Trial. Site: Alpha (sign-ups and discussion)

Esteemed adressee,

Nekra Corporation of New Age Technology thanks you for your participation in our selection process. Our staff is aware that the testing process is long and difficult, a measure taken to allow only the truly talented to demonstrate their skills. It is our pleasure to inform you that you demonstrate the admirable combination of wit and athleticism necessary to be selected as one of few Prototype Analysts.

While you may have passed the selection process, please remain aware that Nekra Corporation for New Age Technology holds all of its staff to the highest regard. We expect pleasant, professional attitudes to be held at all times. Remain aware that maiming, killing, and forcing your will upon your fellow Prototype Analysts will not be tolerated.

Your job, shall you choose to accept it, is to provide live testing of a unique and cutting-edge technology: a set of battle armor unlike any seen before (hereon referred to simply as a “suit”). To ensure the dependability of the technology as a whole, you will be utilizing a suit in simulations of various intensities. In an effort to maximize potential, your suit will be custom-made to fit your talents and specifications. Please note that simulations will be strenuous and have the potential for injury; however, our selection process has determined that you have the potential to succeed in whatever tasks are set before you.

Shall you agree to participate, please fill out the following information and return it to our facilities for processing. Nekra Corportaion of New Age Technology wishes to remind you of the contract of confidentiality agreed upon prior to entering the selection process. Shall this contract become breached by any means, our company can and will prosecute you to the full extent of the law. Transportation to our secure facility shall be organized through your local spaceport.

###Personal Information
Designation: While active as a member of our team, you will be referred to by your designation. We give you the opportunity to choose, but choose wisely.
Appearance: Please describe your appearance or include an appropriate photograph for our records.
Personality/Background: A brief summation of who you are will aid in our placement process.
Skills/aptitudes: Many of your talents were documented during our selection process. However, your personal record allows us to notate anything that was not apparent during our process.

###Your Suit
Classification: There are three general varieties of suits. Mobile suits feature very little in the way of actual armor, yet provide unparalleled mobility. Guarded suits have greater protective features, at the cost of some added weight and restricted motion. Please choose one of these two categories for your suit.
Special Equipment: One of your suit’s greatest strengths is its capability to support enhanced and unique equipment. The nature and functionality of this feature is entirely variable, allowing feats ranging from improved strength to energy fields to limited magnetic control. While creativity is encouraged, not everything is possible. A reasonable and grounded request is more likely to be achievable.
Aesthetics: Shaping and coloring the armor to your request is a simple matter, all said and done. Be as creative as you wish.

Read more

Additional thing that I couldn’t find a way to specify within the restrictions of the acceptance letter is that this takes place in a space fantasy setting. There’s a bunch of stuff that looks like technology, but don’t expect a scientific explanation on how it works.

I’ll probably make a character for this.

2 Likes

Personal Information:

Designation: Mina

Appearance: Shoulder-length chestnut hair, hazel-coloured eyes, lightly tanned. A little chubby, but nothing enough to get in the way of anything.

Personality/Background: A bubbly and outgoing girl ready for an adventure of a lifetime!

Skills/aptitudes: Quite energetic, flexible, and fairly adaptable. Prefer to think up plans on the fly.

Suit:

Classification: Mobile suit.

Special Equipment: Back-mounted, rotatable rocket boosters which can achieve high speeds and limited flight. Built-in, retractable blades and small rapid-fire cannons for both melee and ranged offensive capabilities.

Aesthetics: Purple, and nothing all ugly and blocky, okay?

1 Like

Personal Information:

Designation: Scott
Appearance: A bit tall, short brown hair, overall pretty normal looking.
Personality/Background: Usually serious, sometimes isn’t.
Skills/aptitudes: Somewhat strong, but can’t carry something extremely heavy.

Suit:

Classification: Guarded suit.
Special Equipment: Right hand of the suit is a gun that looks a bit like this;
Gun fires energy.
Aesthetics: Mostly black with some gunmetal and lime accents. Has large shoulder pads, but they aren’t so big that they’d get in the way of movement.

