The Legend of the BIONICLE: Celebrating 20 years of Lego stories

Well the results are out soooo.

2 Likes

Are they? I was refreshing the site, where?

1 Like

That’s it.

There’s another boring Sitcom I never heard about replacing the remarkable Bionicle anniversary. They should have something to say about this…

8 Likes

The link I posted.

2 Likes

I’m fine with Seinfeld, it’s the typewriter I’m mad about.

2 Likes

Huh. It’s the opposite for me.

5 Likes

Why the heck are they spamming Sitcom sets upon us?

8 Likes

That big of a Home Alone set? Yeesh. I would’ve definitely thought Ratatouille had more of a chance over that.

9 Likes

Yeah, I’m reaaallly puzzled by their choices. If not this one, then at least the Winter Chalet and Ratatouille to replace Home Alone and the Seinfeld. Personally really disappointed with this batch. So many other great options that could have been capitalized upon and that I would have loved to own.

7 Likes

This is just unbelievable. Not that Bionicle didn’t win, but that out of all of them, they chose the three I saw no-one talking about. The debate was Zelda, Ratatouille, or Bionicle; which one would get through? None, apparently.

Everyone was saying how big and expensive the Home Alone house would be, how unrealistic it would be to choose it.

The typewriter is based around an illegal technique and will sell exceptionally poorly.

And then there’s the Seinfeld one, which I and many others have no interest in.

This was a huge disappointment.

9 Likes

Zelda is probably already in the works behind the scenes. Ratatouille is a shock though.

8 Likes

At least Zelda has a chance with the second project that got to 10k.

7 Likes

In descending order, I was basically thinking:
Ratatouille
Seinfeld (a super tired cliche at this point, but it’s clear that these things sell, so Lego keeps doing them)
Typewriter
Aquarium
maybe Bionicle

I didn’t hear about that illegal technique though, so the typewriter is definitely… yeah

7 Likes

Just look at the typewriter’s typebars. They’re connected using that technique where the parts are bent at slight angles.

6 Likes

Huh, there ya go.

2 Likes

Yeah, but the guy who designed it was on Lego Masters, so he gets free pass.

7 Likes

To be fair, there’s every possibility that Lego will tweak the set to get rid of that technique and replace it with something else before the set comes out. So who knows?

7 Likes

I will be interested to see how they rework this to make it legal though.

Not to mention that the typewriter is missing keys. (Space, tab, ■■■■■)

7 Likes

So, the Bonk set becomes the second-fastest project to reach 10k, and we get…a crappy diorama for a sitcom that’s not relevant anymore and a typewriter that uses illegal techniques…why? I’d understand if we lost to the Planet Express ship or the Zelda thing, but how the hell is THIS worth releasing over an almost record-setting submission?

9 Likes

Yeah, I’m super surprised and disappointed.

4 Likes