Warhammer 40k: One Thousand Ways to Die

The sleek Dark Star, a Space Marine strike cruiser, exited the Warp at LR-4728. The fleet also contained a few ships for the 126th Imperial Guard. From their exit, they could see the full system. The snowy, cold capitol world Regal, the slightly less so Miridem, the industrial Titanus, the forested world Rak Tann, the refinery that was Draculus, and the remote paradise Gahlogali lay there before them. Rak Tann had been the place of the first assault, and it was where the Adeptus Sororitas fought tooth and nail alongside the local militias to repel the Orks.

“Admiral Jasper, my team is ready to deploy.” Dambro said as he marched on to the bridge of the vessel flanked by two Space Marines.

“Take the Thunderhawks to Rak Tann. Your duty however is to take the Administratum official to see Governor Pierce on Regal.”

“Sir! Ork ships are closing, contacts to starboard and approaching rapidly.” An officer reported.

“Dambro, head to Rak Tann while they are out of range. Emperor be with you.” Jasper said. Dambro nodded as the Skullpuncherz Space Hulk could be seen looming over Rak Tann.

“By the Emperor…” Dambro whispered as he left.

Canoness Sky Stalvern fought bravely at the fort she had established weeks ago in Tizakann, the capitol city of Rak Tann. Masses of green could be seen approaching in the streets as she reloaded her shotgun. “Grace! How is our ammunition, sister?” Sky called through her vox into the fort as their Chimera shot down an Ork Blitzbomba. Grace hurriedly said a prayer to the spirit within her weapon before responding.

“We will last several days before the… Scary… filthy Xenos can come close to exhausting our supplies.” Grace replied.

“Sister, these Xenos are not to be feared. We will purge them like we drove the Tau and Traitors from Gahlogali, with their tails between their fish legs!” Sky said proudly. Grace nodded.

“I’m just an apothecary however, I cannot fight.” Grace replied. Sky frowned.

“Just know that there is nothing to fear. The Emperor is with us as he has always been.” Sky said.

Dambro stood as the chaplain of his Company finished blessing them before battle. Soon, they were headed to their Thunderhawk.

@Winterstorm345
@RuthlessSkate94
@German
@Deathworks235

1 Like

Winter paces in his transport ship, “Men, when the Space marines clear us a zone, we’re going down into the thick of it, we need to be quick about this, or Cadia might be lost before we can get back”

2 Likes

Sky downed Ork after Ork with members of the local militia, but then they began to fall one after the other.

“The forward defenses are collapsing, sister!” Grace informed. Just then, a Thunderhawk soared overhead,shooting at Orks, turning them into red mists. It landed in an unoccupied section of the fortress, dropping off the Crimson Fists who went to work reinforcing the walls.

Captain Dambro marched forward. “You are the Canoness?” Dambro called to Sky.

“Yes, that is I, brother.” Sky said, running over.

“I am Captain Dambro, Crimson Fists Seventh Company. The Guard requires a landing zone.” Dambro shouted, firing into the retreating Orks

“They may land here. We will push the Orks the best we can.” Sky nodded. She looked to her other sisters. “Charge! Push them back!” Sky roared.

1 Like

The Guard dropships scream overhead, as they come to rest in the cleared Zone, General Winter walks off first, closely followed by Colour Sargent Miller. Behind him Salvund’s 4th company (@German) Disembarks “Double time!” he shouts, “We need a base of operations stat!”

2 Likes

Xavier nods as he hops off the ship.

2 Likes

Winter’s eyes narrow, “This army for a commissar right now, I can never tell when soldiers aren’t up to the task, it’s why I’m not a Commisar myself” He looks at Miller,

“I know sir, you’ve explained this”

“Right then, we should speak to the Chaptermaster”

2 Likes

Dambro continues the charge with his Crimson Fists, killing Ork after Ork.

All of a sudden, a Killa Kan emerged from a street. He called the Thunderhawk on his vox.

“Dorn’s beard, we need our Dreadnoughts, brother!” Dambro called. The Imperial vehicle once again swerved, hastily returning to the compound as the Ork mek stomped forward to their lines.

“Do not break! Our assistance is near!” Dambro shouted as thunderous stomps could be felt in the ground on both sides. “Show these Orks that Rynn’s World was but a catastrophe, that if there were no traitors in our midst, the greenskins would be slaughtered!”

“Cleanse! Purge! Kill!” A Space Marine roared from a Dreadnought, the heavy bolter ripping the Ork vehicle to shreds.

“The Company Captain is busy. Would you like to know of the situation rather than rush into the battle?” Sky asked.

2 Likes

Winter turns, “Ah, sister, I apologise, I did not know you would be deployed, yes, please describe the situation with all due haste, our armoured Regiment seems a little delayed unfortunately”

2 Likes

“The Orks arrived a few weeks ago, as you know. They came in that Space Hulk to Rak Tann. Sure, this system is a Knight system, but the Nobles refuse to fight the Orks. It is heresy but my forces were not equipped with weapons to deal with their machines. Even the Governor urges them to battle but they will not heed the call to arms.” Sky explained. “If we can push them from this city, we can have a moment to find out how to deal with the Xenos.” Sky said.

2 Likes

“Had I my Shadowsword’s, those traitors would burn next to the Orks, tell me of our enemy” He said, as his Infantry streamed out of Dropships in their thousands

2 Likes

“They have deployed several mechs in the past hour to break us. Some had reached us and slain many of those under my command. But they were not even large. Their Gorkanauts have been sighted not far off, and farther yet are Squiggoths.” Sky informed. “We have had no way of dealing with them.” She added.

Captain Dambro came over after his men had driven off the attack. “I do not know when the Dark Star will be able to bestow vehicles upon my men. But until then, I have twin Tactical Dreadnoughts.” He reported.

2 Likes

“What of the Beast leading this horde, have we any intelligence?” Winter says with a curt nod of respect towards the Captain

2 Likes

“I wish for nothing more than to right the wrongs of Rynn’s World through the blood of the filthy xeno Greenskins.” Dambro cursed.

“He is on that Hulk. The biggest ork down here has been making threats over vox and it’s getting quite annoying.” Sky said.

2 Likes

“Well, I gladly offer what little tanks I have” He says as his pitiful armoured company disembarks, 10 Chimeras, 3 Gorgons, 7 Hydras, 6 Leman Russ battle tanks and one solitary Earthshaker, “We took a beating at Cadia”

He looks over at their assembled base camp, all that was missing was the tents (Which Guard carry I believe) “Fourth Company, Captain Slavund, to me”

2 Likes

Xavier runs over to him. “Yes sir?”

2 Likes

“I’m sending your men through the city, you’ll be preforming a street to street expulsion of the xenos, understood? Vox 5th, and 6th companies, they are to accompany you”

2 Likes

Xavier salutes. “Yes sir!”

2 Likes

“That is most unfortunate, General.” Dambro nodded. “The Dark Star is packed. Whirlwinds and some Land Raiders.” Dambro said.

“Most of our vehicles were lost in the initial assault. We just have some Rhinos, most are transports converted into tanks. That Hydra is out last actual tank.” Sky said

2 Likes

Winter nods, giving the man leave (To go start his task)

“Captain, I am going to request control over the local PDF” he says to Dambro

(K)

(Wot, A chimera is a transport)
“We’ll do what we must”

2 Likes

“Granted.” Said Dambro

“I sent out several teams to scout, others to hold key positions in the city. They were a thousand strong, but the Orks have no doubt whittled them down to but a hundred. They might have rhinos that have been converted to combat roles courtesy of Grace.” Sky said.

1 Like