The Bionicle G1/G2 Connection Theory Topic

Actually it simply destoys time. it doesn’t change it.

2 Likes

ok maybe before tridax died in g1 he had and used the mask of time

Its a possibility but given the fact that time continued as normal afterwords I doubt it.

2 Likes

Ok whats your theory on g1 to g2??

Personally I like them separate but if you want one:

6 Likes

ok makes sense

1 Like

Edited title for clarity -legomaster

2 Likes

My theory is the hole univers of G2 bionicle is hologram that makuta or another being is watching to see how events play out .such as Makuta could be planning on making the mask of ultimate power but is unsure if it will work out for him so using his power ( or another beings) to create an ilusion of what will happen if he creates the mask of ultimate power so he knows its safe.

There’s no reason to create an illusion of what will happen, because Makuta can just use his brain and think about it (Unless there’s an equivalent to psychohistory in this universe). There’s also next to no evidence backing up this theory.

2 Likes

You see the problem is a theory needs evidence. This is more of a headcanon. Now he totally could be doing this but we don’t even know if holograms exist in G2. To be really frank we don’t know if advanced technology of any sort (except the characters themselves) exists.

Sure it could also be a “magical” hologram, but that leads to the fact that Makuta would need to be able to scry (create a magical image of an event from the past, present, or future). We don’t know if magical scrying is possible in G2.

Now I’m seriously not trying to dis you or anything but It just doesn’t have enough evidence to be called a theory.

If I hypothetically said “G2 is connected to G1 because of the Mask of Time references” then that would be a theory. You see I listed (possibly flawed) evidence.

2 Likes

Ryder Windham tried something similar to this concept, connecting both generations. Though he doesnt know how to write time travel stories since he way overcomplicated it when he gave us the description of what he wanted to do (that or he completely didnt get ready for the interview, which is why this could explain the constant slip ups during interview).

It’s most likely a transitional continuation. In Journey to One, we see an overhead shot of the entire planet of Okoto. To the far right, we see a large continent. That continent closely matches the topography of Western Spherus Magna. It definitely takes place on the same planet. The question is universe and time it takes place.

1 Like

What interested me about Ryder coming up with a backstory for the Toa is that it suggests that that information wasn’t in the story bible he was given.

So either LEGO haven’t decided where the Toa are from, which seems unlikely given they are the focus of the story; or they have decided, but it is being kept secret for a future big reveal. Which seems pretty promising for a “surprise” G1 connection.

Interesting. I’ll have to go back and look at that. That would put Okoto in the right place for a theory I had in 2014; that the island formed on the part of SM that was previously Aqua Magna, as a result of all the geological activity of the Reformation. But since then it’s been heavily implied that the Toa are from another universe… :confused:

3 Likes

Hard to tell. I did say same location. Time and Universe are questions without answers.

We have seen that alternate universes do exist, so there is always that. The Vahi was used, so time is a possibility as well. Clues of the vahi and the valley of the maze definitely link to the first generation, we just don’t know how.

2 Likes

I think the mask of time references are more just little Easter eggs because why would the mask of time be carved into rock or the ground in the first place and if someone did carve it there because they new about it and it was special than why dident they take better care of it if it was special.my point is if they thought it was important to carve it into rock than why dident they take better care of it.

On another note . mata nui and okoto are very similar they could be the same place but different time zones .this is only bases on the looks of the 2 islands being similar because no every island can be perfectly split up

1 Like

I used the MoT example as a quickly thrown together “theory” not because I believe it.

2 Likes

OK I ment no offence BTW :grinning:

1 Like

none taken

1 Like

NOTE:
I already posted this in the BIONICLE 2017 Topic, but I added something which could apply to this topic.

What if the drained parts of Umarak’s hunter mask… were drained by Makuta so he could have the power of shadows in the Mask of Ultimate Power?

Think about it.

We might assume that there were only the six elements shown to us to be forged into the Mask of Ultimate Power.

"It was a sacred law that a mask could never contain the power of more than one element, otherwise it would become to strong and dangerous." -The Legend

Now it never specifically says, “It was a sacred law that a mask could never contain the all the power of all six elements, otherwise it would become to strong and dangerous.”

“A mask could never contain the power of one element” compared to “A mask could never contain the power of all the elements.”

This line could imply that there are more elements than just the main six.
Shadow could be one of them.

That would explain the evil eyes of the Mask of Ultimate Power. A dark element was placed in a mask with the six foundation elements of Okoto.

Umarak was born from the shadows when Okoto was first beginning. This implies that shadow is an evil element.

Not to mention, the Mask of Ultimate Power ‘Shadow-Flames’ are similar to Umarak’s shadow powers in BIONICLE: Journey to One.

Then I had another thought…
In the animation Fallen Heroes, it shows Makuta with the Mask of Control, but there was a flame around it.

Could the flame represent the shadow-flame of the Mask of Ultimate Power (notice the background between the two)?
But shadows are not really associated with the G2 Makuta so… Makuta Teridax of G1 perhaps?

In that same episode, Pohatu said, “Under the evil Makuta’s control.”

Question is:
WHICH Makuta?

The G2 Mask Maker? Or the G1 Teridax?

EDIT:
In other words, the Toa know that Makuta is behind the evil, but they do not realize that there is another Makuta.
So they’re right… and yet so dead wrong.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The one with the mask of control. G2.
/theory

1 Like