Star Wars Topic

I feel like this may be the beginning of us getting two movies a year when this comes out. I don’t necessarily want that, I expect that to happen.

There’s another thing this trilogy does: it buys LFL time to build hype for episode 9. assuming we get a movie every two years, we’ll go from 2019 to 2025 with no Skywalker input on the series in film.

1 Like

Have you read Aftermath? Hoooo boy.

But I agree, they should expand and do different things with the universe, not just focus solely on the Skywalker saga.

I’ve read two of the three. I always wait for the paperback versions of the novels to come out, because I don’t want to spend $30 on a book. Aftermath and Aftermath: Life Debt aren’t perfect, but at least they have a cohesive three-act plot structure. The first third of Heir to the Jedi doesn’t connect to the rest of the book at all. It feels like the author turned in the second and third act, was told the book wasn’t long enough, and wrote a random first act that didn’t do anything for the rest of the book except introduce a character that was killed off by the end anyway.

If the book had been a selection of three short stories in the same package, I think it would work, but as one cohesive narrative, it falls flat on it’s face.

1 Like

I’d say you’re mostly right about that. There’s a few episodes of rebels I’m not too happy with, and some of the comics stuff.

2 Likes

A war fought so one man could gain power, he needed an army to take out the Jedi and rule the galaxy, and he needed a reason that army should exist, and have a positive backing from the public. Thus, he staged a war that would see all the pieces perfectly set in place, and the Jedi spread so thinly they would be blindsided. Now of course, the plan didn’t succeed, as the Stormies don’t exactly have a positive backing.

Yes, I know why the war was fought, but wars typically need two sides fighting each other. Can the Clone War really be called a war if there was one guy controlling both sides, though? To us, the audience, we know about Palpatine’s manipulations on both sides and what the outcome was going to be either way, making a lot of heroic sacrifices pointless and even more tragic.

That’s what I was getting at. It’s not really “dumb” at all, it’s just that if you were to look at it as a conflict like the Galactic Civil War or the First Order conflict, there’s a big difference between them, in that the Clone Wars weren’t really a conflict at all, more just a fancy charade. It’s one of the most interesting aspects about the Prequel era.

Speaking of the clone wars, what do you guys prefer

• The clone wars(2008)
  • Clone wars(2003)

0 voters

2 Likes

The movie or show?

I’m referring to the shows

1 Like

hey @Chronicler, reading what you said in the Last Jedi topic, it made me wonder what you (and some of the others here) thought of the Yuuzhan Vong from Legend canon (and maybe also voicing some of your other personal dislikes from that canon).

I felt they were out of place, honestly.

the yuuzhan vong don’t exist
chewbacca never died
he’s just sleeping

2 Likes

Which Grevious was better?

[poll]

[/? [poll]]

So, as I’m sure many Star Wars fans do, I think that the EU is much better than the canon. However, there is no way to replace those now, and I believe that there may be a way to make the EU canon again. After a few movies, the Jedi Master at the time could sense the greater Force power that was explored in the EU, and find that one use of it (in canon) could be to travel between dimensions or something, and they end up in the EU. I know it’s a bit cliché, but I really want to see the EU interpreted into movies. And please, no LAst Jedi spoilers until February (if you haven’t seen it by then, you probably won’t care if it’s spoiled.)

3 Likes

I really like a lot of the EU stuff too, but I don’t think it should be made canon. A lot of the EU material might be a little too crazy, and possibly even too gory for a Star Wars movie. I like having the EU as a cool place to go for obscure information that most casual fans wouldn’t know or care about. I think they could incorporate some aspects of the EU into some movies however.

1 Like

But Chewbacca dies in the EU

Given that the EU takes place over a period of a couple thousand years or so at the very least, I think it’s safe to say that everyone in Star Wars either has, or would’ve, died at some point or another.
And for the record, I don’t care what Disney says; the EU will always be part of the original canon. Go ahead. Tell Exar Kun and Darth Revan that they don’t exist anymore. See where that gets you.

One of the only things I know about the old canon is that Palpatine made a bunch of clones of himself, so every time he was killed he could just pop back up. Sounds like a great idea for a movie…

4 Likes