Transformers: Tournament of Terror. RP Topic

Gronius followed him.

Oddball figured as much. He’d need to replace the damaged components in Blackout’s arm, and he couldn’t do that via just the hole blasted into his shoulder.

“Vip-vip-vzzzt!” Oddball buzzes as he climbs atop Blackout, setting the parts he collected down in a heap on a table beside him. He reshapes his fingers into claws and wire cutters, and sets to work detaching Blackout’s arm.

Backbreaker stands beside Jetfire, watching the Autobot’s vitals.

“One thing you need to understand right here and now. You can train all you want. But making it to Tier 1 is a pipe dream, let alone beating Grimlock. You can’t expect to achieve in weeks what’s taken other’s centuries.”

The process was relatively simple. The biggest obstacle being the primary connection joint, which would have to be disassembled rather than cut through.

The autobot’s vitals were dangerously low. He was alive and stable, but one wrong move in his repairs could easily put him offline, for good.

Meanwhile Railfire set to work repairing Axis. Her technorganic body made it dificult, but not impossible. He worked tirelessly, trying to get her in the best shape he could so he could then focus on Maximus.

Oddball stops. The primary connector joint was a complicated mechanism, and he didn’t have much in the way of professional medical training. It was probably best to let someone more qualified handle this part…

Backbreaker thus decides to let Jetfire be.

Railfire stops, noticing Oddball’s dilema. He walked over to Blackout with a set of tools and got to work. Removing different small pieces of machinery and laying them neet and orgonized on a nearby desk. In short time he disconected the shoulder from the body, and removed much of the exterior casing around the shoulder. Giving Oddball significantly easier access to the damaged pieces.

“I appreciate your assistance.”
He said.
“Under normal circumstance with damage this extensive, I would scrap the entier limb for spare parts and melt down what couldn’t be fixed. Then build an entirely new one from scratch. But resources have been tight, and I must make due. Making your help all the more welcome.”

In the week that had past, the Railroad Mini-Con Team has been quite busy. Though it was too early to really determine the long term affects, Railgun decided it was best to alter their project plan and make a charge for the Tier 2 area. They had some pathways towards it and a little in there, but never much. Never could tell how much the Vex see and know, so on the side of precaution they had never pushed too far. These days was something different, given the drop in resources given to their tier. As such, with much considerable efforts, they managed to make a good main pathway into the second tier area.

It still could use some fortification and final touches, but today they were not working on that section. No, a pipe had burst in floor tunnel five and needed repairs. Sometimes the Minicons could almost swear that, as impregnable the place seemed, was a shambled together piece of junk barely holding. At some point, Iota out to give them a present or something, because they’re pretty sure some of this would have collapsed long ago without them.

“Water, water everywhere! Or I hope this is water.” Tie-Grabber complains as he hauls out some junk.

There is a loud bang as Railgun blasts the head of some insect coming out of the pipe. He flicks off some of its guts off his cannon. “You mean just water.”

He sticks his cannon down the pipe and fires another blast, the soft explosion of something further down echoes back out the pipe. Grimacing upon pulling it out and seeing what sort of muck has now stuck to it. Now that there was no obstructions, Machbreaker slams a piece on and starts quickly wielding while Railgun cleans off.

“Diseased for sure, will need a doctor’s cure.” Machbreaker chimes, just happy that it should all be over soon. That is, unlike the next unforeseen disaster.

Tie-Grabber looks at the corpse the bugs. “Oh come on, I’m not hauling that out.”

“You like fishing, now you have bait.” Machbreaker teases.

“Oh ha ha. I’ll burn it! The fire will dry the place up faster too.”

“You know the regulations, the ceiling is too low for–” Railgun finds himself interrupted by Iota’s announcement.

Railgun was certainly confused to hear four bots being called out to the battlefield, that was unusual. He turns towards the way out, considering it, but decides better against it. If there was more of those critters that got in here, he need to protect Tie-Grabber and Machbreaker. Though hearing Iota’s voice carry down here brought concern over confusion.

