The CCBS Topic

in super-annoying nasally voice
But that’s not all CCBS! Those Exo-Force arms are SYSTEM!

In all seriousness, trying to define the exact limits of all these systems is incredibly tedious. I almost would rather not bother (though I suppose that would kinda undermine the entire purpose of this topic). And That Bohrok MOC does look very good.

4 Likes

Imgur
MOC by Djokson on Flickr.
Granted this is mainly System.

Alternatively if you want to dig even farther, a MOC by @Hawkflight
http://images.mocpages.com/user_images/103747/14088242561_DISPLAY.jpg
(yes this one rolls up into a ball)

10 Likes

that Bohrok’s been working out.

4 Likes

But only in the torso
HAWKFLIGHTTTTTTTT

FIX YOUR BULK DISPERSION

4 Likes

@Hawkflight’s Bohrok looks like a sumo wrestler! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Are you contradicting yourself, or…

@Leoxandar “It’s a burly man”

I take my opinions on ccbs back

the best system is actually

looks nice

14 Likes

I agree that it is a great system and a lot can be done with it, however I won’t say it’s perfect, because it’s not. I also don’t agree that “All the designers need to do is continue adding new compatible parts” because I still feel that CCBS is not being used creatively in the sets. I get they’re on a budget but, still.

Seriously, what parts are being used in new and innovative ways? I’m not saying CCBS can’t be used creatively, but the designers are not doing so. When it’s just the same pieces being re-used it gets kind of old, which is one of the biggest problems with the Inika Build. And to quote yourself:

The same can apply to CCBS builds as well.

I can see your point here but it’s just easier to refer to the parts from G1 as a System rather than saying: “The sets from the Original BIONICLE” You can say: The G1 System. =P

And technically it all is one big system, LEGO =P (Technically, pun…get it? No?)

3 Likes

^^^^

I agree with you so much

breakout imo used it correctly

each set felt different, fun to build

Stuff like thornraxx, and toxic reapa had original builds

Even ifb had a lot of unique builds

But I will agree
It can get stale after a while

5 Likes

I like how new Bionicle sets look with CCBS, it is not that old to me, because I personally don’t have any of HF sets.
But objectively, these parts really are getting old after all these years.
What lacks to me in new Bionicle sets - maybe a new foot part, maybe one more armor add-on piece or something…

2 Likes

LOL! Pun gotten! Again, LOL!

1 Like

as far as I’m aware, to make the Inika torso look even decent you need to use one of only two chest pieces. not very adjustable at all… compare that to the countless variations of torso armor and even the torso itself, and the CCBS torso is objectively more customizable. it’s not even an opinion man. it’s fact.

none of those used the Inika build in any way, and were mostly technic. in fact, comparing 01 Bionicle to 06 or 07 is impossible. they look like two completely separate themes.

I dare you to build one out of the actual Inika build.

4 Likes

Honestly, I hate both the CCBS and Inika torsos; both are too flat and too unwieldy when used as anything else; call me a snob but I prefer fully custom torsos.

1 Like

I agree.

The only ccbs torso I like is the smallest one (the xt4 torso, or the protector torso)

1 Like

Not necessarily. I once used a Metru-Toran torso as armor on an Inika Build (Never finished the project so no pics). I also used CCBS torso armor as back armor and that worked fairly well. Point being: Inika frame is limiting but with some creativity you can do decent looking things with it.

Again, the original purpose of this topic was to discuss CCBS versus the G1 System. Although it seems to have shifted slightly =P

@ColdGoldLazarus I kind of agree. It is possible to use them both but custom torsos almost always look better.

1 Like

I don’t know. Most of the HF Breakout and IFB sets seemed pretty creative and original to me.

3 Likes

Yeah, they were really creative with IFB.
Build were interesting and complex. I even wanted to buy some sets.

3 Likes

Yeah some of the IFB sets were fairly creative. Mainly the Mechs. The Beasts look kinda meh to me.