Transformers Live-Action Movies

yee, the rest of the movie is abysmal though, only one I dislike more is AoE

2 Likes

I quite enjoyed AOE, to be honest. While it’s nowhere near as good as the first movie and DOTM, I found Lockdown to be an interesting character with a lot of potential and the Dinobots stole the show with every scene they were in (it still sucks that they only showed up near the end). I can certainly see why you and others dislike it though.

3 Likes

I liked Lockdown, not as much as his Animated self by any means at all, but I thought he was cool, didn’t think he had to die though

Dinobots I had no attachment to, they were in the movie for like 10 minutes and didn’t even talk

also one of my problems with Optimus’s fight with Grimlock, he went down after one punch, that’s pathetic

2 Likes

I completely agree. That fight should have gone on for much longer and Grimlock probably would’ve won on his size alone. Then maybe he’d sympathize with Optimus and decide to help him anyway.

As for Lockdown, I don’t think we can rule out the possibility of his return.

2 Likes

yeah, I really feel like Grimlock should have won

like, say if it was FOC Grimlock and Optimus? Grimlock would win no questions asked

2 Likes

Definitely. I guess they just needed to speed things up so that the movie wouldn’t be too long (it’s already almost 3 hours).

2 Likes

oh god that’s another thing, the movie is unbearably long and has like 4 plots going on at once

-you’ve got Lockdown and the government hunting the transformers
-the Inventor making his own transformers
-Galvatron rising to bring back the decepticons
-The idiotic story with Cade and his daughter, which honestly, I think could have been really compelling if done right, but obviously, it really wasn’t

I’m pretty sure there was more just I can’t think of it right now

honestly, I feel you could have just gone with the government hunting the transformers and the human story done right to make a more streamlined movie

2 Likes

I would have preferred they just skipped the human subplot, and use the extra time for either Galvatron or Lockdown.

3 Likes

yee, or at the very least (this is honestly my complaint with all the movies) STOP MAKING THE HUMANS THE MAIN CHARACTERS

the movies are called “Transformers” not “Generic human and his amazing transforming friends”

the humans can have subplots, but they have to be secondary to the giant transforming bots, not the other way around

5 Likes

I actually didn’t mind Sam Witwicky for the first two movies. It was only in Dark of the Moon that he became really annoying. After two movies of wanting nothing to do with the Cybertronians, he suddenly wants to be with the Autobots and thinks that the world should give him everything he wants for helping them save the planet. His character did a complete 180. I don’t mind Cade much, but the other two new humans are pretty annoying.

I do agree that more focus needs to be put on the Transformers. It actually sounds like that’s already happening. Bumblebee’s gonna get his own movie in a few years; and while it is more of a marketing ploy by Hasbro than anything else, they have said that 'Bee will be the star of the film, not a human.

4 Likes

Ah, yes, because Bumblebee clearly has the most interesting backstory and riveting character development of any Cybertronian to be shown in any universe.

Honestly, why is Bumblebee pushed so hard? The toys shelfwarm like hell, so people clearly aren’t interested in him, and they’ve exhausted anything interesting they can do with him in the Aligned Continuity.

5 Likes

Perhaps the Bumblebee movie was a bad example. The Last Knight also looks like it could be focused heavily on the Cybertronians, and Optimus Prime specificaly, as the title is a direct reference to him (Prime was the last Knight Lockdown needed for his collection).

1 Like

faction or species?

Species. My bad.

Honestly, the only character i could see having a good solo movie currently is jetfire, since what they set up in ROTF could be interesting to see, as well as getting a view into how decepticons work.
And the cybertron prequel i still have hope for.

3 Likes

Yes! I hope they base the story of Transformers One off of the IDW prequels (however much of it is still canon). They shed light upon many things that the films glossed over, like Optimus and Megatron’s history and the Primes.

2 Likes

I’m honestly not interested in The Last Knight, I don’t see how it will be better.

2 Likes

If it’s a prequel, then maybe it’ll lack humans, which will make it better, in my opinion.

If it’s not, then there will be humans and it will suck :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

There are humans. Mark Wahlberg’s coming back, and the plot is confirmed to tie into to some Arthurian/medieval legend, which means they’re taking the live-action TF monstrosity all the way back to the Middle Ages! :expressionless:

3 Likes

G1 did it. At least they’re respecting the source material. /s

3 Likes