle waged in Darkness On Umbara.

How about y’all?

3 Likes

Either Gregor’s last stand, The hunt of General Krell, or the Second Battle of Geonosis.

2 Likes

Yeah that was cool I also liked how different units decorated their armor(I know that is was for more of the specialty units and such but still)

(this will be a little off topic) What I would like to see is an old republic story line animation or such.

2 Likes

I didn’t like Ahsoka too much at first either, but she really seemed to develop into the later seasons, particularly in the last few episodes.
Since my last comment, I’ve rewatched most of the series, and I’ve changed some opinions on it.
I really like the Clone Wars. A lot. It is so much better than any of the prequel trilogy movies. However, the Clone Wars movie kinda sucked, and the beginning of Season One wasn’t too great. After that, it really took off and, in my opinion, was the strongest Star Wars material released since the Original Trilogy. I look forward to buying The Lost Missions on Bluray.

3 Likes

The second battle of Geonosis, the battle for Kamino, and the battle for Mon Calamari were some of my favorites

3 Likes

Echo is alive.

2 Likes

Old news man. :stuck_out_tongue:

Though there are rumours that we may see the “Bad Batch” arc (featuring Commando Echo) in the near future. #psyched

5 Likes

How have I not posted here before!? I like CW quite a bit. I just finished the last season a few weeks ago; though I wish there had been more closure to some things, cough Darth Maul cough those last three episodes were a good way to end the show.

The loose ends really aren’t the creators’ fault, or the fault of bad writing. In the end, it all came down to budget cuts. :confused:

3 Likes

I know. Disney messed them over. :frowning:

1 Like

I feel like they get a lot more flak then they ever deserved. Here’s how I understand the situation:

1- George Lucas is producing TCW, and paying out of his own pocket whenever an ep. goes over budget (which allegedly happened often).

2- Disney buys Lucasfilm for 4 billion. Lucas retires and Disney investors are eager to start seeing the SW bucks roll in.

3- In order to recoup their investment, Lucasfilm and Disney execs/CEOs decide to push the Sequel Trilogy in order to get cinematic Star Wars back into style.

4- With the amount of resources going towards Episode 7, and George Lucas being unavailable to finance anymore, Kathleen Kennedy (Lucasfilm president) decided to pull the plug on TCW. It just wasn’t economically sound anymore.

2 Likes