WIP project, request feedback and ideas from all MOC magicians on here

Hello there you lovely people

I have for the past couple of weeks been working on a MOC that I’m feeling very, very proud of. I have, unfortunately, reached that point that I think most of us can relate to when you have created a part of a MOC that you are so happy with that everything you try to add on to it looks kind of crappy. I’m gonna show you some pictures of what I have so far, and then I’ll discuss what my problems are at the end.

See you downstairs!

Hope you enjoyed!

Okay, so what I have in mind is:

• As you probably could see, the MOC has no legs. I have always found the legs and feet to be the most difficult part to build, as they must be able to support the MOC while still look cohesive with the rest of the body. Also, as this MOC’s arms are quite beefy, I’m going to have to match that bulk in the legs. The image I have in my head is legs with triple articulation - similar design to both the Umarak sets. Does anybody have any pictures of larger MOCs that use this leg design? Do you think that it is the best leg design for this MOC or do you think that “normal” legs would fit better? Or something completely different, like spider legs or make it like a centaur?

• Head. The second part that I often get stuck on. I would most like to have a custom head, as I often think that many of the Kanohi masks are kind of linked to a character and his or her traits. This can be a bit annoying when trying to create an original character. Same question here as with the legs; does anyone have any good custom head design ideas that might fit here?

• If you have any remarks on the MOC so far, let me know! I’m open for discussion and I’m very interested in what you have to say!

Really appreciate any feedback, would buy you a beer if I could. Unless you are underage. Then you can have a cola.

Thanks!
//

61 Likes

So awesome!

1 Like

I think it might be better if you lengthen the body a bit first, the arms seem quite long in ratio to the body.

also I don’t think trippel jointed legs will be the best choice since you are going for a bulky look.

But those are just my thoughts

1 Like

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooly crap! This is amazing! Absolutely amazing! And I’m sure the finished product will be even more so.

4 Likes

As for the head, I always found that the most fun part to build. the fact you only need one ball socket or joint (or whatever else) at the end instead of two on opposite ends leaves a lot of freedom. I’d say take a bigger piece like a foot or something and experiment with different part-combinations.

It’s most fun if the head at least has your personality in it, no?

2 Likes

It looks really awesome so far. The only advice i can give is to try with different ideas and see what you like.

1 Like

I love the look, it screams Karzahni to me, I hope you can get it finished.

2 Likes

There are three problems I see right away:

1. Torso is short
  2. Skinny shoulder connection things
  3. Why is this amazingness not finished yet? XD

But yeah, small porportion issues but otherwise really nice.

1 Like

Looks like it’s turning into some type of humongous jungle shaman. Sort of reminds me of both Witch Doctor and Umarak the Hunter as well.
That being said, I’d suggest keeping the core design more “natural” or animalistic, and agree that digitigrade legs would best help pull off the overall look. However, I disagree with the idea of the torso being too short, and instead suggest that it actually needs a larger hip stucture, preferably one that can be built off of the already preexisting joints so that it also has a measure of waist articulation.

3 Likes

the single ball joint connection between the upper and lower arms looks a bit fragile and out of place. you might want to think about covering up the elbows. A great way of doing this would be elbow pads, which would probably make posing a little easier and give the arms some strength. Other than that, everything looks good.

2 Likes

Keep the body the shame but add really long arms and legs?

1 Like

@Toa_Vladin @Darknova3529 @MaxinePrimal @Huichelaar @Wheatley @SteampunkTahu @Omega_Tahu @Timageness @Zero @zenomorph4

Thanks guys, really appreciate the feedback! Since I created the topic, I have made an BrickLink order with some really nice, hopefully fitting pieces in it. I will consider all your input and hope I can present a good MOC for y’all sometime in the future.

Also, I noticed that this topic got put on the frontpage of the message boards. Holy crap.

7 Likes

I would recommend taking the current torso and treating it as an upper body (meaning a lower body/waist will still need to be built). I feel like that would help even things out, and maybe make it easier for you to build legs that fit.

If you can incorporate waist articulation, that would be even better.

1 Like

I really like the shaping of this.

1 Like

I really like it a lot. I’m no Moc expert, but I think the legs should be created with stability in mind first, and then armored. Maybe try using ratchet joints for the knees? No idea if it would actually work, but it may be worth considering.

1 Like

Did anyone else see Karzahni with this MOC? with the chains on the arms? Maybe I’m just weird.

1 Like

The arms are a bit too big. Besides that the torso is very good

1 Like

I think that instead of beefing up the legs, you should change the arms.

1 Like

Perhaps you could do something snake-like instead of ordinary or digitigrade legs? Of course, that might just be my recent obsession with Medusa and Lamias coming out, but something about the beginnings of this MOC screams serpentine to me. Also really loving the colors on this, green and silver go well together. Can’t wait to see the finished MOC and keep up the great work!

2 Likes

I feel ya buddy

1 Like