###Took some time, but here are the individual Toa:
##LEWA

Poof! (what sword?)
##ONUA
##POHATU
##GALI
##TAHU
##KOPAKA
(As if they needed to have the names xD)

35 Likes

######Where’s Lewa’s axe…?

2 Likes

The individual pics look amazing. My favourite is kopaka. Nice work :+1:

1 Like

These are literally the coolest things I have all month. You designs are my new favourites. I kind of want to steal them.

1 Like

Swords are cooler. :stuck_out_tongue:

<3

These are sooo good, LOL.

We already have 2 guys with swords. One more is just redundancy from a design perspective.

Also, where is Gali’s weapon?

1 Like

These are great! I love the swords, but having some more diverse weapons would probably be for the best.

Yeah, there were too many swords, so I added a variant of Lewa with an axe
(the one with the sword is still there though :wink: )

Thanks for the feedback!

@SirKeksalot there’s the water =P
I didn’t felt a weapon was necessary for the picture, since I wanted her to be controlling the water

7 Likes

These look fantastic as always. Great work!

1 Like

these are freakin’ awesome

This is really cool!
I have a question, what is the tan looking thing around Lewa’s neck?

Probably where his cape ties together so it doesn’t just fall off.

1 Like

She would probably just have flippers or mini turbines on the bottoms of her feet imo, the lack of an actual offensive weapon goes with her peacekeeping and resourceful personality- her hooks in 01 were used more for climbing than combat.

2 Likes

At the risk of going off-topic, in the pitch I’m working on for G3, the Ga-Matoran focus on martial arts as their primary means of self-defense. If Gali follows the trend as a Toa, then it’d make sense for her to not rely primarily on offensive weaponry as the other Toa do. So yeah, I’d be for this idea.

However, I do think she should still have some version of her hooks - perhaps in the form of Japanese kama to go with the martial arts motif.

4 Likes

I really love these designs. They look incredible! Lewa is by far my favorite out of them, you worked with the white very nicely.

3 Likes

[quote=“Jakura_Nuva, post:47, topic:34477, full:true”]I think she should still have some version of her hooks, though - perhaps in the form of Japanese kama to go with the martial arts motif.
[/quote]

And here’s why that’s a good idea: marketing. Giving each Toa a signature weapon makes sense from the perspective of appealing to kids. Just saying “she hits people” won’t really grab as much attention as “she hooks people.” I’ve long thought it’d be cool if the hooks were on chains, so she could grab people like Scorpion and pull them to her.

5 Likes

I actually wholeheartedly agree.

3 Likes

Not if I agree with you first! Let us engage in fisticuffs!

6 Likes

I don’t know where you found that picture, but it is beautiful.

2 Likes