1 Like

Yo nice. Lemme getta fur suit.
/s

1 Like

Designation; Christopher Grey

Appearance: A 5’7 male of indeterminate ethnicity. Light blue eyes, 20/20 vision capacity. Typically wears a white long-sleeve ■■■■■, complemented by khahki jeans.

Personality/Background: Chris was formerly an engineering student at a prestigious university, before becoming aware of the trials being undertaken at the Nekra Corporation. Aware of the company’s notoriety, he signed up for the position of Prototype Analyst, hoping to gain more credit for his resume, and to his mild surprise was chosen as an actual Analyst. Eager to learn, he is somewhat overwhelmed by the idea of actually being a part of the trials.

Former Skills/aptitudes: Talking to people, making persuasive speeches, timekeeping. Art, to a lesser degree.

Classification: Guarded Suit.

Special Equipment:

• Guardian Field Generator, a specialized engine that when triggered, generates an influx of energized particles. The engine is capable of aligning these particles in a spherical formation (that is, a energy shield), and projecting force-blasts of particles from the suit’s gauntlets.

If anything here is inadvisable or not in keeping with the RP, please let me know so I can revise it.

2 Likes

:thinking:

Designation: Your great and benevolent royal lord of all he sees and conqueror of worlds Sunny

Appearance: Blond hair, brown eyes, fair skin, little under average height, not entirely impressive

Personality/Background: Sunny is aloof and had a dad who disappeared 11 years, 8 months, and 23 days ago when visiting another planet that proved far too dangerous to colonize. He hopes that by helping develop this technology his dad will one day be rescued.

Skill/Aptitudes: Knows a lot about the space force and the planet his dad went to. He also plays quite a bit of video and “tabletop” games.

Suit stuff:

Classification: Mobile Suit

Special Equipment:

• A device that increases the power of any weapon Sunny is using. This device increases the power of the weapon or the weapon’s projectile by 1D10% or 1D6+4% per meter (you choose Jay). This increases the power no matter the type of weapon used, be it energy or physical. If the power increases past 5000% of the starting power then the weapon/projectile violently explodes.

• Rockets for flight

• Beam Sabers (think gundam or lightsabers) stored in forearm armor

• Beam Rifle

• Beam Bazooka

• Shield

Aesthetics: Navy Blue, Fluorescent Yellow, Black, Gunship Grey, with all the mechanical bits protected by a durable covering to protect from random debris. Very angular and plenty of thrusters all over the body for mobility. Basically think the sleeker Gundam designs, like 00. I might draw a picture or something later.

1 Like

at first I was like ‘hey, I’ll see if I can get Project: Runa accepted for this’ but in reading it I was like ‘oh wait no that wouldn’t work…well, time to make a new character

1 Like

@TheMightyObsidianDude @Kirathel You’re good.

@Toa_Distraxx what does the gun fire? Energy, bullets, grenades? Doesn’t make much of a difference to me, I just want to establish it.

@Omega_Tahu ohmigoshit’ssunny 1D10%

1 Like

Energy, I guess?

yeah I didn’t think about this earlier if it wasn’t obvious

1 Like

Designation: TripleEyes/III
Appearance: Black Hair, Green eyes, 5’10, generally normal guy.
Personality/Background: An amateur photographer with experience making Internet documentaries and short films. Wants to chronicle the journey of the group and the psychological effects of the mission, training, and suits. Enjoys playing fighting games in his free time and making references to extremely old pop songs. (So i Guess modern pop songs for us).
Skills/Aptitude: Excells at camerawork. Generally does whatever he thinks is best for the moment. Has pretty good reflexes compared to an average person. He’s the canon fodder/scout of the group. Not really important.

Classification: Mobile
Special Equipment: A device to create a portal to a pocket dimension at the snap of his wrist. He can store items in and out of it. Items or people stored inside freeze in time.
Boosters line the back of his legs and feet.
Has what is basically a jet pack on his back
Aesthetics: Big Camera Eye smack dab on the front of his face. Two smaller camera eyes where his actual eyes would be.
They kinda adjust and move akin to how his eyes would
Suit itself is white with small (light gray?) darker armored pads mainly around the essential areas.
Throw in a cloak because edgiiiiii