Star Wars Topic

There weren’t 30 troopers in Lair Of Grievous.
There were way less troopers.
If you don’t count the troopers that appeared in the recap.

You mean the episode where they had to rescue R2?

2 Likes

its been along time all i remember about the skybast episode is that they went there for some reason and the gold and black droid was revealed to be a spy, and as usual almost all the clones got slaughtered

2 Likes

Think that may be a bit much. Not sure where this bullying aspect is coming from… if its happened here or elsewhere, but not everyone is like that. People critiquing the prequels online doesn’t mean they are bullying automatically. I can like or dislike a film and critique or praise it without expecting others to feel the same, most the time i do so its so that some form of discussion can occur because whether i like or dislike something I’m normally intrigued about it.

Yes, its not healthy to bash on something constantly, but this is just a topic where people express their views. They may not bash on it as much as you think, only when its mentioned as the topic of conversation. The most recent thing to happen in live-action Star Wars is the prequels and The Force Awakens - and we already have a topic to talk about The Force Awakens.

Hence why people’s minds fall back to the prequels, i don’t think people are harbouring a massive negativity constantly, most people probably moved on… Chances are when TFA is out, most people will barely talk about the prequels. Get the feeling its just the fact its the discussion that causes people to talk about it :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think that is entirely the intention, I’m sure there are some people like that, but not everyone who critiques the movie is trying to target those who like it also. I’m not ok with that sort of thing either.

2 Likes

Obi-Wan’s bad choices make him who he is. He has good intentions, he just does them in not the smartest ways. And he makes bad choices in the original trilogy too.

“A certain point of view?” Yeah no. While it’s good that the truth hadn’t been revealed yet so Luke could become a Jedi, perhaps he shouldn’t have tried to be even more of a jerk and say it was true from a certain point of view.

6 Likes

Grab your pitchforks and torches!

2 Likes

*Claps hands together
So, what are we talking about? The prequels? Ok.

-Inroduced a lot of villians that didn’t really matter in the end ( Darth Maul, Count Dooku, General Greivous) These are some pretty cool characters, but they didn’t really do much in the movies.

-Explained the Force. Did we really need to know that you can only get powers if you have some stuff in your cells? It really took the mythical aspect away.

-Bad direction. The prequels had some pretty good actors, they just didn’t get into their roles.

-TMI. Just too much information. Lots of unnecessary details.

-Too much CGI. This goes beyond Yoda, lots of aliens and characters just looked too fake.

I have nothing against the prequels, in fact the prequels did a lot of things right:

-Obi Wan. Nuff said.

-Space Dogfights

-Explained the Sith and Jedi

-Origins of the Empire

-Orign of the Skywalkers

-Pushed the boundaries of Special Effects

I don’t like the prequels as much as the original trilogy, but I don’t hate them either. Even the original had its own problems. The prequels were made to expand the SW universe and they succeeded.

5 Likes

Facebook, YouTube, pretty much every other grouping of Star Wars fans except the Boards has this problem.

Very true, though I would argue many critiques people bring up about the prequels don’t have much basis. I guess it’s up to us to engage in respectful, healthy debate about it then.

Very true.

Looking back, I realize that lots of my previous replies were born out of an almost animal defence instinct. I’ve seen some of my favourite movies being torn to shreds so much for so long that I’ve developed an overcompensation attitude when talking about it.

Thanks a ton Scar for this discussion (it’s the best I’ve had on the Boards in months) and making me realize all these things. You’ve given me a lot to think about and a lot to work on too. Cheers mate!

Only about 4 clones died. They knew the risks, it wasn’t a waste.

Same thing with Fi’s team in Lair Of Grievous (both those eps are from early in S1 BTW). Those Clones were given a mission, and they tried their best to complete it. Make sense?

All three of those villains are fantastic IMO, but that’s probably because of their moments in TCW. Though I must say that Sir Christopher Lee had some fine moments in ATOC.

I dunno, Dooku was kinda the face of the Separatist movement…

It didn’t though. Midiclorians weren’t the origin of the Force, they were it’s conduits. Plus, on another lever, they were yet another example of the Jedi’s blindness. If you wanna learn more about the Force itself, watch the “Yoda arc” from the Lost Missions/S6 of TCW on Netflix.

