Transformers: Salvation

“As cruel as his experiments have been,” Zepar said, “and I cannot believe I’m saying this, he is one of the smartest scientific minds of our race.”

“That is actually pretty true but Quintus is the smartest.” Sidewire adds.

Zepar chuckles, glad that Sidewire caught that, “Allow me to amend my statement; he’s one of the smartest scientific minds of our time.”

“Much better now.” Sidewire said.

Zepar looked at Paradox briefly to try and gauge how he was doing.

OOC: He’s not sufficiently calmed down to talk with Scorchlock yet, isn’t he?

Paradox had a tired look on his face and he said nothing, he was quiet and had his arms folded around him.

OOC: No he isn’t.

Zepar just looked genuinely concerned but didn’t say anything to Paradox.

Give him time; he’ll reach out when he feels the time is right. he thought to himself.

“Yeah, he is tired and different.” Sidewire whispered to Zepar.

Zepar gives Sidewire a subtle nod before looking at the captains, “So, we’ll be engaging Bludgeon’s forces and rescuing Shockwave.” He said.

(@Chromeharpoon)

Topside nods. He turns to ■■■■■■■■■■■■.

“I’ll handle this one,” he says. ■■■■■■■■■■■■ simply nods response.

Topside returns his attention to the party.

“Right, that’s the plan,” he affirms.

The holotable in the center of the war room displayed a muted replaying of Shockwave’s message, three-dimensional holograms of Salvation and the Adjutant, and two profiles on the Decepticon Chief Scientist- one from the Decepticon Imperial Personnel Records, and the other from an Autobot dossier on the cyclops. The Decepticon profile listed the many projects that he had headed or otherwise had been involved in over the last five hundred years, while the Autobot profile included a list of several war crimes that Shockwave had committed as part of said projects.

Thrift was also in the war room, but he wasn’t paying much attention, at the moment. The junkion peddler was instead ogling the ancient weapons on display throughout the room, and occasionally picking up the model starships that adorned the shelves on the walls and playing with them.

3 Likes

“If I may, I’m all for retrieving Shockwave, but we must handle this situation with care. Truce or no, Shockwave has a dangerous history. Not to mention this could very well be a trap. My suggestion is that we enter and capture Shockwave as planned, but keep him restrained while he is on the ship.”
Torchwing suggested.

SideStep grinned. “Finally.” He transformed and drove to the war room.
Once he reached it, he transformed and entered.

1 Like

Zepar was reading the material that was provided on the Decepticon scientist, “Maybe, maybe not.” He muttered, “From what I’ve read so far, Shockwave usually seems to keep his focus on logical actions with the very rare instance where his temper is set off which can be stayed by presenting logical responses…” He looks at that particular note and sees very panicked side-notes with it. “Something tells me Starscream wrote this set of notes.” He said, showing the passage in question.

1 Like

Topside nods. Like most other Autobots, he had more than a few misgivings about Shockwave himself.

“Right,” he says. “■■■■■■■■■■■■ and I have discussed that.”

“Charizard’s got a point about the whole ‘trap’ thing,” Thrift speaks up. “How do we know he’s not bait for something- or if he’s in on it, for that matter?”

Indeed, Starscream’s signature could be found beside the notes in question.

1 Like

“I can assure you, I would be more than capable of handling my own. Trap or not Shockwave is far too dangerous with the enemy.”

1 Like

Zepar thumbs through the files, “It’s possible but, considering how both files greatly show his loyalty to Megatron and even Cybertron itself, he may be genuinely asking for help.”

“But, I do understand where you’re coming from.” Zepar told the group as he pointed to the crime list and experiments list, “He isn’t very forgiving and merciless in a lab.”

“We’ll need to approach this like it is a trap; expect the worst and hope for the best.” He said while reading more on Shockwave and the ship he was, supposedly, aboard.

1 Like

“If he’s bait, we kill him anyway.”
SideStep spoke up, half joking.
“Besides, Shockwave was always a sucker for logic… something Bludgeon doesn’t have.”

1 Like

“But some of his crew does.” Zepar said rather seriously, “Lockdown’s a hunter and is definitely on the watchlist for foes we don’t want to face in this rescue attempt.”

OOC: GTG.

SideStep shrugged.
“If it’s a trap, can’t we always blow a hole in the side of the ship and yeet outta there?”

1 Like

■■■■■■■■■■■■ nods, then scolds himself for agreeing with an Autobot.

“Yeah, unfortunately, trap or no, they’ll know we’re coming,” Topside says. “I’ll bet our friendly neighborhood mole’s already warned Bludgeon somehow.”

Shockwave’s brilliance- and his complete disregard for ethics- could not be disputed. It was he who had created Bruticus, Devastator, and Tyrannicus, along with several deadly pathogens while working with the Constructicon Mixmaster. Both Autobot and Decepticon files mentioned his fascination with cloning and the long-extinct predacon dragons, as well.

The DSS Adjutant was nearly a quarter the size of Salvation, and carried energon, ammunition, and other supplies for the rest of the Twenty-sixth Fleet and the ground forces of the Decepticon heretics. It even possessed a few refineries and manufacturing plants within its hull, along with many research labs.

ZING!” comments Thrift.

■■■■■■■■■■■■ and Topside look to each other and exchange shrugs.

“If it turns out to be a trap, do what you need to,” Topside says.

3 Likes