Ultimate Upgrade: Rockoh T3

Ultimate Upgrade: Rockoh T3

Overview

So I decided to do another ultimate upgrade, this time I wanted to do an actual vehicle and see what I could do to that to upgrade it. I choose the little Rockoh T3 because it was the first of the T series and it needed a little something to put it into the spotlight. So here is the upgraded T3:

The Design

I had to have a hard look at the Rockoh, Jetrax and Axalara and try and separate them into vehicle types as I felt the Rockoh and Axalara were too similar and this design does still look like the Axalara. However I think I found vehicle types that worked, the Rockoh is a large jetbike, the Jetrax is a “podracer” type vehicle and the Axalara is a Jet/Gun ship type vehicle. The difficulty here came in that they’re all futuristic and so working out what they were wasn’t too easy.

The Pilot

Not much has changed on Pohatu but a lot of the parts from Bionicle in the later years are not available so the Barraki armor is used a lot. The mask was inspired from an LDD Phantoka moc but modified but overall the pilot isn’t the focus at all, let’s get to the fun part…

Changes and Features

• Added 2 Zamor launchers.
  • Added 3 Windshields.
  • Added Control Panel.
  • Added additional thrusters on back and on wings.
  • All original functions from the original set are INCLUDED, by turning the central thruster, the wings flip out/fold in and by pulling two small black levers on the sides of the seat the zamors will fire.
  • Pilot can attach to handlebars.
  • Small grip handle on bottom that can be used as a stand/grip.

Pilot Seat interior view.

Control panel and handlebars, note the black levers on either side 2 studs long.

Conclusion

To be honest, it still looks like the Axalara a bit but It does reminisce of the original Rockoh, I was a little disappointed with that fact but looking at the Rockoh with brutal honesty, the front is a gearbox and single zamor launcher contained in a box so I feel like this moc has at least looks less like a simple box. At the end of the day it looks really cool and I love the pilot seat, windshields and control panel.

As always, comments and criticism are welcome :smiley:
The other T-series will be upgraded…

eventually…

63 Likes

This looks amazing.

2 Likes

There is nothing about this that I don’t like

1 Like

Dude this is absolutely epic.

2 Likes

itz gud!

2 Likes

Wow, this is really cool!

NOW MAKE IT IN REAL LIFE

2 Likes

“Cries in the 1321 parts of which the fairing panels are not available in dark green”.

Oh yeah it’s possible buuuuuuuut money. Time. Later mebbe.

Would you settle for the jetrax and axalara?

2 Likes

Dude, this is phenomenal

2 Likes

Isn’t it possible to make an instruction booklet with ldd stuff? I know it’s kinda weird and faulty, but it works for the most part, right?
If so, could you make some instructions?

Also on the pic where you photoshopped in the background, make the rockah’s temperature colder (not physically, the photoshop term of course) to match the background

2 Likes

Personally I miss the cube-with-rockets-strapped-to-it look of the original, but I can’t fault the craftsmanship of the build.

1 Like

@Samtastictogo I burnt the silver parts a bit to make them more visible and a little on Pohatu, as far as I know yes but I currently do not have the time to do this but perhaps I shall, depends if you have enough parts :smiley:

@Payinku I’m not hating on the cube with rockets strapped to it, I was being honest about it from a design viewpoint, I personally think the weapon firing mechanism of the Rockoh is genius.

I like the moc a lot - those windshields are a nice touch.

2 Likes

Thought having one on a jetbike would be too simple, I wanted a futuristic Bionicle-y style.

1 Like

Gotta go fast!

Great work!

1 Like

It goes much faster, Now with all new and improved engines!