The Legend of the BIONICLE: Celebrating 20 years of Lego stories

That’s good news! Although it’s only an opinion

1 Like

Oh that’s awesome! I hadn’t watched the video yet, because I thought it will only be about the following review, but it’s super nice what he said!
Yeah it’s only his opinion, but I’m very happy he likes my project

6 Likes

I think this is great! I hope it makes it through to being released

3 Likes

Thank you! Let’s hope it does

2 Likes

The month of May is over, that means the results should be out pretty soon.

1 Like

Hopefully. We also have to keep in mind that the whole pandemic/social distancing situation might have delayed key points of the process, so it might be another month or so. It’s hard to say.

2 Likes

The 3rd 2019 review period started before the whole COVID-19 situation was even a thing, so I don’t think this review stage was affected by it. Maybe the next review periods, but not this one.

3 Likes

We’ve been patient for so long. Hopefully we’ll be able to hold out even more patience…

1 Like

LEGO finally announced that the results will come out tomorrow!

5 Likes

We’re closer to the truth now…

it’s also on the Lego ideas Blog:

16 Likes

My heart is racing…in just some hours, we’ll finally get an answer to this question that’s been plaguing us for many a month. Will Lego approve Sokoda’s project and give us Bionicle fans the Ideas set we want? Will they honor the 20th anniversary of the theme that saved them from bankruptcy?

My nerves are really amounting. The Bionicle set has some serious competition with Seinfeld and Zelda, two very popular franchises. I’m not a fan of either, but they still have large demographics. I really want the Bionicle project to get approved, but I know I could very well be let down.

I’m trying to keep my feelings in perspective, but it’s hard not to get excited. If the Bionicle project wins, then it’ll be a huge victory for the Bionicle fandom. If not…then, well, the fans of whatever other project gets picked will be happy. I can’t fault them for that.

4 Likes

This is the set that the 20th anniversary of Bionicle deserves.

If it gets approved, I’m buying in triplicate.

May the Great Spirit be with us!

6 Likes

Seriously should have made this joke way earlier, but I didn’t think of it till now.

Well gentlemen. This is it. Eight long months of hype, ambition, dedication, and anticipation, this is it. Tomorrow, it all comes to an end.

Win or lose, this has been one incredible journey. May Mata Nui smile upon us in his favor.

10 Likes

Thanks for all the kind words, I can’t describe how much it means

11 Likes

Best wishes for the set, Sokoda!

There’s definitely some very tough competition it’s up against, but it is still crazy exciting to see a Bionicle set, in 2020, listed on Lego Ideas next to such popular brands. No matter what happens, this is a huge success for the community, I think.

11 Likes

The moment of truth, huh? I can’t say I’m not nervous, and fervently second-guessing our chances, especially when much louder voices cry out through the comments of that very post. Do we stand a chance? Did we ever? I guess it’s the nerves talking more than anything.

2 Likes

15 more minutes! Good luck!

edit: 5 mins…

Are we sure?

4 pm CET June 23rd is what they said on the blog post.

2 Likes

Huh. So it does. I thought the giveaway was separate honestly, I only skimmed that part.