The Star Wars Battlefront Topic

Since battlefront two was announced here’s what I want from the next installment

1. A single player campaign, after seeing what could be done with titanfall 2 I can only imagine what could be done with the Star Wars license, plus I doubt after the criticism dice and ea received for not including one we won’t be doing anything.

2. CLONE WARS!!! The clone wars is probably my favorite era in the Star Wars saga, movies aside, imagine what could be done for customization with the clones. Plus maybe throw in some mandalorians.

3. A much wider variety of vehicles. Battlefront was severely lacking in vehicles. The only new vehicle we have gotten has been the U-wing and the ability to drive that is random. I love the X-wings but I can only drive that so much before getting bored. This universe has so many cool different vehicles to pull from like possibly some multiperson and ground vehicles

4. More heroes. Here are some heroes I can think of: Obi-wan, Yoda, Darth Maul, Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren, Chirrut, Baze, Cassian and K-2SO. Plus they could bring over all the heroes from the original game.(I could do without Greedo and Nien Numb)

5. More larger scale game modes. Battlefront is best in the massive modes like walker assault and turning point, it would be great if they added in something like conquest in battlefield.

That’s my personal list of what I want from battlefront 2 not all of these are required for me to like it but it would be awesome if they added at least some of these features in

Wish granted. DICE and EA confirmed awhile ago that there will be a campaign to II.

Heck yes. I want this too.

*Mandalorians

Yes. Walker Assault is fantastic, but I would love some classic conquest.

“We’re capturing a command post!”
“That command post is now under our control!”
“We’re losing a command post! Take it back!”

4 Likes

instant nostalgia

(I even read those with the original accents and intonations).

The BF in-game dialogue is so nostalgic for me. I was only able to find a few compilations online:

6 Likes

We’ll probably see a trailer for battlefront two around celebration Orlando this year

2 Likes

Same. I flipped my lid when Corey Burton did his stuck-up Imperial officer voice he used in BFII in a recent episode of Rebels. [quote=“Kivax8, post:697, topic:5579”]
battlefront two around celebration Orlando this year
[/quote]

Most likely. More reasons to love Celebration!

2 Likes

Wait, the Corey Burton did the Imp Officer in BFII? And he did it again in Rebels!? Whoa! Do you have a link to that scene from the episode?

Yeah I’m super hyped for celebration this year. My dad and I may actually be going.

1 Like

Sorry, I haven’t been able to find a clip.

That’s awesome!

2 Likes

I just hope Battlefront EA 2 is better than this thing

2 Likes

“tHEY’VE CAPTURED A C O M M A N D P O S T”

2 Likes

Take it back!

Man I loved those games. It’ll be so good to hear Dee Baker playing the clones if we do end up getting the Clone War era in DICE’s BFII.

3 Likes

I would love this as well since he has been invaluable in making the clones so awesome, but considering DICE got Temuera Morrison to say like 15 lines as Boba, he’ll probably be all the clones in BFEAII if they put Clone Wars in.

1 Like

Good point. I have nothing against Temura Morrison, but I really hope he can match Dee’s level of personality and energy if he actually does the clones.

1 Like

I think he can. When he did Boss in Republic Commando, he sounds completely different from Commander Cody in Revenge of the Sith, besides the same voice. Boss is much more gruff while Cody is lighter and even jokes with Obi-Wan. He hasn’t been given much opportunity to do what Dee has done, but I bet he would.

I’m not sure whether he really likes the part and is always happy to come back (like in BFEA), or if it’s just another pay check to him. That’s probably going to be the key in his performance.

1 Like

My concern is less with his vocal range and more with the amount of information he can convey. In Republic Commando/Battlefront/the Prequels Morrison sounded fairly monotone and didn’t speak with a whole lot of emotion and interest (though that may have been intentional). This contrasts greatly with the clones of TCW who are a lot more expressive.

That being said, I don’t want to write off Temura Morrison. I honestly haven’t seen him in anything non-SW. He’s in Disney’s new Moana movie; I’d be interesting to see how he performs in that. Hopefully he can prove himself to be a capable actor that will do the clones justice.

I’m looking forward to the Rogue One Scarif DLC coming out this week. A good way to level up is to play droid run and capture as many droids as possible. Also, I play PS4, and I’m Nekrodog. Rank 77.

2 Likes

We have a TTV PSN Community, if you’re interested. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, thanks for catching this before I did, Timmy.

That’s awesome! We have gamenights every so often, and with the upcoming DLC, Battlefront is probably our most likely contender for our next one. We don’t really play competitively and spend the majority of the time talking whilst sorta/kinda paying attention to the game, but we always welcome more people to join us.

3 Likes

Although battlefront 2 is looking good I’m still way more hyped for what visceral and respawn are doing

I want space battles, like the kind from og bf2
I should play bf2 again, I used to be really good at it.
Galactic conquest was really fun