Transformers: Beast Wars

I can see how that draws people away. I don’t blame you to be honest. Better off watching newer better animated shows in some aspects.

Now, if Beast Wars had a remaster with better animation, I’d probably watch it.

2 Likes

I want that now. Maybe this time 1 guy won’t voice half the cast. Sounds amazing but it probably wont happen.

1 Like

I’d argue it just takes some getting used to, but… eh, that’s fair.

Now that would be fantastic!

4 Likes

If it’s any consolation, recently I’ve been reading up stuff on the TF wiki on Beast Wars. Seeing the screenshots there doesn’t really sway my opinion on how it looks but at least I’m getting knowledge of the show.

2 Likes

Say what y’all will about the dated CGI, but knowing the time the show was made in and how expensive CGI was and still is, the fact Mainframe Entertainment were able to pull off shows like Beast Wars, Reboot and Shadow Raiders in the 90’s with much more restrictive budgets and primitive but then advanced and highly expensive rendering equipment is a specatular feat in animation history that deserves more kudos than they get.

Plus all those shows were great. Even some of their later CG shows in the 2000’s like their Hot Wheels movies and CG Spiderman cartoon aren’t anything to scoff at either for their time

Also RIP Dinobot

1 Like

Beast wars > energon > dirt > prime

4 Likes

i am the 44th president of the united states of america and i approve of this message

1 Like

Thank you Donald Glover

beast wars more like BEST wars

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POSTING - BAD MONSTERS

1 Like

After watching beast wars, my opinion on the animation remains the same. It looks terrible.

But… I must say the writing in parts of season 1 and then season 2 and onward is great. Season 1 is by far the weakest with some of the filler however.

Also RIP Dinobot he was my favorite character.

2 Likes

It’s my absolute favorite series, and I wouldn’t change the animation for anything ahahah

It looks bad but I just love it so

1 Like

I would certainly change some of the writing in the first season, myself. The episode where Rhinox gets infected with a virus and the beans… Probably the worst piece of transformer media I’ve ever watched.

Thankfully season 2 and 3 really makes up for the shortcomings of the first season. Those seasons feel like a proper sequel to the original Transformers. Also, I love the additions to the lore in the series.

Ok I can’t really disagree there. I suppose if I’d change anything it would only be the pacing- with the benefit of hindsight. A lot of wasted/redundant characters too but I DO love canon fodder…

Beast Machines > dirt > prime

Edited for Double Post- Prentice1215

2 Likes

Beast Wars is probably the best Transformers cartoon, despite the dated CGI. But yeah, the first season is pretty rocky. The series didn’t really get good until toward the end of Season 1.

The sequel, Beast Machines, is… well, not really that good. It had a lot of work put into it, had interesting concepts… but the problem is it’s a sequel to Beast Wars written by a completely different writing staff. I feel like a lot of the problems could have been fixed if they set it in the same universe but starred new characters.

Anyway, there are some rumors going around about a possible live-action Beast Wars movie, If true… can’t say I’m excited.

eat slag, predacon

the beast wars movie will be a reality and it will be the best movie of the whole franchise

it will be the catalyst for 30+ years of beastformer toys and a new beast wars cartoon

1 Like