The Mask Of Ultimate Power Is Evil (Discussion)

What if Makuta isn’t good or evil just human( or a okotion or something). He was just driven to jealousy a natural human trait. I mean he wants the Okotions to respect/care about him while they all praise Ekimu like Oprah compared to him.

That is the basis of the character. He was driven by jealousy, not because he was inherently evil. It was the MoUP that really made him bad.

4 Likes

Is he still bad though, since hes basically dead with ekimmu is what I want to know.

Well, he’s not dead. We know that because he’s slated to be the big villain behind all the carnage. What we don’t know is how he’ll come back. We must wait for the books I daresay.

3 Likes

Indeed, I just hope we get a set of makuta and ekimmu in they’re original forms cause those are pretty {Insert Term Here that represents something cool said in a cheesy way}

Well we are definitely getting Ekimu in his original form in the Summer, we will also likely get Makuta at some point in 2016 if I had to guess. Though I’m not sure if we will get Makuta in his original form.

Also, Makuta and Ekimu are only asleep OR in a plot coma. The press release mentioned Ekimu’s re-awakening.

6 Likes

wernt makuta evil before

i hope we get makuta in a titan form

At least if we get a redeemed-Makuta storywise; that might be a good precedent for original form Makuta. (Rather I should say, a original for Makuta would probably increase the chances of Makuta being ‘redeemed’ astronomically.)

I mean I reckon a MoUP-possessing-Makuta Titan set would be kinda likely for 2016, then giving us a small original Makuta in 2017 could make for a nice flow…

Out of Curiosity; does anyone not want to see the Mask of Control, or more purple pieces, (or a different hammer)?

1 Like

Not sure which way round it will be, but we’ll probably get the Mask Of Control in 2016 and the Mask Of Ultimate Power in 2017.

2 Likes

facepams yes that would make much more sense >,>
I think my brain took a break… er I suppose it’s very unlikely that the MoUP would go body surfing so we get “redeemed” Makuta in 2016 & MoUP (Titan) in 2017… So uh yeah…
Welp, I still hope to see an original-form Makuta.

1 Like

@Azazel

We’ll probably get the titan form of Makuta at some point. The smaller version I’m not sure about, but it may be included in a set in 2016, though not sure how that would work in story form. Maybe he shrunk to his small size again after the MoUP was removed? Not sure…

We’ll definitely get the Mask Of Creation and Mask Of Ultimate Power though, so we’ll get at least one version of Makuta, most likely in his titan form.

2 Likes

This years story reminds me of this:

4 Likes

I have a feeling that the MoUP will be evil, but at the same time…
I don’t really want it to be.

Rather, I’d like it if the MoUp is something that can cause mass destruction of some sort and must be destroyed, yet has sentience and doesn’t want to die or fight the Toa.

It’s a ticking time bomb of sorts that doesn’t know what to do with itself.

1 Like

People want Makuta to stay evil but MoUP not…meh no thinkz its making sensy.

From a story perspective or what the Bionicle team would do perspective?

Having the MoUP being the big bad and having Makuta turn good is a bit predictable now.

Really, cause Makuta being evil is exactly the most predictable thing they can do since it already been done and the current story shadows upon. We need an antagonist Makuta, but not a villain.

1 Like

When I say predictable, I’m talking about how ‘the brother turns evil but then becomes good again for some reason’ that Ninjago used.

I wouldn’t mind Makuta doing a Zuko i.e ‘starts as a bad guy, becomes good for a short amount of time, then struggles to become good again and prove he won’t do anymore harm’.

No. Makuta was a good guy with flawed ideals and because of the giant mess he made, he doesnt survive at the end because he does a giant act of redemption to stop the same incarnation of evil which haunted him for so very long, and that is the Mask of Ultimate Power.

Wah? How do you know that?

Its a discussion, we can put theories as well. But the theory of a Always Evil Makuta is just “been there done that” when in terms of Bionicle.