Transformers: Salvation Signup and OOC Discussion Topic

@BlackBeltGamer98 @MichaelBT-7474 @meepinater @ProfSrlojohn @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister

I might have asked this before, but what would you say your characters are most afraid of? Or, what is their deepest regret, if they have any?

This totally will not be relevant in the future or anything. I am asking purely out of curiosity.

4 Likes

Zepar fears failing to keep himself in control and losing himself to the influence of the Dark Energon, tamed and weakened as it is, flowing in his veins. The worst case scenario of it somehow still having a connection to Unicron lingers in the back of his mind like a looming presence when walking alone down a dark street.

Epsilonā€¦Iā€™d have to say his biggest regret is having a gun for a hand and not being able to have it any other form or configuration.

Garandā€¦Heā€™s too early in his development as a character to have any major fears or regrets I can think of. Sorry.

1 Like

For Juliana, itā€™s her social anxiety. She doesn3like to get close to people very much.

For GC itā€™s failure. Failing a mission, failing to rescue or save someone, failing to do his duty. Heā€™s still haunted by his failure in saving his crew.

For Laslowā€¦ being found out heā€™s a fraud? His cool guy persona is covering a much geekier persona underneath. (Seen when talking to Salvo) he doesnā€™t want people to know of those tendacies.

1 Like

suddenly exists
not having Actaeon pursue any of his possible ships, thatā€™s my only regret
suddenly disappears

in all serious, even tho my characters for all intents and purposes are out of the game, might as well share that about them.

Driftburn/Scrapshot: their fear was losing themself, and who they are, their biggest regret was not helping their brother.

Daria: she feared losing Deus, like she lost her old friend, her biggest regret not stopping that friend from going on that dangerous mission, she feels guild thinking that she could have stopped his death.

Actaeon: he feared knowledge, knowledge that what he worked for that the faction he worked for was somehow ultimately wrong. As for his regret, I honestly donā€™t think I built the character enough for me to know that. I donā€™t think I explored his character that much, beside his more less battle strategy. My favorite moment with him being during the undead fight in the hangar, and his proposal of a plan to the captains, Iā€™m sure he has many regrets, but his regrets would really only be how efficient can he make his plans, rather than anything too personal.

1 Like

'Aight. I might give yeah that.

Scorchlock: He is a Wrecker so I donā€™t think he qualifies as someone who has fear. He wonā€™t run with his tailpipe in between his legs if the odds are stacked against him either. He literally is the embodiment of being a true Wrecker. He accepts death as being a part of a Warriorā€™s Life. However, regrets? Oh boy, does he have many. He has been a Wrecker from the very beginning and he has made quite the name from himself along with the Canon List of Wrecker Characters. At least, that was his backstory. However, he has some regrets regarding his past decisions. Such as letting rage overwhelming because Paradox betrayed the Wreckers and killed a significant amount while some of them actually being quite good friends with both of them, actually. So he committed the Sin of Wrath and he canā€™t really bare himself to change his past due to how painful it felt.

Itā€™s like losing a loved one, in the end. Paradox was his Brother-In-Arms and the Wreckers were his family. However, the two both reunited once again. While Scorchlock was still weary and cautious around Paradox. Paradox needed a brother to help him out through his situation. But due to Scorchlock not being the better bot. He came to regret his choice of not doing more and so it has costed the life of Paradox. More so. Scorchlock is mad with himself because he didnā€™t do more to bring Paradox to the path of good, to save his soul from darkness essentially. Also, a warning for the Captains, they are on his hitting list because they were responsible for allowing the Titan Squadron to attack the Decepticon Fleet.

So after Cybertron is restored, he would most likely try toā€¦um. Kill everyone who were responsible for Paradoxā€™s death. In his view, the Captains were responsible. I donā€™t want to make Scorchlock just a one-dimensional character as itā€™ll be boring. So this is like a new perspective on a character that Iā€™ve made. He isnā€™t really letting vengeance consume him, however, his sense of justice is in other words, more so, justified with an eye for an eye. Scorchlock will go for the kill with Bludgeon and he will kill him if he gets the chance, there is no sparing. No raising yourself for the greater good. No Optimus Prime philosophy. None of that. One might say he is a grey character. Also, anyone that tries to stop him will get hurt, so if someone has feelings towards Bludgeon or anyone responsible for The Titan Squadronā€™s death, they will be knocked out of commission. Itā€™s just how the character is, really.

King-Quan: Well, the Warrior Prince as I like to call him. It is a very interesting one. If I had to base him off of the Seven Deadly Sins, as Iā€™m currently watching the Anime and I want to give my characters, more depth, even though, Iā€™m not as active as I used to be. But I will come back. King-Quan is a Prideful Warrior. So I think I may give him some of Escanorā€™s personality traits. However, some of his regrets definitely must be with the Death of Cybertron, or well about to be. Because of the Great War that has damaged the progenitor planet of all Cybertronian Life. He also regrets that he didnā€™t train earlier in being a Warrior and joining the forces of the Autobots to potentially save Cybertron from its doom.

