Toa Team "Album Pics"

These look fantastic as always. Great work!

1 Like

these are freakin’ awesome

This is really cool!
I have a question, what is the tan looking thing around Lewa’s neck?

Probably where his cape ties together so it doesn’t just fall off.

1 Like

She would probably just have flippers or mini turbines on the bottoms of her feet imo, the lack of an actual offensive weapon goes with her peacekeeping and resourceful personality- her hooks in 01 were used more for climbing than combat.

2 Likes

At the risk of going off-topic, in the pitch I’m working on for G3, the Ga-Matoran focus on martial arts as their primary means of self-defense. If Gali follows the trend as a Toa, then it’d make sense for her to not rely primarily on offensive weaponry as the other Toa do. So yeah, I’d be for this idea.

However, I do think she should still have some version of her hooks - perhaps in the form of Japanese kama to go with the martial arts motif.

4 Likes

I really love these designs. They look incredible! Lewa is by far my favorite out of them, you worked with the white very nicely.

3 Likes

[quote=“Jakura_Nuva, post:47, topic:34477, full:true”]I think she should still have some version of her hooks, though - perhaps in the form of Japanese kama to go with the martial arts motif.
[/quote]

And here’s why that’s a good idea: marketing. Giving each Toa a signature weapon makes sense from the perspective of appealing to kids. Just saying “she hits people” won’t really grab as much attention as “she hooks people.” I’ve long thought it’d be cool if the hooks were on chains, so she could grab people like Scorpion and pull them to her.

5 Likes

I actually wholeheartedly agree.

3 Likes

Not if I agree with you first! Let us engage in fisticuffs!

6 Likes

I don’t know where you found that picture, but it is beautiful.

2 Likes

It’s from KYM. The original page uses obscenities, so I can’t link it, sadly.

?

PM me?

KnowYourMeme. It’s a website dedicated to cataloging internet phenomena.

Gotcha

Ok, thanks for replying.:slight_smile:
It makes a lot more sense now.

2 Likes

It would be hard to do hooks on a minifigure scale - it would probably look like an extremely curved sword, like so

6 Likes

They could be more like kamas.

1 Like

Those are so cool! The style you use is awesome. [quote=“Jakura_Nuva, post:47, topic:34477”]
some version of her hooks -
[/quote] There is an existing khopesh piece:

Does that work for what you had in mind?

2 Likes

Not curved enough for me, personally. I like the design I linked above the most out of all possible designs I’ve seen.

1 Like