The Elder Scrolls

I just found out (from messing with morrowind’s code) that You can beat morrowind in an hour or so if You race to the boss battle equiped with luck and a way to avoid getting killed by two notorious artifacts .

Well I know what I’m gonna do today.

2 Likes

Check out Morrowind speedruns on Youtube. I think the record is three or four minutes from start to killing Dagoth Ur.

3 Likes

I know but I was saying an hour given my skill level.

1 Like

If you could romance people in Morrowind, I’d totally romance Almalexia.

1 Like

There is code evidence that this may have been planned at some point.

Actually there is code evidence in every TES game of this being planned until it was finally (somewhat poorly) implemented in Skyrim.

1 Like

Easier steps:

1- tgm
2- Icarian Flight Scroll
3- Dagoth Ur

3 Likes

How are the console scrubs (not me I swapped to PC for mods) gonna do that?

2 Likes

If you’re gonna use tgm, you might as well use “coc dagoth ur” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’d say my main complaint for Bethesda games is the fact that they claim to be open world, but a true open world game would give you choices with different outcomes. They fail at this with both TES and Fallout, and it bugs me in certain story situations. Let’s say Obsidian made Morrowind, instead of only having the option to kill Almalexia, you’d have the option to talk it out and persuade her and possibly help restore her sanity / kill her / or perhaps make her realize what she’s become, and upon that realization she makes the decision to go into exile.

If you’re going to use both of those, might as well use “sethealth 0” :wink:

2 Likes

This is kind of why FNV remains one of my favorite FO games.

It doesn’t have an emotional story but the choices you make have a huge effect on the game.

I seriously hope something similar happens in TES VI but I expect it to be another case of boring main quest/great side quest.

2 Likes

My current dude, a Breton:

He’s only at level 4, RIP

I made a custom class that focuses on magic, but also encourages the use of armor and swords.

Once he gits gud, he’s gonna rise through the ranks of House Telvanni.

My first character was insanely OP, but I don’t think I can access that save file anymore, alas.

2 Likes

I have skyrim, but my pc can barely run it

1 Like

Ooh I’ll post a few of mine.

Heres the one from Morrowy:

I know there isn’t a logical reason but I use medium armor.

(sadly there isn’t many good medium shields so I’m just using a Redoran shield)

Heres the one from Obli:

I know that looks like basic leather armor but it’s actually the Morag Tong armor with a DB hood.

He’s using a Daedric Bow with several enchants named “The Periphery of Fate”.
The arrows are “Arrows of Immolation” basically Glass arrows with a very powerful fire effect.

Heres my Skyro character:

The outfit looks real fancy and Moddy but it’s basically just retextured mage robes.

The barely visible sword is this.

3 Likes

Aw men, i wish i could share my char, sadly the computer died, and so did my Skyrim days ;-;

3 Likes

I don’t have any picture of my characters from previous saves, sadly. I remember an experimental Skyrim save where I basically took the Ebony mail and combined it with heavy ebony armor and played as a lore friendly Batman.

I really wish that every time you killed someone in an TES game a kill move animation would play, rather than having it play rarely at random. It just makes it so much more immersive/enjoyable when you see your character breaking someone’s back or something to land the final blow.

2 Likes

Theres a mod or two for that.

I can probably find it around somewhere.

Edit: they all seem to improve the chances but not guarantee it.

1 Like

Also, out of curiosity, what are your favorite Elder Scrolls soundtracks?

Mines are Imperial Throne from Skyrim, and Silt Sunrise from Morrowind.

2 Likes

I love The Road Most Traveled and Caprice from Morrowind, Wings of Kynareth and Harvest Dawn from Oblivion, and Far Horizons and Wind Guide You from Skyrim, limiting myself to two per game and excluding the main themes. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes