The Official MNOG 1.5: The Bohrok Swarms Topic

Hello TTV fans! Welcome to the official topic to discuss, ask questions, and enjoy the fan-made game MNOG, The Bohrok Swarms.! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

FAQ

What is this game? MNOG: The Bohrok Swarms is a fan-made sequel to the popular BIONICLE game Mata Nui Online Game (MNOG for short) MNOG is an online game where you play as Takua, exploring the island of Mata-Nui or somethin. MNOG: TBS is the fan sequel to this amazin game, which follows everyoneā€™s favorite village idiot takua once again as he survives the 2002 Bohrok Saga. If youā€™ve played MNOG youā€™ll know exactlly how to play, if not, take a hint from Meso and play it :slight_smile:

Who works on this game? Right now, we have 2 game developers. Myself, Indigogeek, and Nuparu77. Weā€™ve had a couple people make scenes for us in the past, but for the most part itā€™s us. Of course we also get a lot of help from the fans, with suggestions, etc.

Is the game finished? NO! The game is NOT finished yet. We have completed 1 chapter, and are now 75% done with chapter 2. The reason chapter 2 has taken so long (I apologize for the wait) is because weā€™ve been trying to add out own battle mini-game, so you can command matoran armies to defeat the swarm. It should be playable and testable in a couple weeks, and from there we estimate to be pumping out chapters every 1/2 months. We plan on having 7-9 chapters total.

Will you be including the Kal Saga? This one is a question I honestly donā€™t know right now. On one side, it could be tons of fun, and would bridge the gap on the animations. Also, it really wouldnā€™t be too long. That saga is essentially a chase scene, and it would probably be the Nuva, Jaller, and Takua, running around fighting them with a big battle at the end. On the other hand, It will take time, and the ending might not be as good as the ending we have planned for the bohrok saga. Who knows? we might just have a sort of DLC or something :sweat_smile:

Wait! Indigo! Jaller/Hewkii/Macku/Pewkuā€™s name is wrong! It shouldnā€™t be Jala/Huki/Maku/Puku! You fool! Yea, yea, I know. Donā€™t put your mask of de-canonization on YET. In some parts you might catch the name error, cause honestly iā€™m in the middle right now. ā€œshould we stay original to MNOG and keep it old? or should we keep it canon?ā€ Iā€™m not sure right now. (And btw, speaking canon, itā€™s time for HewkixMacku to rise once again :wink:)

Indigo, youā€™re the best ever. This is obviously A question I get a lot. The answer is I know, and I always will be.

Links

Download of the latest version: Bohrok Swarms (2.1.1)

Gameā€™s Issue List: MNOLG Issue List - Google Sheets

Playthrough of the Game (courtesy of SuddenlyOranges):
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC2Pm7_iUhA&list=UUdhdQJ-CuH89h3QjeGcvnCw
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUDY_WwQqcU
(Note, he only did Chapter 2 (or what weā€™ve completed of chapter 2) but heā€™s a great guy, and I thought he deserved some spotlight :smiley:

Story-based walkthrough of game:

BZP discussion MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms - Fan Created Media - BZPower

(Note, post here/message me if you have questions/suggestions)

16 Likes

The Matoran and Pewkuā€™s names were canonically changed /after/ the Bohrok Saga. As such, they should likely all be the old spelling.

'Cause Naming Day.

Mm, thats how I feel too, but thatā€™s a little known fact, and I do get questions about it, iā€™ve argued with myself sooo much about it :slight_smile:

Thanks for putting up the topic :smiley:

@Indigogeek1 A couple things the music in the snow boarding mini game i great and the way matoro intentionally makes a avalanche is epic

Love the way that you show that Le-Koro is all laid back so the Bohrok got them all controled.

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œGreencapps, post:4, topic:844ā€]
Love the way that you show that Le-Koro is all laid back so the Bohrok got them all controled.
[/quote] yea, I never thought that the same foolish Matau that was a toa was ALL matured by the time he was a turaga :stuck_out_tongue: and thought this was a great way of showing that

Could we avoid spoilers please?

srry ill try

I made this topic specifically for discussion of the game, if you want to avoid ā€œspoilersā€ (the story has been around for almost 14 years, weā€™re just adapting it :p) iā€™d stay out of the topic until you play what weā€™ve accomplished. It wouldnā€™t take long, and it could keep this topic, so we can actually talk about the game, thatā€™s what itā€™s here for :slight_smile:

Alright, some of you may have seen this already, but iā€™m moving it here for officialness. This is a map Iā€™ve made showing ALL possible routes in MNOG, excluding the scenes within Koros, if you know what I mean. Heres a bit of info, cause itā€™s kinda hard to read.

Small, black dots represent above-ground routes
Small, brown dots represent underground routes
The large colored dots represent koros/kini nui Ko=light blue, Ta=red, Ga=blue, Le=green, Onu=black, Po=brown, and Kini=yellow.
I have a couple medium sized dots on there as well, colors being pink, red, brown, grey, light blue, which represent (respectively) the telescope, the lightstone mine, the quarry/jaga nest, the great mine, and the drifts.

This was made, so we can give some routes between other areas, like one obvious gap I see is a one way between Ta-koro and Le-koro via the jungle. We want MNOG: 1.5 to feel like exploring the island again.

2 Likes

Cant get past that STUPID GEAR PUZZLE!!!

Look at the walkthrough, it should help :stuck_out_tongue: If it really doesnā€™t, hereā€™s a hint! You probably need one more gear

i know i figured that out

Hey guys! Friend of Fire got back to me, and the walkthroughs for Chap 1 and whatā€™s done for Chap 2 are complete and ready to view! Here they are! ( Iā€™ll also add them to the main post)

I left comments open too, so ya have fun with that

I just want to say I appreciate you making this topic and up dating it. keep up the good work.

Woah, I remember this, I played CH. 1 eons ago and loved it! Seriously, keep up the good work, bro.

I just finished playing through chapter 1 today and it was quite good, very enjoyable.

Not sure which version youā€™re using, but 3/4 of chapter 2 IS in the download! Tell me what ya think! chapter 1 is more of a recap, 2 is where the story gets moving.

Iā€™m playing it on BMP, so Iā€™ll see how far I can get.

I really loved the snowboarding mini game in Ko-Wahi.

Yea! The snowboarding bit is great. Weā€™ve been working on a battle mini game where you control your own matoran army, but itā€™s been VERY difficult to program, hence the delay. So look forward to that!

I also did a play-through of the game. I donā€™t know if this is extremely helpful but It does include both chapter 1 and chapter 2.

MNOLG 1.5 playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ8GaWxr7pM&list=PLwRLSwQhRl2qTP6g5SEzmLsMFf2AFBB2O

Sorry If I havenā€™t cited you guys properly in the video, I was going off the information the Biomeda Project gave me, which is where I originally found this game.

1 Like