Worst/most pointless characters?

So this isn’t about the sets, its about the characters themselves. Who is the worst/most pointless Bionicle character in everyone’s opinion? This is going to be for G1 cause everybody knows all the skull villains sucked characterwise. At least in my opinion. Not much comes to my mind for me when I think of who is the worst, so what do you guys think?

7 Likes

Mavrah was a complete waste of time.
That book in general was a complete waste of time.

2 Likes

The Bohrok-Kal. Aside from introducing the Vahi, their whole arc wasn’t really much more than filler.

4 Likes

Berix. Other than poorly baiting the audience into thinking that he was the traitor, he served no real purpose. Maybe a source of comic relief for those with a poor sense of humor.

10 Likes

Any of the Agori besides Metus was meaningless way to replace Matoran and Turaga who already had years of development.

3 Likes

#EVERY SINGLE 2009 CHARACTER EXCEPT THE IMPORTANT ONES.

But at least the sets were cool.

6 Likes

Well, judging by your metrics here one could say

Every Bionicle character except the important ones.

So maybe you should be a little more precise :stuck_out_tongue:.

10 Likes

I’m with @Altair; define important

4 Likes

Click the beetle. Didn’t need to exist but did anyway.

4 Likes

@Altair @Rockho
The Matoran served a purpose, even if they weren’t important.
The Agori/Glatorian that weren’t important were kinda just there

5 Likes

My point.

I found the Bohrok Kal kinda pointless. Sure their powers were kinda cool, but they felt like filler for the Mask of Light arc.

5 Likes

Always thought the Bohrok Va were pointless. They were mindless scouts and messengers for the Bohrok and the Bohrok Kal. They had little purpose outside of their supporting role.

4 Likes

I find tahu being used pointless, like what important things did he ever do?
/s

3 Likes

Lead the Toa Mata, protected the Matoran, attempted to get the Mask of Life, helped awaken Mata Nui, took on Makuta, bore the golden armor and killed all the Rahkshi distracting Teridax and giving Mata Nui his opening to kill him, and most important of all, giving Takua a close enough view.

2 Likes

Think you may have missed something.

8 Likes

Tuma and Sidorak both irk me for the same reason. I don’t mind puppet villains so long as they convince me(Bane from the Dark Knight Rising’s a good example), but these two didn’t do anything before being dispatched by their respective manipulators.

They were played up in media, but not so much in tangible story so it came off like the Bionicle team was trying to fool the audience rather than the in-universe characters. Sure, optimally you’d trick both the audience and the characters, but if you’re only going to do one, do so in universe. IMO it should be a surprise that the big bad was being puppeteered, otherwise they weren’t an effective pawn to start with.

I’m not sure if that gets my point across well, but hopefully you see what I mean. They didn’t make any real impression as villains, so it just felt like they were in-and-out puppets with 19.99 pricetags.

7 Likes

Now that I look back with your perspective, I can see how initially Tuma’s presence was played up, but almost right afterwards, there was already gossip going around in Bara Magna about a traitor and most could probably predict that Tuma wasn’t going to play as much as a big role as he was presented. And with Roodaka and Sidorak, you could probably tell who was cleverer based on their dialogue, and also the fact that Roodaka arguably had the most influence on Vakama (and even more screentime in the movie as well as an appearance before 05 in Nidhiki’s origin story!)

4 Likes

Gadunka always disappointed me.

It’s just a mindless sea creature that got made bigger for no real reason, which then spooks the Toa for about two seconds.

And to think I could have been given Maxilos or Hydraxon instead… :’(

4 Likes

Defilak is pretty high up there. He gets pretty much zero characterization and is in a pretty small amount of one book.

Also, an honorable mention goes to the Hydruka, Rahi that actually got names. Why the heck did Thulox get a name, but not Jaller’s Gukko?

4 Likes