TTV MB-Verse: Displaced (RP sign ups)

Over the few years that the TTV message boards has existed, this website has been filled with many RPs and stories, with many thoughtfully crafted characters and worlds. However, most people fail to remember that, behind these characters are actual people: Us, the users. Most of us are just a bunch of regular, uninteresting people in real life, and we created and played in these worlds to escape our boring reality. But one day, we really do escape reality when we discover a mysterious topic. The topic does something strange to our computers, and we find ourselves transported into cyber space, and enter a strange dimension that embodies the entire TTV message boards. Things soon get even stranger; glitches in the website are quickly corrupting the world around them, and we must find the source of the corruption and stop it before the entire message boards are destroyed. Along the way, we encounter many familiar faces, such as the RP characters and MOCs we have created in the past, both friendly and unfriendly. Some of our villains have been assimilated by the glitches and weaponized against us; but we receive help in the form of the powers, weapons and skills from the heroes we created, using them to defend ourselves as we navigate the twisted labyrinth of categories and topics in the websiteā€¦

This RP will be semi-open world, but it will still be affected by an overarching Narritive/plot.

RULES:

1.) Your characters cannot have any powers in real life.
Your characters are supposed to be representations of your real life selves, and as far as I know, people donā€™t have superpowers in the real world. You will gain the abilities of the characters you have already created once you enter cyberspace.

2.) You may sign up any preexisting characters.
Since this RP takes place within the message boards itself, you may sign up include any preexisting RP character or MOC that you have created in the past. However, donā€™t worry about signing them up just yet. Only sign up a preexisting character once youā€™re absolutely sure that you are going to include them in this RP. When you do sign them up, you can just use the same bio that you originally used for them. And make sure to strictly adhere to the conditions of rule 3.

3.) There are limitations to rule 2.
Allow me to specify: rule 2 doesnā€™t mean you can just introduce every character all at once in the same place at the same time. It would be too chaotic. They can only be t at a time, and in certain situations. If we are in an RP world that a certain Hero or Villain exists in, they can only be introduced there. Additionally, you cannot have more than one villain corrupted by your glitch at the same time.

4.) The heroes must stay in their native RP world.
In this RP, we are the main protagonists. Our preexisting hero characters are meant to act more as secondary protagonists. Because of this, they cannot leave the RP worlds from which they originate. The only exception would be if the hero characters have been in multiple RPs. The villains, on the other hand, can travel outside of their RPs.

5.) You cannot summon the abilities of your villains.
It would seem a little hypocritical if my character were using the Gamemasterā€™s laser cannon while fighting against the Gamemaster himself. Anti-heroes, however, are another story. You can help them, and/or fight them, and/or summon their abilities.

6.) You cannot use more than one ability at once
You can only summon one power, weapon, or skill of a character at a time. If you exceed this limit, then you could be at the risk of becoming too OP.

7.) GMs will change, depending on the environment.
In this RP, we will be travelling to the worlds of the different RPs on the message boards. If we are in the world of an RP that one of us has GMed, then that person will temporarily become the GM of this RP, since it is technically their world that we would be in.

8.) No Autohitting and/or auto dodging

9.) No Godmodding

10.) You cannot summon ā€œOPā€ abilities
Any powers, weapons or skills that are OP (Such as altering space, time and reality) are not allowed.
11.) Signups will remain open, even after the RP has started. New players/characters are always welcome!

Player bio:
Your main character is supposed to be your real-life self, or at least a representation of yourself.

Name: (Your real name, an alias, or your username. In any case, I highly recommend that you not use the names of any of your pre existing characters, unless itā€™s your actual name.)
Personality/bio:

Glitch bio:
In addition to making a character that represents yourself, you will also be required to make a glitch for your character. Basically, a glitch is a dark reflection of yourself. They are the Yin to your Yang. Personality wise, they would most likely have more exaggerated versions of your negative traits, or they would have the exact opposite of your good traits.
Ability wise, the glitches can quickly travel across long distances, ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  into your RP/MOC villain characters, and disintegrate or corrupt objects and people.

Name:
Personality:

Players so far:

@Monopoly
@Khalsa721
@Toa_Vladin
@Toa_Distraxx
@Winterstorm345
@SteampunkTahu

P.S.,
I would like to thank everyone who has helped me create the concept for this RP. (You all know who you are :wink: ) It may not seem like it, but I really do appreciate your criticism, as it has helped me to create a better and more efficient RP. Thank you.

7 Likes

Even with the restrictions this seems broken

3 Likes

Iā€™ll keep an eye on this one.

1 Like

Player Bio:

Name: Mr.Monopoly
Appearance: Medium height, Brown scruffy hair, glasses, green eyes.
Bio: Mr.Monopoly is rather kind and intelligent, and enjoys creating Mocs, although he can be rather critical of others creations. He can be quiet at times, as whenever he cracks a joke no one else really understands them.

Glitch Bio:

Name: Monopoly Man
Gender (Programming): Male
Bio: Monopoly Man is incredibly mean, but also rather stupid. He manages to find a flaw with every Moc he is shown, and always wants to speak out.

2 Likes

First off, this seems pretty cool, secondly, will the characters that we meet know that we were the ones who made them? Also, what counts as a villain?

I-Yeah, I agree 'cause I have aā€¦ fairly large assortment of villains that honestly would require you be from their universe, or at the least be well beyond the power a normal human could really reach/wield, to really come close at all to defeating.

