Transformers: Salvation

“Motherboard, what if this ship was meant to contain something alive?” He asked as he had the drone creep deeper into the ship.

“That is certainly possible,” says Motherboard. “Why?”

Zepar begins to receive some interference with the connection to his drone. Bursts of static flash across the video feed.

Zepar has the drone begin returning to him. “Because, this place seems more like the prison of a mad murderer than an exploration vessel.” He said, the comlink feed showed Motherboard what the drone saw.

“I’m guessing our weird signal caused the static, yes?” He asked.

“It is possible,” Motherboard reasons. “If the signal is causing your interference, it may also be inhibiting my scans.”

“Well, signals can be unscrambled; think you could find a way to do so?” Zepar asked, not wanting to risk going into that place without considerable backup.

Song frowned, confused.
“OK…?”
@TheOnlyGuyWhoLikesMistika

“Yes,” Motherboard answers. “Though it will take some time.”

The rest of the bridge crew gaze upon the derelict outside the viewport, and study the images sent back by Zepar’s drone. The were all on edge.

Sprocket would’ve loved nothing more than to explore the derelict with Zepar (and anyone else who may want to go plothook hinthint), however he was busy working with Grommet to aid Shockwave in setting up his lab. Salvation’s provisions were much better than what the heretics had afforded the cyclops during his capture, however they were still something of a far cry from what he had in his laboratory in Kaon.

(@meepinater?)

Thrift takes a running leap out of hangar thirty’s aperture and tumbles through space, eager to explore the derelict and perhaps find some new treasures to sell.

Facelift was largely uninterested in the derelict; anything he would’ve wanted to recover from the wreck was likely destroyed after many millions of years adrift around the star.

Forcep tends to the wounded, anticipating the worst. Derelict spaceships almost always contained nasty surprises within the wreckage, in his experience.

Greasemonkey tinkers away in Engineering.

Halfrunner and Lurch tend to their respective taverns.

The heretic Decepticons’ fleet cruises at superluminal speeds toward our heroes’ location as provided by their spy.

Zepar sees Thrift and tries to intercept him from entering the derelict, for the merchant’s own safety.

Thrift lands on the hull of the derelict, producing a spiderweb crack in the ancient metal upon impact. The junkion begins to look for an entrance, and waves to Zepar as he sees the dragon approach.

"I wouldn’t advise going inside there yet."he said, stopping just shy of landing but pretty much right next to Thrift.

“And why’s that?” Thrift asks. “This seems like your usual, garden variety, run-of-the-mill, ancient derelict spaceship. Prob’ly got some horrible monsters waiting inside, space zombies, deranged crewmen, what have you. Hey, have you seen that one movie, Event Horizon?”

“That last bit is what I’m afraid of;” Zepar said, “I fear this craft was meant to contain what I can only presume is some kind of psychotic murderer and we should avoid entering it without sufficient protection and manpower.”

Thrift’s eyes widen slightly. So he wasn’t the only one aware of the usual tropes associated with creepy shipwrecks. That was nice.

“Well,” he says, “you seem to be sufficiently well-armed, and my genre-savviness gives us an edge against whatever may-or-may-not be lying in wait for us in side- ergo, protection. And there’s two of us- ergo, manpower.”

“Unless you have some kind of Immobilizer on you,” he said, “I’m not keen on just the two of us going in and meeting the poor soul that resides here.”

1 Like

“Well, not on me, no,” Thrift replies. “Though I’m pretty sure I’ve got one tucked away somewhere.”

“Motherboard, are there any Immobilizers the armory?” He asks on the comlink.

OOC: oh, did Broadband ever detect any outbound transmissions that weren’t going to another crewman?

“Negative,” Motherboard replies. “Immobilizer rays are rare, and technically illegal under pre-war cybertronian law.”

OOC: probably not, unfortunately.

OOC: and Amalgamous’s weapon is on his world and far from our reach. Dang it.

That’s suspicious; the spy either used a physical message (message in a bottle type of thing) or Broadband turned a blind eye.

IC: “Thrift?” Zepar asked, I need you to be absolutely certain with your answer: do you have an Immobilizer?"

“I think so,” Thrift says. “I got a little silver stick off of a friend of a friend of a friend of Swindle’s, and I’m pretty sure that’s what it was. It’s broken, though; I’ll need to fix it up a bit before I can think about trying to sell it.”

“Let’s see it.” Zepar said, motioning to the hanger. Considering the circumstances, I think we can afford to ignore the ‘Immobilizers are illegal’ rule for this. he thought.