The Bionicle G1/G2 Connection Theory Topic

It hasn’t been proven that it’s a burial mask, probably Ekimu’s mask before he wore the MOCr.

1 Like

So his protector mask?

Golden Protector Mask… of Ice (Creation)?

1 Like

I like to think that the MOCr puts a lot of stress on the user’s mind, which would be a perfect gateway to Ekimu having a (let’s call it) “Casual” mask for when he wasn’t creating.

Seem Plausible?

1 Like

No, blue flame. That’s how I view it.

3 Likes

I think it’s ice because of the ice studs shot from the Hammer of Power.

Also, if you look at Ekimu/Izotar’s Masks, they have a similar trans-blue color.

1 Like

That’s just the color, though. Color doesn’t prove that.

And plus, why would Ekimu use ice when he’s around flame most of the time when he makes masks? Would it be better to to have high-intensity fire for it instead?

4 Likes

You misunderstand.

Ekimu doesn’t use the power of ice to forge masks. He uses ice to place its power into Masks of Power.

Take a look at these.

Both of the photos have similar looks when it comes to ice-powered attacks.

According to Skull Warrior’s Freeze Bow Rapid Shooter description in Characters on LEGO.com, it says ‘The powerful bow can rapid-fire frost pellets over great distances freezing targets to the spot.
When you look at the Protector of Ice’s Elemental Ice Blaster description in Characters, it also says 'This frost-powered weapon will freeze targets to the spot.

Now looking at the studs of Ekimu and the Protector of Ice’s weapons, we can assume the element fired from the Hammer of Power is ice.

EDIT:

Also, colors represent elements.

1 Like

That doesn’t prove anything. It just proves that they’re the same color, that’s all.

But does it say that for Ekimu’s hammer? No, it doesn’t.

3 Likes

The bolts just acted like lasers when they hit Kulta, they didn’t freeze him.

3 Likes

Take a look at the bolts. The Ice ones coming from warriors bow are orderly and crystalline. the “other” ones coming from Ekimu’s hammer were jagged. I’d argue that if anything (Though I kinda prefer nothing) it would be simply energy.

2 Likes

Sorry for going full out nerd in advance.

Energy cannot have a physical form. It is a property of matter, and can only be found IN MATTER! https://youtu.be/Zq1aPOunsFA?t=4m50s

Chances are, it is plasma. Continue watching that video to find out more.

2 Likes

Guys these bolts of the bows from the skull warriors are as stated in the book, in truth arrows, not a bolt of ice energy.

Has that actually been officially stated for Gen 2 yet? I mean, it’s been assumed, but not exactly stated.

1 Like

Bionicle has yet to care about the laws of physics.

5 Likes

Remember guys, we’re talking about a toy theme with magic masks, I’m pretty sure that scientific logic doesn’t exactly apply here.

3 Likes

I was watching BioTalk Book Club listening to the TTV Podcast gang
talk about different theories for the Bionicle G2 universe and I thought
up a crazy, fun idea. Just gonna throw it out there:

What if Brutaka used his mask to come to the G2 universe?

:smiley:

1 Like

Maybe he brought Artakha to the Okotoverse that way.

1 Like

So, I posted this theory in the “Is Okoto on Spherus Magna” topic a couple days ago, and this topic seems to be heading in this direction eventually, so I’ll post it here too.

(warning text wall ahead)

We know that Bionicle follows the Many Worlds Theory, that is, that there are infinitely many parallel universes in the Bionicle multiverse, all happening simultaneously, examples of this include the Dark Mirror, and The Kingdom. I would propose that the Okotoverse is yet another one of these alternate universes, that split off from the prime universe some time in the distance past. This accounts for certain similarities and differences between the two, like why the toa all have the same names but not the same masks, why the mask of creation and the mask of time exist in both, why the nuva symbols hold great power in both, but Mata Nui, Artakha, Karzahni, and other notable characters are not found in the Okotoverse. It also explains why everything in G1 was explained with energized protodermis, while everything in G2 is explained with magic. To quote Thor “Your ancestors called it magic and you call it science. Well, I come from a place where they’re one and the same thing.” The villagers of the Okotoverse aren’t highly industrial like the Matoran of Metru Nui. What the Matoran saw as science and mechanics, appears to be magic in the eyes of the villagers of Okoto.

5 Likes

From the 2016 Bionicle Topic to here, I wanted to address this:

Nope. It’s not. The picture that was posted with this says that the Mask of Time used by the Protectors is the top half of the actual Mask of Time. This in no way suggest direct continuation.

Soft reboot maybe, but not a direct continuation. That would mean that G2 takes place in G1’s universe immediately after the end of G1, which simply cannot be. Okoto cannot exist anywhere else but in another dimension.

Notice I said soft reboot. Meaning there may be some connections between worlds, but none that substantially make them the same. Could the Mask of Time be spread out between G1’s universe and G2’s universe? Possibly. Can G2 elude to the fact that the bottom half of the Mask of Time is in another universe? It very well can, but that does not make G2 a continuation of the established story of G1. We aren’t meant to go back to Spherus Magna, but maybe LEGO would like to point out that we aren’t entirely separated from the cannon we all loved.

2 Likes

I have to admit that continuation was wrong word. I really meant to say connection. Which this pretty much confirms.

2 Likes