The Brotherhood of Makuta: Makuta Sidoshi

This Topic will be updated with more pictures shortly!
This will include:
-His T2 Vehicle
-Some members of his Strike team
-More poses and shots.

Name: Makuta Sidoshi
Assigned region: none
Kanohi: Rode, the Great Mask of Truth

Brief intro and easy summary
Makuta Sidoshi was a lesser Makuta and detective. His job in the Brotherhood was to root out corruption within the Brotherhood and to investigate any Brotherhood Employees, or even Members, accused of a crime. After Teridax assumed control of the Brotherhood, he became devoted to rooting out any potential Miserix sympathizers or dissenters. He had a crew of twelve or thirteen elite warriors with which he would use as a strike team in necessary conditions.
He led a small legion in the battle against the Barraki, and due to his great success, he was granted by Antroz his small, elite strike team. Sidoshi used these warriors to root out corruption around the Matoran Universe. They resided with him on Stelt.
Sidoshi met his end at the hand of Makuta Aveeccious in the small island of Kumo Nui, where his body was demolished and essence disintegrated by the more powerful Makuta. Aveeccious was falsely believed to have perished as well, and thus Kumo Nui came to be known as “The Makuta’s Tomb”.

History
Sidoshi lived a life of obscurity in the beginning; he was not so swift, gifted or brilliant as many of his brothers and sisters. When the brotherhood was formed, and Miserix rose to prominence as its leader, Sidoshi worked in Rahi laboratories on Destral, where he based many of his projects off of the work of Chirox and Mutran. His Rahi, unfortunately, were derivative and substandard.

He requested to be transferred to the Administrative sect of the Brotherhood, where he impressed Miserix with his creative, thoughtful solutions to complex issues. He warned both Aveeccious and Miserix about the potential threat the Kanohi Dragon would become if kept near (Just south of) Metru Nui during its construction by Aveeccious. Mere years later, it escaped captivity and wreaked havoc in the great city. Aveeccious was punished, and Sidoshi was praised for his wisdom.

Not long after, Miserix sent Icarax and Mutran on a mission to Xia, to “encourage” them to lower their prices. Icarax succeeded in his task by demolishing numerous buildings, but it was not an effective solution long-term. Sidoshi compiled a detailed report on Xia’s domestic industry practices, in addition to numerous solutions to the problem of rising prices on Xian goods due to a number of reasons, including price-matching, coercion, and outright fraud. His proposals regarded the long-term governance of the island, and were effective in evolving Xian-International trade into a self-regulated process. Again, Sidoshi impressed Miserix, and he was sent to the legal department to work under Makuta Aveeccious, where he would propose solutions to any problems the Matoran Universe would present him with.

As the Barraki rose to prominence, and Teridax was ordered to monitor their actions, Makuta Sidoshi worked directly under him along with Makuta Jormuntrax, the Brotherhood spymaster. Sidoshi came to greatly respect Teridax during this time, for his cunning, subtlety, and sheer intelligence. He also befriended Jormuntrax to some extent, and the duo worked effectively to unravel the schemes of the League of Six Kingdoms: Jormuntrax as an infiltrator and kidnapper, and Sidoshi as an interrogator and communications expert. They rooted out rogue coup de tats within the League itself before learning of a dark truth: the League planned to overthrow the Great Spirit. The Brotherhood began discreetly mustering their armies from the corners of the universe, until, eventually, the Barraki Takadox informed Miserix of the plan. Feigning surprise, the Brotherhood maneuvered their warships into position for the battle.

For his part, Sidoshi was granted a small legion under the grand banner of the Brotherhood army by Makuta Teridax. With some tactical advice from Makuta Antroz, Sidoshi faired surprisingly well in the ‘Battle against the Barraki’, and wielded his small battalion to victory against Barraki forces.

