Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

Don’t most people think this?

2 Likes

It’s now trendy to retrospectively dislike once popular movies.

5 Likes

Why not? The first movie was very accurate to the book.

And yes, I want a Magician’s Naphew movie so badly. And a Horse and His Boy movie. Those were may favourite out of the books.

1 Like

I was making a joke because the first movie isn’t based off of the first book.

2 Likes

Considering that The Lion Which, and Wardrobe was the first book the be written, but not the first one in the order of the story, it makes sense to me.

3 Likes

OK, I know that what I am going to say is not an unpopular opinion, but I just watched the movie and I need to post my opinion somewhere so…
The Greatest Showsman is a fantastic piece of cinematic wonder. I absolutely loved it. Yes, if I would make a list of my favourite movies it would not be above Infinity War or Marry Poppins Returns, but I loved it anyway. I am almost disappointed that Hugh Jackman is rarely leaving the Wolverine role for other movies. Almost.

1 Like

The Swan Princess is an amazing underrated movie. It was probably my all time favorite movie as a child. Now, after re-watching it, I realize that this movie really needs more attention then it gets. I feel like the only reason it’s so underrated is because it was not made by Disney. Other than that, this is probably the most classic non-Disney animated movie ever.

I know Ive said this before I think, but this is just my unpopular opinion, but I think this is an amazing piece of art, that overly glorifies a true evil man. Yes, I know that The Greatest Showman wasn’t supposed to be historical, but the fact that they paint P. T. Barnum as such a great guy is terrible. The real P. T. Barnum was manipulative, and just a really bad guy, look him up if you want. What I’m saying is that although I think the movie itself is good, the fact that they made it is pretty bad IMO. I know this is a pretty unpopular opinion, but that’s why this topic exists.

2 Likes

Prometheus is the best alien movie in my opinion

I don’t really like Star Wars for the most part. Every single SW movie I’ve seen hasn’t been much more of a meh for me.

I do however absolutely love the Clone Wars cartoon.

4 Likes

This I can 110% agree with. Unless we’re talking '03, still haven’t taken the time to watch those…

2 Likes

I am not into Star Wars a lot either, but I don’t think any of them is “meh”.

I think the Clone Wars era of the Star Wars series is way better than the “Original” ers.

3 Likes

Like, as in Prequels VS OG’s?

Not just the prequels, but that time period in the story. I think that portion of the Star Wars story is a lot more interesting than what happens in the original trilogy part of the story.

5 Likes

I actually agree

2 Likes

Clone Wars was scaring the crap out of me when I was a child.

1 Like

Like the Clone Wars Era has all the best characters and events.

General Grievous, Ahsoka Tano, Obi Wan, and Hondo Ohnaka. Not to mention the sepretist droid legion is a thousand times more awesome and interesting than the storm trooper army.

(Mild profanity warning on the video)

Remember, no double pooosts~
~Hawkeye

3 Likes

I’m inclined to agree, just because of how much more is actually going on pre-Empire. You’ve got the Jedi Order at its peak, the Separatists, the clone army, the Sith behind the scenes, and the politics coinciding with it too.

However, I personally am more fond of the “original” era because I think it has the superior aesthetic, or at least the aesthetic I prefer between the two. The Clone War era is very clean, sleek, and built-up, very futuristic, but the “original” era is much more leaning towards a dirty, old, scrappy kind of style.

If I had to use an analogy, Clone Wars is like the Millennium Falcon when it was brand new. The original era is more like the Falcon in the new trilogy, and I really like futuristic things that are old and dirty, and they’ve got pipes and bolts and bulk.

1 Like

You got space wizards or space space wizards vs robots. Personally I like space wizards vs robots but it’s understandable why you would prefer the other.