What is your favorite Rock/metal/Metallica/alternative/adult alternative/etc song or band?

still confused about why “Metallica” is included as a genre.

Looks like it’s been a few years since my last post. My tastes have gotten heavier, I’ve been listening to a lot more metalcore bands like Fit For a King, Norma Jean, August Burns Red, and Phinehas. My main standouts are Blue Stahli (still) and Fair to Midland, which are electronic rock and folk-influenced rock, respectively.

2 Likes

My 14 year old self didn’t really know how to properly classify genres. I promise you I’ve improved in that since then :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My friends got me into Galneryus. Reminds me of something id hear in a final fantasy game. Id love to animate fight scenes to their music. Or just use it in in a stop motion in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcLZiECj1Xk

what counts as alt rock

Maybe rock that deviates from some of the hallmarks of the rock genre? For example I listen to post rock which while having key components like electronic guitar, drums it differs in that it is often ambient with no lyrics. So perhaps that’s an example?

Post rock is great. Well, most of the time.

As for @Winger asking about what counts as alt rock, I don’t even know at this point, the genre is incredibly broad at this point and it’s an easy catch all for like any non-classic approach to rock music

1 Like

TOOL anybody?

It’s been a long time since I’ve really been into TOOL, but I have a handful of their songs on my drum practice shuffle.

1 Like