A double battle? Since when did Iota have those?! And would stop at doubles? Would triples become a new thing? And if triples…Railgun grinds his teeth from the thought. If it increased, it only ever raised the odds of Iota sending them out into a fight. The three of them together against one of the big fellows is something they might be able to handle. But them against three? Three?! Not impossible, but might as well be.

“We’ll make it sir,” Tie-Grabber says, snapping Railgun back to reality. The crane had already managed to clean up the mess. “Besides, we had to deal with worse in the war.”

Railgun takes a deep breath. When you had time to think, everything seems like a bigger obstacle. Never had that time during the war, you just acted and survived. That and he also forgotten how much of the war Tie-Grabber had been in compared to them.

Then came the explosions and loud clashing from outside. The world above erupted in furry and the ground shook. All three of them jump, looking around trying to figure out what in the world was going on.

Turning to Machbreaker, Railgun says, “Go–” though before he could finish, Machbreaker had already started rocketing off, shouting , “Ing!” in response.

When Machbreaker breaks to the surface, he sees everything was now going down at the doc’s office and races down there. When he arrives, he manages to catch Railfire’s panic.

“…fry nearly every single wire and circuit in his body! Everything will need to be replaced! The entire network! Do you…”

That didn’t sound good. At all. The doc being that worried on top of it didn’t help, never seen him like that before. Machbreaker raced back to inform the others.

“Fried! Condition critical. All need replacements.” Machbreaker said it so quickly, the others almost couldn’t make out what he said.

Railgun only thinks for a moment before heading out and motioning them to follow him.

“Go to supply dock four, get what’s needed to them. We’ll bring what we can shortly.”

Machbreaker nods and is gone in a cloud of smoke. Tie-Grabber hesitates as he and Railgun transform, heading for their nearest supply cache.

“Why help? Since when have we ever?” Tie-Grabber asks.

“They might have the means to save them. And if we want to make that Allspark, we need closer experience.”

“…Good thing we’ve got tier two to resupply…”

It doesn’t take long for Machbreaker to suddenly burst into Railfire’s office, carrying all sorts of stuff. Some Energon, wiring, transformation parts and so forth. He quickly yelps some bleeps, trying to get there attention and determine what they need.

1 Like

Railfire looks down at his small friend. A welcome sight in all the stress. At the moment things had slowed down, and he wasn’t as panicked. But the extra support was more than welcome.

“Hello there my friend. I see you’ve brought some things for me.”
He said calmly and warmly. In all his time trapped here he had always been distsnt to the others. And that attitude was more often than not mutual. But this minicon seemed to have taken a liking to him, and in a way he felt the same.

The medic smiled and accepted the minicon’s offerings.

Machbreaker lets out a few bleeps, seeming to ask if the doc needed anything else. Though not far behind did Railgun and Tie-Grabber finally arrive with some additional supplies. Tie-Grabber throws his hook up to latch on a counter and swings up on a table. He may not be a doc, but at this point is was a good electrical mechanic and is looking over one of the bots to see how he can help. Scanning the wires to see which are most frayed and optimal path to fish replacements.

Railgun just gives Railfire a full salute as he works an arranging supplies for sufficient retrieval and usage.

Railfire smiled.
“Thank you all very much.”

He looked over the supplies they brought, evaluating them all. The parts were of good quality, and would be useful in the future. But not exactly what he needed.

“If you can, I’ll need high conductive wires and circites. Anything with the greatest resistance to electrical overcharge is what I need.”
He said to Railgun.

He then turned to Tie-Grabber.
“If you want to help, your smaller hande could be of great service. You see the predacon?”
He said, pointing to Maximus.
“His entire nural-wire network must be replaced. Before it can be replaced, it must be removed. A delicate task that would take me a great deal of time and focus to accomplish. You however, may have better luck.”

And finally he looked to Machbreaker.
“And I can assume all of this was your suggestion. I cannot express enough how much I appreciate your support.”
He said warmly.

