Transformers: Salvation Signup and OOC Discussion Topic

I’m not sure this could be properly enforced in the RP, unfortunately.

I feel like this might need to be retooled just a little. Aside from it running the risk of being overpowered, I’m not sure if you’d find much use for it.

Well, I remember you told me there was a Martial Art called Cyrstalocution. So I thought I could use it. I mean what do you want me to do? Get rid of it or retool it?

Aight then how about Cayde being able to hack coms and insert a network virus?

This would probably be the best thing to do.

What if we simplified this to Cayde being able to disrupt a target’s weapons for a short time? Like maybe a post or so?

1 Like

Done, what do you think? @Chromeharpoon

That’s not quite what I meant.

What I had in mind wasn’t that Cayde would disable a target’s weapons; whatever interference he causes would instead cause them to behave unpredictably.

For example, if Cayde hacked an enemy drone, the thing might just turn off for a post or two, yes, but it could also explode, or turn around and start attacking other enemies. Whatever I’m feeling like at the time, basically.

What about now @Chromeharpoon?

Sorry; I thought I’d implied that I’d control the effects of Cayde’s hacking. You’d initiate the action, of course, but depending on how merciful I’m feeling I’d decide what the target’s weapon does as a result of it.

Does that sound fair to you?

Yes, it’s pretty fair. Sorry for the trouble lol.

It’s fine. No trouble at all.

1 Like

'Aight, so he’s accepted?

Well, that was about it, as far as changes I wanted to make goes. I’d say he’s good to go.

Before you do anything, though, you’ve missed a lot. Would you like a summary to catch you up?

1 Like

I mean, if it’s no much trouble for you to give me a summary on what happened. I would appreciate it. Though you don’t have to if you don’t want to. I mean, I think there’s a lot I have to catch up to. Probably a lot has happened during my absence.

Alright, so if my memory serves me right, you were banned right in the middle of the event where the gang was out rescuing Shockwave from that one Heretic ship. That mission proved to be a success, and Shockwave’s since gotten his own laboratory aboard Salvation. He wasn’t able to bring a whole lot of his stuff with him, however, save for some research notes and prototype weapons.

After that, Salvation stopped at an uncharted planet for a bit, where they discovered an insecticon hive that had been struggling to survive after they were accidentally released on the planet millions of years ago. There was a brief battle as the insecticons tried to take over the ship, but the PCs were able to make peace with the insecticon queen. Our heroes gave the hive some energon, and in return, the hive gave Salvation some of their warriors. One of the PCs also found schematics for a ground bridge, but nothing’s been done with them since then…

Following that little adventure, Salvation happened upon the wreck of a Knight ship drifting around a star. Upon investigating the derelict, they found that the crew had been transporting a dangerous, Dark Energon-related artifact that caused everyone aboard to descend into madness, kill each other, and become terrorcons. The terrorcons tried to board the ship, and at the same time that was happening, Bludgeon and company also made an appearance to give our heroes a hard time. Salvation was able to escape, but not without sustaining some damage to her transwarp drive. Some of he PCs also found components that they could use to build a Cortical Psychic Patch, but nothing much had been done with those since then.

With the transwarp drive damaged, Salvation was forced to stop at another uncharted tropical world, and this one was very strange indeed. Glowing fissures marbled its surface, the local plant and animal life was all techno-organic, and some of the islands themselves were actually giant mechanimals- one of which briefly attacked Salvation before it was fended off. Our heroes then found out that a community of cybertronians have been living on this planet for the last 7,000 years, and went to meet them. There, they found an ancient cybertronian spaceport that the Omega Key activated- the port’s machinery then dismantled Salvation and started working to repair her. Some of our heroes also found out that the Omega Key could use the port to upgrade Salvation, as well, so they sacrificed the Inquisitive Savant and its AI (with its consent) to give the Fleetcarrier regenerative hull plating, energy shields, and improved weapons.

The PCs also met a bot among the neutrals that claimed to be a prophet, who foretold that they were destined to do great things over the course of their voyage. She and her followers gave them some weapons and tools that could help them in their adventure. Some of the PCs also found out that this weird planet was where Solus Prime and the Knights of Cybertron built the Omega Lock- and where Optimus Prime cut the Lock into pieces to hide throughout the galaxy. That explained the weird fissures and techno-organic life, and revealed that the Omega Key was one such piece of the Omega Lock.

However, that aforementioned prophet was hiding a dark secret: motivated by a misinterpreted vision of the future, she and her followers had spent the last seven thousand years using the residual energies from the Omega Lock’s creation (and destruction) to resurrect Nova Prime, believing that he would somehow be some sort of savior. They stole the Hot Spot Cube and destroyed it, using the shard of the Emberstone inside to return Nova to life. He quickly revealed his true colors and is fighting some of the PCs now. At the same time, Bludgeon and company have showed up and are bombarding the ancient spaceport from the air with their ships.

And that’s about it. Need anything else?

So let me get this right. We are on a planet that had the Omega Lock but because of Optimus split it into pieces it’s not there but now we are stuck on this planet with Nova Prime trying to kill us while Bludgeon also showed up and is bombarding an ancient spaceport? So we are in the planet facing of Nova? Or are we in the ship fighting Nova?

Planet.

Ship’s in pieces in the spaceport.

I see. So it’s time for a Wrecker job.

Yeah.

Also yeah.

The spaceport is on an island in the middle of the ocean. That’s where Bludgeon and company are right now.

Nova Prime is on a continent far away, fighting some of the PCs who followed him there. He’s gonna be headed to the island soon enough though, probably.

So I don’t assume Scortchlock followed Nova Prime right? So he’ll be fighting against Bludgeon and his company.

Yeah; Scorchlock is probably on the island.

'Aight, time to make a grandiose entrance. I guess. Also thanks for having me back.