Alas, I donā€™t see much regrets he has as of now. Since I havenā€™t done much with him. But yeah, not being there to save his planet, not being there to be a warrior sooner. Stuff like that really. As for his fear. Well, his pride makes him essentially unfearful. He doesnā€™t fear anything honestly. Loved ones he doesnā€™t really have, he is a lone wolf. But I suppose one fear he does have is the death of Cybertron and the destruction of the sacred manuscripts of the Covenant of Primus. Essentially anything that has to do with the Primes, he fears that one day they will get lost and that people will start to be more faithless. Which he doesnā€™t want. He believes that maintaining the faith in the Thirteen Primes and their scriptures is a must.

Tja, that sums about it.

1 Like

Iā€™d say the Splitter brothers most regret not being able to save their two brothers.

Spectrumā€™s definitely afraid of being lost and alone.

And SideStep is afraid of his past self, the messed up version of himself.

1 Like

Blight is terrified of just about everything: heights, closed spaces, zombies, especially anything with polka dots (he finds them distasteful).

Pixel is terrified of boredom and self-improvement.

Caedia is scared of laboratories and, though she doesnā€™t even realize it, the person she has become.

By the way, because Iā€™m still invested in the story and characters, what all has happened since I last checked in?

1 Like

The party has been exploring this new planet for a couple of weeks- itā€™s the same planet where theyā€™re supposed to find the next piece of the Omega Lock. A few of the PCs have found where that key is being held, and are fighting through a few trials to ā€œtest their worthā€ and all the usual hijinks. Thereā€™s also a vault with loot in it that will only open once the PCs get the next Omega Key.

Also, Optimus Primeā€™s made a few cameo appearances in all his ponchoā€™d up glory.

2 Likes

Name: Breig

Homeworld: Cybertron

Faction: Autobot

Alt-mode(s): Zebra

Appearance: Breig transforms much like Leo Convoy. The beast head goes over his right shoulder, and the posterior goes over his left shoulder. The front legs going on the back of his arms, and the rear legs hang off his back. Overall he has a rather thin build.

Subtype: techno-organic

Weapons, abilities, and equipment: The only thing Brieg carries thatā€™s any kind of a weapon, would be his handheld cable harpoon launcher. Though he doesnā€™t really use it as a weapon, but as a tool to help with navigating obstacles. Things like high walls or big pits for examples.

For abilities, heā€™s a wizard with computers, machinery, and technology. Able to hack into or modify/repair whatever he pleases.

Bio: Breig is an autobot scientist of the highest caliber. He specializes in the fields of engineering, advanced robotics, and theoretical physics. Heā€™s a bit on theā€¦ eccentric side, to say the least. But he always means well.

ā€œMy colleagues always referred to me as a mad scientist. But I prefer the term unrecognized genius.ā€

Name: Neckbreaker

Altmode: Lion

Appearance:

(I looked for the art source but I couldnā€™t find it for the life of me)

Weapons: Neckbreaker donā€™t use nothinā€™ but his FISTS! Who needs a gun or a sword when you got raw unadulterated muscle power!!!

Bio: Neckbreaker used to be a champion gladiator in the pits back before the war. While heā€™s a bit dense, heā€™s a rather dependable sort.

ā€œThe name is Neckbreaker! It rhymes with Undertaker! And Iā€™m gonna send you to MEET, YOUR MAKER!ā€

1 Like

Breigā€™s fine, if a bit underpowered, but Leobreakerā€™s an official character, so I canā€™t accept him.

1 Like

Blech. Okay. Iā€™ll think of a new name.

I got so used to throwing in my own takes on official characters in ToT that I forgot it wouldnā€™t work elsewhere.

Itā€™s alright.

1 Like

Alright. How about now?

Yeah, this seems fine to me. Theyā€™re both accepted.

1 Like

Nice! Also

You underestimate the power of SCIENCE my friend!

Iā€™ll need a quick rundown of the situation before I can start up.

1 Like

As a quick heads up, Juliana and Laslow are both available.

Thanks, but I got my own introduction scenario in mind.

Science is nothing next to the power of SPACE MAGIC!

Alright, so weā€™re on this planet in the middle of nowhere that ancient cybertronians carved up with a bunch of cyberglyphs. Most of the PCs are in an old fortress trying to fight their way to an Omega Key, while some others are getting supplies from a colony ship. A few PCs are still on Salvation, too, which is hovering above the aforementioned fortress.

Bludgeon and the other villains havenā€™t shown up yet, but they will be making an appearance soon.

1 Like

Alright. Sounds good. Iā€™ll start things up in the ship. Really excited to get this going.

Heheheh

And which song did you try to use?