Makuta Sidoshi became well-known for his exploits during this time, and resigned from his former job under Aveeccious. He was given a small group of elite fighters, only twelve or thirteen in number, to act as a private strike team of sorts, in addition to a new title: Head of the Anti-Corruption Sect; Lead Detective. He was also granted a vehicle created by Artahka, a prototype of the Rockoh T3, with which he used to travel around the Matoran Universe at great speeds. As head of the Anti-Corruption sect, it was his job to root out corruption within the Brotherhood ranks as well as within other organizations, such as Xian weapon Manufacturers, Steltian Trade Companies, or [Tren Krom] Peninsulan States*. As Lead Detective, he would not only allocate resources, but conduct investigations in-person. On occasion, it became necessary to utilize his strike team against particularity dangerous foes or in difficult situations. His highly trained warriors, when not in use by him, were under the higher command of Makuta Antroz. With a residence on Stelt, Sidoshi was set. It was said that at his zenith, no information existed in the Matoran Universe that had not passed through the ear of Makuta Sidoshi. This, of course, was hyperbolic.

*The Anti-Corruption Sect of the Brotherhood was a body created in response to the startlingly decayed, rotten underbelly of the League of Six Kingdoms. As the Brotherhood unravelled various coup de tats, schemes, and rogue agents within the prestigious organization that was the League, the Makuta became acutely aware of the potential for the same issues within the Brotherhood itself.

Due to the nature of his duties, he would not be assigned a land to maintain by Makuta Miserix.

Sidoshi sided with Makuta Teridax at the Makuta Convocation, and adhered to his doctrine like law. He would continue in his crusade against corruption, but with his inner light vanquished, it became twisted into another beast, and eventually he worked not to root out misdeed, but those few Miserix sympathizers that still cowered in the Brotherhood’s ranks. When, 40,000 years ago, the Makuta evolved into a gaseous state, Sidoshi had his armour modified by the Nynrah Ghosts. His armour was metallic and monochrome, and operated with Hydraulics. This was in order to emphasize the Rode he wore, which acted as his symbol and by proxy the symbol of the Anti-Corruption Sect.

His last mission was to the small trading island of Kumo Nui. His objective was to find an explanation to the incident with the massive Rahi that had occurred there not long ago, and to question Makuta Aveeccious. (A Zatth-wearing Toa had unintentionally summoned a Kanohi-Dragon-sized Rahi in a fight, and the result had been catastrophic.) While Investigating Aveeccious’ underground sanctuaries, he made a startling discovery: Makuta Aveeccious had been illegally working on gigantic Rahi in secret, far beneath the surface. He made off the island to inform Makuta Teridax at once, but was stopped by Aveeccious himself. The members of his team that had followed him engaged Aveeccious’ Toa Hagah, and he engaged the Makuta, but his body was demolished and his essence disintegrated by Makuta Aveeccious in the massive fight.

Equipment
Sidoshi’s team worked under Sidoshi’s own banner; the flag they bore pictured his green Kanohi Rode atop a black background. The Kanohi Rode symbolized the justice they believed they enacted, in addition to the secret truth Sidoshi would always uncover. He regularly inspected his warriors in person, and he formed strong bonds with them.
He was also equipped with a powerful vehicle, capable of whisking him across the Matoran universe in good time. This particular vehicle was a prototype for the Rockoh T3, of which would be held in the Codrex until claimed by Toa Pohatu. After Sidoshi’s death, it would be passed down from owner to owner, before winding up in the hands of Toa Takanuva sometime after the reformation.

Personality
Sidoshi was, first and foremost, a detective. He was clever, but also subtle, and this made him an excellent interrogator. He was thoughtful, too, and was one of the only Makuta known to have bonded with his subordinates, who as a result, became very loyal. Sidoshi was the only one able to find Aveeccious’ underground chambers, and it was this critical thinking and cleverness that put him in the good graces of Teridax while they and Jormuntrax investigated the League. Teridax expressed regret that such a loyal supporter had perished so early, and it is likely that, had he remained alive, he would have been sent to Karda Nui battle the Toa Nuva.

Many historians assume, due to his crusades against injustice, that he was benevolent. This, however, is incorrect. Due to the ease with which he evolved into an instrument of destuction in the name of the Grand Plan, it can be concluded that these early crusades were simply conducted for something to do.

