Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

So, the first topic was too broad and was killed, so a second one was made purely about Lego. But I wanted to make a topic where I have so many opinions about movies that I could make a huge list of them. Here are a few:

• I actually like Jar Jar Binks. Same goes for the Pre-Trilogy as a whole.

• I didn’t like the Greatest Showman, though I’m not sure how unpopular that is because my friends only have good things to say about it.

• I liked Ninjago Movie, except the ending.

• My favorite Pirates of the Caribbean is the second one.

• I think Iron Man 3 was the best Iron Man, and that I is not that cool.

• Toby Maguire was my least favorite Spider-Man, and I thought 2 was boring.

• I did not care for Wonder Woman.

That’s all I have for now, but what are your unpopular opinions about movies?

3 Likes

I dislike most movies, and my family dislikes that I dislike most movies.

3 Likes

I didn’t think IT (2017) was scary.

I saw the movie with someone I know and we were going in with two different ideas of what we wanted, I wanted something with more tension and suspense, while they wanted more of a jump-scare fest. By the end of the movie neither of us were satisfied, in fact I remember at one “scary scene” I broke out laughing because of how stupid it was.

I like The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies.

9 Likes

Hey, so did I!

1 Like

So did I. Heck, its probably my favorite of the three.

2 Likes

@Morgy That makes me a little sad. Any movies you do like?

@Renegadespark I find anything with clowns scary.

@Leoxander @TheMOCingbird I did too! Another unpopular opinion!

1 Like

Mine is actually the third, but I like 2 and 3 better than I like 1, actually.

1 Like

Live action Batman is kinda lame.

I have a hard time taking live action superhero movies seriously, with only a couple exceptions. (Iron Man, Hulk and the first two Spiderman movies.)

2 Likes

I enjoyed Tomb Raider (the reboot) a lot.
My favorite POTC movie is the second movie.
I liked Rouge One the best out of every disney SW movie.

5 Likes

I think temple of doom is the best Indiana Jones movie

1 Like

Same here!

5 Likes

yes, john from Indiana is a swell fellow

Anyway, the fourth transformers movie was good imo. Every other one sucked, although I liked them when I was little

2 Likes

whoops better fix that…

I quite liked most of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

3 Likes

Your Name wasn’t a masterpiece or a god tier movie. To me it was an average anime movie with a decent track and great animation but the plot and pacing overall was a bit lacking

Thor: The Dark World is not a bad movie, or a sub-par movie, or even just an ok movie. It’s a good movie. And better than Ragnarok.

I also hate Toby McGuire as Spider-Man and Michael Keaton as Batman. Just because they did it first doesn’t mean they did it right. Fight me.

Also, Jack Sparrow is the main character of the Pirates of the Caribbean films. I find that people who dislike the sequels tend not to understand this.

I’ve seen essays written about this and agree wholeheartedly. None of the five films may be masterpieces, but they’re not the worst things ever created like some would have you believe.

1 Like

Agreed.

Strongly disagreed, but I just loved Ragnarok.

Thank you for this, I’m not the only one! Though I haven’t seen Michael Keaton as Batman. I really liked him as Vulture however.

Agreed. Will Turner had all the spotlight he needs in the first one. Legolas himself is enough coolness for Orlando Bloom.

1 Like

I actually cried at the end of Death Man Tell No Tales.

1 Like

I like the hobbit, LOTR, Harry Potter, Star wars (All of them), and a few disney movies.

2 Likes