Heck, something as simple as a Halo Spartan would be difficult (if not near impossible) for even the full assortment of whoever joins to defeat.

2 Likes

A villain is any RP or MOC character that you have created thatā€™s a ā€œBadguy.ā€

@Monopoly
@meepinater

Accepted. The only problem I have is the name of your glitches. It would be hard to differentiate between your character and your glitch, so I would like you to chnage the glitchesā€™ name. (Just put your characterā€™s name in reverse if you canā€™t come up with a new name.)

1 Like

So waitā€¦ We can introduce how many characters we want?

So waitā€¦ YOU will not be the GM of this game?

I really like the concept, but this would be very hard to play, both for us and for you. Beside the fact that I donā€™t understand how the rp characters work (so we should make US as characters or we should use rp characters that we already made, or BOTH?), from what I understood, everybody will become GM when we go to his rp. Besides the fact that this is not a conventional idea at all, this would be chaotic.
Iā€™ll keep an eye on this, tho. This rp could be heavily simplified, and still be as good.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not what I meant. And details are still being worked out behind the scenes.

Both.

From what Iā€™ve gathered on the GM bit, being a GM doesnā€™t mean you get special, game-changing/breaking ā€˜abilitiesā€™, itā€™s just a way to ensure no one cheats by having multiple people who can catch, and argue over what exactly specifies as ā€˜rule-breakingā€™ā€¦ which can in itself be quiet chaotic, and potentially disastrous seeing as how you now have a large amount of people who can group together and argue that what theyā€™re doing is not ā€˜cheatingā€™, and actually carry some level of power with it.

Which can turn troublesome if they get the majority (of those towards and against, seeing as how in all honesty thereā€™s bound to be a number who just wonā€™t care about that exact argument, or be focused on other problems and thus canā€™t turn spare any attention towards it) on their side.

1 Like

Yeahā€¦ I donā€™t know how many things I can say about myself to create a character.

1 Like

You might be able to make up stuff even though your character is supposed to be you.
thatā€™s what Iā€™m going to do unless I canā€™t

1 Like

So at his point I havenā€™t been in any RPā€™s or made any villain MOCs, would this effect how I play?

Maybe, but not that much.

Name: raya.
Appearance:

Because Iā€™m no good at art hereā€™s a brickhead of her.
Personality/bio: laid back, honest, generally nice person. Creative and very much a geek (superheroes, toku, anime, etc.)

Glitch bio:

Name: Khaos
Personality: Brutally honest without any care for others, just want to do whatever she wants whether it hurts others or not. A complete free spirit whoā€™s only care is herself.
Apperance; a read and black toa metru with large wings

Kovlaw
Gender; male
Doesnā€™t care whatā€™s going on though heā€™s mostly using the situation as an excuse to hunt other creations and make himself more powerful.

Can also seperate into several machines.

Rider chaos (Iā€™m thinking early on I gain these Kamen rider esque abilities.
Female

Since my idea behind khaos was that ā€œsheā€ is just energy Iā€™m thinking this moc kinda bonds with myself in cyberspace like a symbiote. Not exactly a character but I thought Iā€™d post that.

2 Likes

Name: Toa Vladin
Appearance: Regular-sized guy with black t-ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– , dark blue pants, wearing a Furno helmet that covers everything from the upper half of the neck above. Sometimes he may stay in a hunched position.
Personality/bio: A Romanian that as a main hobby travels through the world to learn more about other cultures and histories. Also big fan of Bionicle, Transformers, Lego in general, different movie franchises, Ben 10, etc. He also likes to listen music on his headphones, even in inopportune moments.

Name: Error 120603
Programming: Male
Personality: While Vladin is calm and relaxed, Error is like a punk rockstar with anger issues. He would often use his powers into weird ways, just to stand out of the crowd. He uses pure range in his attacks, and hardly gives up.

1 Like

Iā€™ll have a go.
Name: Horacio (Steampunk Tahu)
Appearance: Tall, brown hair, brown eyes.
Personality: Opinionated, Compassionate, Quiet, Cautious.
Skills: Is an author, relatively intelligent, can handle firearms and bladed weapons relatively well.

Polar opposite
Designation: Error 338721
Chosen Name: Horatio
Appearance: The same, yet with pasty white skin
Personality: Headstrong, loud, angry, careless

Added Characters:
Name: Steampunk Tahu
Appearance: Grey and Brown Toa Mata, Grey Gay
Personality: More calm than the normal Tahu
Skills: Flam thrower arm, Mata abilities

Name: Gavan
Appearance: Toa Metru with Bronze armor and Noble Huna
Personality: Calm, Calculated, Cryptic
Skills: Fire Manipulation, Invisibility
Weapons: Glaive

Name: Volstang Gimli
Appearance: Large Hero (Hero Factory) with a helmet that resembles the advanced Miru.
Personality: Solem, Cold
Skills: Jetpack, Furnoā€™s fire sword.

2 Likes

This sounds crazy awesome, but I fear I wonā€™t have the time. Maybe if thereā€™s a sequelā€¦

1 Like

This looks interesting

Might sign myself up as a character, might be pretty cool, Iā€™ve got some cool villains to use too.

@SteampunkTahu
@Khalsa721
@Toa_Vladin

Accepted.

@meepinater
@Monopoly
@KAI_BORG
I revised the sign up sheet. Make sure to read rule 2.

2 Likes