Quotes
“Strong leadership works amazingly well- until it doesn’t. Just ask Pridak and Miserix.”
-Sidoshi to Antroz

“I can think like a criminal, even though I am not one. I find it pertinent to know your enemy, and that is why I am so successful. I will find the truth here.

“Tread carefully, Sidoshi. You are a Sand Snipe challenging the Silver Sea- a very foolish Sand Snipe indeed. I suggest you learn to swim.”
-Aveeccious and Sidoshi

Powerset
Sidoshi was proficient in numerous Kraata powers, such as dodge, fire resistance, power scream, illusions, slow, and molecular disruption. Most of these are passive abilities, and Sidoshi fittingly used them primarily in defense. He was not experienced in combat, and thus allowed his strike team to do his dirty work for him.

His true powerset, however, was widely considered to be his mind, for he was brilliant in psychological analysis and deduction. It was this, more than any Kraata power, which brought him notoriety.

The Order of Mata Nui
In the years before the convocation, the Order of Mata Nui considered Sidoshi to be a positive influence in the Matoran Universe, and often anonymously tipped him off to instances of injustice, which, in typical Brotherhood fashion, he would crush beneath his heel. After the convocation, when his crusades against corruption became focused on the benefit of the Grand Plan instead of the general populous of the Matoran Universe, the Order distanced themselves. In the years leading up to his death, he came eerily close to uncovering the truth about the Time Slip, and the existence of the mysterious Order itself. Luckily for the Order, he was killed on Kumo Nui before this came to pass.

Makuta Aveeccious (Moc Topic)

@Gilahu, this is my second enry into your project. I hope the moc is good enough. I tried to keep more focused on the colour scheme than general complexity, and so the gunmetal Inika Shins and CCBS arms worked better for me than any other design I developed for him.

15 Likes

I’d say the body is a little long compared to everything else, but he’s a Bionicle character so while it looks strange it’s totally fine.

Story:
After reading that first sentence I already thought that Jormuntrax should probably be mentioned somewhere in there - and you did!

Again far too much for me to include in the Book of the Brotherhood, but I really enjoyed reading this. Actually I already had the idea of one Makuta’s job being rooting out corruption within the Brotherhood - Makuta Furtaan, who sided with Miserix at the Convocation and thus was killed. The title I have in mind for Furtaan would be “Judicial Vicar”. I think it might work nicely to have Sidoshi become Furtaan’s successor in that regard - only Sidoshi would expand this position to “Head of the Anti-Corruption Sect; Lead Detective”. Although I’m not sure if I will use the term “Anti-Corruption Sect”. Might just be me and I can’t really explain it, but something about this sounds wrong to me - you don’t have to change it, though, at least not yet, maybe I’ll use it after all.

So, yeah, backstory works, thanks again for participating!

3 Likes

Thank you very much! I wanted to tie more of the Brotherhood together in backstories, and Jormumtrax seemed to fit in well. I read Furrtann’s entry, and I’m assuming the “judicial vicar” idea is something you came up with, because I didn’t see it there. I like the idea, though. We can change his backstory in this project to where, after the battle against the Barraki, he continues to work under Aveeccious, similarly to how he did in the beginning, creating solutions and proposals to large issues. Then he can become somewhat of a dark counterpart to Furrtan, doing similar work with a more sinister intention. It’ll really show how the Brotherhood changed!

As for the naming of the anti corruption sect, I agree. It doesn’t sound very Bionicle. It’s somewhat of a proxy name, though I did intend to keep ‘lead detective’.

I’m glad you enjoyed reading it, I know it was pretty long! I don’t expect you to include the whole thing in the book, of course. I just wanted to give you a fleshed out character you could work with more easily when writing your entry. I’m counting on something more akin to the brief summary at the top, as it’s more the size of the entries you’ve released.

1 Like

A bit lengthy, but I like it

1 Like

Thanks! :smile:

1 Like