Like what? What do you think was superfluous?

Which characters?

Now, while I’ve been a pretty staunch Prequel defender on this topic, there’s one part of Episode III that I really hate: the Anakin/Kenobi/Dooku duel. It had some decent moments (SBDs! Dooku’s taunting, foreshadowing) but the choreography itself felt loose and sloppy IMO. Any thoughts?

4 Likes

I thought mediclorians were dumb and unnecessary

so does JJ Abrams apparently as well (not that that really has anything to do with it, just pointing it out :stuck_out_tongue: )

really? I liked that fight, mainly because of the good moments, was far superior to the fight at the end of Episode 2 which was just… weird

3 Likes

Haven’t we been over this before?

I disagree completely. Anakin hacking at Dooku with two sabers in the dark is one of my favourite visuals in the entire Saga. Plus, it made a mark on me 'cuz it was one of the few times we really saw Jedi get injured. The ROTS fight on the other hand… Obi-Wan’s fall under that banister looked sooo fake.

3 Likes

TCW 03’ Grievous is the most amazing thing I’ve seen, if only he was that cool in the movie.
They were all great villians, but I think Dooku should have taken Maul’s place in TPM. That way we would have known him earlier, and give him more time to show us how awesome he is. It would also make the interactions between him, Kenobi, and Anikian even more interesting.

The more Midiclorians you had, the stronger you were in the Force. In the originals Luke is just an insignificant farm boy who through training and willpower becomes a Jedi and saves the galaxy. It sent the message that it didn’t matter where you came from, if you tried hard enough you could do great things. Destiny was a factor, but you had to choose to follow it.

Oh man, those Yoda episodes were trippy. I don’t quite remember all of it, all I remember was Dark Yoda, the creepy sisters, the dead Sith guy, the visions of alternate realities, and the fake duel with Darth Sideous

All those politics.

Dexter? Dexar? The diner dude, Zen, Gungans,Geonosians

4 Likes

yeah, I still think they’re dumb and unnecessary :stuck_out_tongue:

like over-explaining things in the bionicle universe

yeah that part was fine, it was just them twirling sabers in front of their faces made it look like lucas was trying to make some weird art thing

oh yeah I forgot about that (probably because I was trying to :stuck_out_tongue: )

see, space politics can be interesting (Mass Effect, Halo in the books to a dgree) but they made it so not interesting

1 Like

I’ve never understood why people dislike the Ewoks so much. Sure, they had a few ridiculous moments, but I think they did a good job of balancing the dark tone of the rest of the movie. Plus, their appearance really doesn’t bother me at all.

But, I guess I’m one of the few people who feel this way…

5 Likes

I don’t hate them

I just dislike them

1 Like

That’s what I said. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s definitely one of the things that bothered me in the PT. All of the political discussions (at least, in TPM and AOTC) were just so boring, in every sense of the word–the lighting was poor, the music was quiet and just not that exciting, and the scenes just failed to capture my interest, and they just stop the movie dead.

Although, ROTS did do those scenes a bit better (and they were all fairly brief.)

3 Likes

oh, I derped

basically, I feel like they should have been wookies, the thing that bugs me the most is that the emperor says “an entire legion of my best troops is on the forest moon” or something to that effect, and they get taken down by teddy bears

yee, also the story of Darth Plagus was great

4 Likes

I have to side with you there. I mean, I’m not a person who necessarily likes them, but I don’t see why people hate them.

2 Likes

Alright guys, I just found some starwars leaks.
It turns out Jar-Jar is gonna be in episode 7 :confused: :confused: :confused:

2 Likes

/jk

Anyway, I’m pretty hyped for the movie.

5 Likes

No problem, hope you didn’t take anything i said wrong or anything.

I think it could be good, if they let go of the past actors/characters

3 Likes

Why? I’m looking forward to Old Han Solo beating up the bad guys again. I’m sure the old cast’s roles will diminish, but man, they brought them into the film. Don’t get rid of them THAT fast.

3 Likes