Star Wars Topic

To me it doesn’t feel like they seem to have much of a connection to the main story from what we’ve seen - the only part that seems to be important is the Light Saber being passed down and even that didn’t really require the characters to return.

1 Like

Currently, we know little to nothing about the film. I feel it would be best to see what happens when the film comes out. Save your judgement until then.

2 Likes

We’ve had character bio’s, descriptions of varying locations and weapons, we know vehicles and ships, we knows most of the basic plotline and story. Obviously i wont judge the film completely up until that point, but as far as i am concerned the inclusion of the old characters from what we know currently serves little purpose. At this stage though i could probably write-up a lot of what the plotline is based on what they’ve released officially.

1 Like

I heard Ford only agreed to be in one movie, and then retire. I hope they don’t kill him off in the first 30 minutes or anything like that, but he is going one way or another.

I don’t think Abrams would do that. After all, wouldn’t the first 30 minutes set up the plot and get the ball (or in this case, BB8) rolling?

Yeah, I don’t think you know everything going on just because of the toys and all those descriptions. You may think you do, but Abrams still has some surprises to give us.

4 Likes

Obviously they have some surprises, but a lot of the plot has been revealed already. It would be silly of Abrams to put focus on the older charcters - instead they are likely serving the same role as ‘old spock’, passing down the legacy to the new characters.

1 Like

While I think that’ll probably happen with Luke and Leia, I doubt Han Solo will be in the same shoes as them. If anything, while the younger characters are the stars of the film, I see Han Solo also playing a more major role as well. No doubt he’ll still be up to his old tricks again.

I again disagree. I’ve been following a lot of Star Wars news, but I know little to nothing about the plot. What characters do, who they are, where they go. I don’t know much about it.

Who is Maz Catana, and what’s her band supposed to be for? What is with those gang guys in the Millennium Falcon set? Why are the bad guys looking for Luke’s lightsaber? Who the heck is Supreme Leader Snoke? Why do we care about Kylo Ren? Why why why. No big questions like that have been revealed.

5 Likes

You’ve been purposefully avoiding spoilers… i can answer pretty much all of those if you desire with images, details and quotes. The spoilers would probably ruin the movie for you though, so your choice

1 Like

Details, quotes, images. Doesn’t make up everything. Just so you know, toys, concept art, and set images don’t always make up the entire film. In post production, some things change. Severely sometimes.

That’s why I avoid spoilers. I don’t want to get my hopes up.

1 Like

It really does make up the entire plot but i suppose like you said, things could change in post production.

===

In other news;
Episode VII will now be released on December 17 in the UK, one day before US release.

1 Like

Saw that. Makes me disappointed that they get to see it before us Americans. :frowning:

Also, that post is missing vital points. I was reading some comments, and people pointed out that the synopsis the guy made was MISSING Finn wielding the lightsaber. As well as some assumptions being made, too.

1 Like

I guess you didn’t read it because it clearly states it multiple times…

1 Like

I’ve begun to read it now. Anyways, some parts of it don’t feel right. After all, I see a lot of speculation in this too.

I may just stop where I’m at, because, honestly, I don’t want to spoil some of these potential plot-lines. I’m not gonna say this is fact. Nope, not at all. You know why? Because Abrams said a while back that some of the stuff leaked is fabricated. Which means some of the stuff in there could be faked.

And faked stuff can make itself feel real. Remember the Nekchir leaks and how many of us were convinced of them? This exact same thing can happen.

1 Like

I’m not forcing you to read anything. You don’t want spoilers, you don’t have to read it. I’m not claiming it to be 100% accurate - it was just showing we have a lot of things from varying segments of the movie.

===

Its just the idea that you dismissed things without reading that bugs me slightly - such as the plot missing ‘Finn wielding the lightsaber’ when that happened in the plot. You dismissed that there was a lot of information out when you’ve been avoiding spoilers and information about the film also.

If your intent is to avoid spoilers chances are you wouldn’t be checking the news or information all the time for new sources - so it feels a little off to then claim there is very little when you haven’t been openly looking for it ><

I’ve been following a lot of Star War news, actually. Have you not seen a lot of what I posted in all these topics?

Also, I’d like to mention that I only like to look at official Star Wars news, not stuff leaked by fans or people on the inside, because often times, it can be faked.

1 Like

You mean if only he was the most OP character ever 'till Starkller came along? No thanks. :stuck_out_tongue:

How would Dooku not have died though?

Yeah, and they’re mostly random. It’s no different then how it was in the originals.

There were plenty of strong Force users in the PT. Case and point: Padme.

Including the ones that explain the formation of the oh-so-awesome Empire?

I could give ya that one.

Who? The shapeshifter assassin?

Those guys looked great IMO.

It can go either way.

That why it was visually so awesome.

Meh, I liked 'em.

I love em too.

Again, I disagree. Most of them had some level of interest. Grab one scene in particular and let’s debate, shall we?

Indeed.

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

More like excluding. All the red tape was atrocious. (Oh yeah Naboo is being invaded, but you don’t have any proof other than a city of eyewitness including two Jedi. Can’t do anything, bummer)

Autocorrect strikes again! Zam the shapeshifter.

3 Likes

…because it served to show how corrupt the Republic was and how it so easily became the Empire.

She looked fine to me. I’m almost certain she was created with a mask…

2 Likes

(Forgot to answer this before)

In TPM? Simple. The writers write that he somehow escapes.

I really do think Dooku should have taken Maul’s place, the interactions would have been fantastic. I can see it now: Dooku invades Naboo to cement ties with the Trade Federation, Qui-gon denounces his master, a duel! Master vs Apperentice! Jedi vs Sith! But neither actually intends to kill. Dooku accidently slays Qui-gon and is overcome by grief. He flees, leaving behind Obi-Wan who will carry out his master’s dying wish of training Anakin.

Now it makes sense for Kenobi and Skywalker to be pissed. The fact that Qui-gon’s death is on Dooku’s hands will make it more of a dilemma for Anakin to rid of the Count once and for all, driving him to the dark side.

True.

The lighting is so dark I can’t tell.

5 Likes

Well, the senate meeting from TPM was probably the worst in my opinion. First off, the acting is painfully boring, and it seems like the characters aren’t even that interested. The queen (or her decoy, right? ), despite demanding help, sounded very uninterested and monotone–not necessarily calm, or respectful, but just bored. And the actual discussion was also…strange. There’s no real argument, no build up–it’s just her making claims about the Trade Federation, then they deny it, and then she motions for a vote of no confidence. It comes out of nowhere, and honestly doesn’t make much sense (at least, to me. ) She literally stated in the scene before that Valorum was one of their supporters, and that she trusted him, but then she just turns against him out of nowhere.

Also, the scene itself just fails to be interesting (IMO). The room is a single shade of grey/blue with no other colors to break it up, the CGI is overused (to the point where the majority of the scene is all CGI), and the music is quiet and, ultimately, adds nothing to the scene.

It’s not necessarily the content of the scene…it’s just the way it’s presented. That’s all.

5 Likes