The Brotherhood of Makuta - Varutahk

Here is Makuta Varutahk:

With his Weapon:

Weapon Storage:

Backshot:

The MOC can combine in a G2 style:

His Weapon that is a Rhotuka launcher and totally not a gun.

Random Thing, His arms come off easily:

New Back Design:

Size Comparison with one of my Toa:
e Comparison with one of my Toa:

Name: Varutahk
Assigned Region: Scur
Kanohi: Damekrau, Great Mask Of Calculations
Abilities: Standard powers of a Makuta, Rhotuka power of Rotation which lets him rotate anything struck by the spinner up to 720° in any direction, and Mask Power of calculation that will answer any math related equation instantly as long as the wearer knows the process to solve it.
Backstory: Varutahk is the Makutas’ Mathematician. He takes care of everything mathematical, from accounting to weather prediction. His region of Scur never really mattered to him, as none of the Matoran could hold a proper conversation, and eventually he abandoned it entirely to go back to Destral. There he set up an office full of nice neat notes. On one occasion he told Miserix that the Vortixx were charging to much for goods, which led to Icarax and Mutran traveling there. His work was always in the background. As time went on however, he became increasingly paranoid about the Time Slip. It was something that he couldn’t account for in his equations, and his sense of perfection was causing him extreme amounts stress and anxiety. Searching for answers, he read through some of the books in the Library of Destral, and he formulated a plan. His time studying and planning consumed him, and he did not eat at all. Eventually running out of energy he died, and it was not noticed for weeks.

23 Likes

Nice consistency with the color scheme and texture.
Though the back is really, really weird.

1 Like

Thanks. I think it is the circles on the back right? I added them later on in the MOC’s design to cover some of the build, but looking at it, I think I’ll remove them.

1 Like

I love the idea of a mathematician.

1 Like

MOC:

I like the torso and the Krana face somehow really fits a mathematican, too. Upper legs also look good from the front, although a little sqare from behind. Red axles don’t help either.
I appreciate the custom upper arms, but this gap right in the middle kinda destroys the look.
Back of the torso with all those round shapes also looks a little out of place.

I’d say this is good enough to get accepeted, but some more work on teh upper arms and the back of the torso would be appreciated.

Backstory:

A mathematician is a good idea. I feel like his death should be a little modified, however:

It would fit better (and be something new) if he didn’t go mad and commit suicide, but simply forgot to “eat” while frantically doing his research, eventually dying from lack of energy (this would of course have to happen before the Makuta’s evolution between 40,000 and 30,000 years ago, but since the Time Slip happened 60,000 years ago it’d work, I’d say).
Maybe he even achieved his goal and forgot about everything else while analyzing all those unlocked memories.

Otherwise I’ll have to check with RSG first about the name “Varutahk” and his mask power, then I can accept this MOC. You’ll hear from me again then. Modify the backstory in the meantime.

EDIT:
Got RSG feedback:
“Varutahk” seems to be ok.
Maskpower is alright, since it’s “basically a Rau but for numbers”. It would likely work even if you didn’t know exactly how to do the math, though. New name would be “Damekrau - Great Mask of Calculations”.

3 Likes

I’m fine with all of that, although that means I would also take out the part about the Iron and Magnetism Matoran as the Makuta wouldn’t care about that before the evolution. I would also say that the first death option works better, as I feel that he would tell other Makuta about it if he did learn it.
Thanks for the criticism!

And I’m fine with the name Damekrau, although I did use Tolkiens dictionary to make my mask name, with Sha- being a modified Ja or pattern, and -drex meaning command, for anybody who wants to know.

2 Likes

“Damekrau” basically means “Understanding of Order” although if you want I can also propose “Jadarex” - “Superior command of Patterns” to the RSG people. I’m personally more a fan of Damekrau to be honest, though.

That makes sense.

My idea was that he never got the chance to tell others because he died during experiencing those newly unlocked memories.

But works either way.

Change the backstory and I’ll accept your entry.

1 Like

I agree with Damekrau.
I have updated the back and put in a size comparison as well.

1 Like

Yeah, the back looks much better now. That leaves the upper arms as the “worst” part of the MOC.

Anyway, though, MOC accepted, thanks for participating!

1 Like