Railgun puts his hand to his chin, thinking for a moment of which depot they put such items in. He then transforms and heads for retrieve them and will be back shortly. Machbreaker puts his right hand behind his head, rubbing it a bit, clearly embarrassed by the thanks, but in a good way. Though he quickly takes up Railgun’s former task and does what he can to help around in the area.

Tie-Grabber meanwhile jumps over to Maximus and gets to work. He’s had to deal with much larger wires than this, often with live power. So in comparison, this shouldn’t be too difficult. He carefully fingers around the wiring, pulling it up first so that it’s a bit looser and not too taunt and won’t feel like he’s ripping out hair when he cuts. When he does cut, he of course uses his hook, pulling in opposite direction with it while pushing down with his free hand. Even in this though, it is clear he’s being careful not to damage anymore than what is needed for removal. Occasionally he looks up at screens to compare and ensure he’s doing everything correctly.

Railgun then returns with the requested supplies.

1 Like

Oddball salutes Railfire and beeps out a thank-you to the medic:

“Zap-boop!”

With Blackout’s arm now detached and satisfactorily disassembled, he could begin replacing its damaged components.

1 Like

Railfire observes the minicon closely, just to be safe. He was doing good work, but he was essentially removing the predacon’s entire nervous system. No small task.

Meanwhile he had finished all he could do for Axis. She was still hurt, but it was nothing her own internal repair systems couldn’t handle.

Railfire gives the bot a nod. A simple gesture, but a clear thank you.

Axis then began to awaken. Everything hurt. It hurt worse than anything she had ever felt before. She let out a low and long groan of pain. Slowly becoming aware of her surroundings.

As the Battle in the Arena ended, Hydro Rex and Hammer at the same time, unacquainted with them. They walked towards the same path and met in the on a hallway that separated the tier two with tier three. The two stopped, dead in their tracks as they glanced at each other as if they saw a ghost from their pasts.

“Hammer…” Hydro Rex spoke, his tone holding a sudden unexpectancy.

“…Hydro Rex,” said Hammer, who clenched his fists.

“Long time no see…old friend.” He declared.

Hammer rose an metal eyebrow. “If last I remember correctly…we didn’t leave on best terms,” Hammer said.

Hydro Rex smirked, his red visor above his eyes lifting up. “Are you still the same good old bot, with a good old spark?” He asked, his tone holding a tint of sarcasm in it.

“Are you still the same bot, I remember?” He asked.

“Depends.” Hydro Rex mentioned, his right palm slightly raising as metal bits where being manipulated with his magnetism.

The tension between the two was so thick, one could metaphorically cut through it with a knife.

After a while, Oddball finishes his operation. He’d done all he could with what little knowledge he had, and he was content to leave the rest to more skilled hands.

“Thank you again for your service.”
Railfire said.

“Primus… What, happened…?”
Axis said. Her voice was weak and forced.

Giffin helps him where he could.

“Who is up there anyway? I can’t recall ever meeting somebody from tier 1.”

“The only one’s who’ve ever ‘met’ them are those unfortunate enough to end up in the arena with them. You don’t need to worry about who they are until you’ve surpassed me. If you can even do that.”
Hotspot said in his usual flat stern tone of voice.

OOC: Hope you don’t mind, but I’m going to save their reveals for later like I did with Grimlock.

Railfire went to Blackout and began working on what Oddball could not. While doing so he looked to Backbreaker.
“If you’d please, attend to Axis. I’ve done all I can do. It’s time she returns to the commons.”
@Chromeharpoon

“Uhm… Whatever you say, chief.”

Just then the familiar battle alarm rang, and Iota’s voice called out over the intercom.
“Gronius. Hammer. Report to the arena immediately.”

“Well, looks like your training will have to come later.”
Hotspot said.

Gronius facepalmed.
“I really am not in the mood to fight that guy.”

OOC: Both IC and OOC.