Super Sentai / Power Rangers

The red one looks way better than what we actually got.Also the Taurus armour looks the best out of them all in my opinion.

2 Likes

Oh man, what I have to say about Super Sentai…

It’s a very interesting case with me, since it was my first view into the world of Toku (I don’t really count Power Rangers) and also my first experience with subtitled television, Japanese toys, and pretty much anything that was special to Super Sentai. While I have lost most of my interest now as I now look more towards Kamen Rider, I will always like Super Sentai as that one series that got me into the others.

Also, I started with Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger, which is now sort of nostalgic for me XD

3 Likes

Out of the five sentai series I’ve seen, that was my faveorite.

2 Likes

@Joe @Ninjanicktf

Kyoryuger is my personal favorite, but in similar fashion to Kamen Rider Fourze, I haven’t seen it in years, so I dunno if my opinion on it is still valid.

1 Like

Is anyone else hyped for these figures?

Honestly, I’m really interested in seeing how the figure body will look adapted into the other teams.

2 Likes

I wonder if they’ll do Wild Force.

1 Like

If they said they’ll do almost every team, I don’t see why not :laughing:

I’m planning to marathon every Power Rangers series on Netflix. Wish me luck.

Also who excited for the new series.

1 Like

To be honest, I enjoy Ultraman more than Kamen Rider or Super Sentai this season.

Any Ultraman fans here?

To a degree, but it’s very much an “extra” thing for me, usually putting Sentai in front of that, and Kamen Rider in front of Sentai.

For your benefit, I suggest skipping turbo, samurai, super samurai, megaforce, and don’t go Anywhere near Super megaforce.

I’ve seen a few episodes. Not something I could get heavily into though.

There’s a lot of Ultraman series. Newer ones can give you a bad impression on the franchise overall.

@Joe For me, Ultraman, Kamen Rider, then Super Sentai.

Do not double post. - Eljay

I watched the first few episode of the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers and it’s stupid, really really stupid. It feels like Saved by the Bell mixed with ninja and giant robots with Showa Godzilla effects.

1 Like

Lately, I’ve been on a bit of a Power Rangers nostalgia trip through watching videos on YouTube. I know the new series, Ninja Steel debuted a few weeks ago, but I haven’t had a chance to watch it yet

Also, I might do a Netflux marathon of the old episodes sometime during the summer.

1 Like

I think PR is pretty good, there are some things that could be fixed but for the most part PR is fine

Also PR ninja steal is pretty good so far

Edited for double post. Please look through the site rules if you don’t know what that means, or feel free to ask a mod. Thanks. --John Smith

Daily reminder RPM’s final episode wasn’t called Ranger Black and it never will be

A N GE R I

1 Like

So the Sentai series I’m currently watching are Ninninger and I plan to watch the upcoming Kyuuranger. Also has anybody seen the picture for the 10th Kyuuranger? It got leaked, I can post it here if anyone wants to see it.

Here’s to hoping Kyuuranger gets adapted :wine_glass:.

2 Likes

So I just got into Sentai since I don’t like Power Ranger. I’m starting with Zyuranger and will probably go on from there.

One question I do have is are there any Sentai series I should avoid? I don’t want to watch a bad one and end up disappointing myself.

1 Like

They all have flaws but none of them are actually bad, well, except for Ohranger. A lot of people didn’t like Ohranger and it almost ended Sentai because it’s bad viewership. But it’s toy sales saved it. It really depends on the person who’s watching it if they like it or not because it shifts tones back and forth from dark to light. That was because some bad stuff happened in Japan at the time and they wanted to make a light series to cheer up people, but they also wanted to make a dark series like their first series. I personally don’t mind tone shifts but if you don’t like that then I suggest you skip it.