Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Yin and Yang

Jeff jumps out of the tree, rolled up and kept following, having not heard the rumors of the place.

“Jeff, don’t!” Blaze yells in vain. He runs in after him. “I’m the impulsive one here, and then I have to go in there to save you hide. I guess this is getting even for the times you’ve saved my hide.” He sees the carvings of the Millennium Items and then both of them found themselves in the catacombs. There was a set of pillars nearby a door.

Jeff slowed, inspecting the door with intrigue.

Blaze looks at the door. “I advise not touching it.” He says, his gut telling him to get the karzahni out of this place.

Jeff kicks a rock at the door.

It makes a ringing thoom! There was supposed to be a cave wall there but it sounded like the doors had something behind them. A quiet but advancing sound like a heartbeat sounded from everywhere, becoming more and more rapid as it continued. There was a rush of cold wind from the tunnel they entered through. The world went black and when they could see again, there was the sense of a dark and evil presence in the room. “Okay, now we need to get out of here.” Blaze said, being on the verge of panic.

“This feels…wrong. Like we can’t escape as easily as just leaving.”

“Watch me!” He says as he sprints to the tunnel. He gets thrown back by a force field of sorts. There is a creaking sound and the doors open. A dark figure walks through into the room, which begins to fill with a shadowed mist. “You children should know better than to wander these grounds, for here is a gate to many realms. Perhaps you should meet the residents of one of these worlds.” He says as two arrows fly from the darkness behind him. Each landing near where the boys stood. “Do you believe in ghost stories?” He sees Blaze’s fear in the boy’s eyes. “Good, because today you are in one!” He reveals his left arm and on it was a Duel Disk. It activated. Both Blaze and Jeff’s disks react. “Now who shall be my first victim? Perhaps the little fire spitter should be the first of my prey.” the man’s own shadow begins to snake its way towards Blaze who is desperately trying to find a light source and climb up the walls.

OOC: What do you do?

Jeff gets between them, taking his deck out of his case and putting it in his disk. “I’m not going to get shafted that easily.”

He hears a snap as the shadow approaches. Looking down would reveal that the shadow has linked with his own. “Your compassion is your weakness!” He yells as his mask glows with an ominous orange light. The gate closes and he draws his cards. “Prepare yourself, you will find this to be a rather…unique Duel.” He draws his five cards and declares he will go first. “I play Terraforming, allowing me to add one Field Spell from my deck to my hand.” He does so and shuffles his deck. “next I shall play one monster in Set position and one Facedown, your turn.” He says. The Lifepoints of each are 4000.

OOC: Trust system.

OOC: So no YGOPro? Ok.

IC: Jeff draws his cards as well. He looks at them, before playing a spell. “First, I play Scrapyard to get one Scrap Tuner…” He holds up a Scrap Goblin. “…and add it to my hand.” He then normal summons a monster. “Scrap Shark, go!” He says as the monster bursts out of the ground. “Then I special summon Scrap Orthros with is effect, destroying Scrap Shark in the process, activating his effect, sending Scrap Searcher to the scrapyard with him!” The cards do as they’re supposed to. “Then I end.” He says.

“Draw.” He says. “I activate Gates of Dark World!” He plays it and the gates behind him glow. “Next I activate Dark Scheme, you can discard one card to negate it but if not we each discard two and raw two replacements.” The card activates.

OOC: Respond quickly.

1 Like

He discards the Scrap Goblin He drew earlier to negate.

1 Like

“Very well.” He says. “I will end my turn.” He says.

OOC: Respond quickly please. Sorry but GTG, I have work until around 2200 MST. We shall pick it up then?

2 Likes

He draws. “First, I summon Scrap Chimera! He allows me to bring Scrap Goblin back from the Scrapheap!” Scrap Chimera arrived on the field, raising his wing to reveal Goblin in defense. “Then, four and four are eight. I tune Scrap Orthros and Scrap Chimera to Synchro Summon. Rise from the scrapheap, Scrap Dragon!” He yells at a normal volume as the two tune into a mass of scrap, when the wings unfurled to reveal the dragon. “Draconic Rust Breath!” The rust hit both Scrap Goblin and facedown monster. “Then Scrap Goblin’s effect, letting me add Scrap Chimera back to my hand! Now Scrap Dragon, attack directly!”

OOC: ye.

OOC: how much damage is that?

IC: The figure is thrown back into the Gates behind him. He gets up, “Looks like this one is strong.” He mutters under his breath then says, “What say you to joining me? I swear that I will not attack you or your friend if you do. You have a great destiny before you; come with me and I can guide you on the path you are fated to walk.” He offers. Blaze tries to move but finds himself frozen in fear. This is just a bad dream, I will wake up tomorrow and find nothing involving this place happened. Blaze thought to himself, trying to quell his fear.

OOC: I think we can get one more turn in for the dark figure before calling it a night. Unless you have some little interruption to cancel the Duel in mind. (@Runa)

1 Like

OOC: 2800.

Jeff looks him dead in the eye. “No. You’ve attacked and threatened us already. And besides, if I’m fated to walk a path, then I won’t need guiding. Now it’s your turn.”

“You have sealed your fate!” He draws and smiles. There is that heartbeat again, “I open the Gates of Dark World!” A card from his Graveyard flies into a slot up top, the gates open and he throws a card in then draws a card. “My Field Spell lets me Banish one Fiend from my grave, discard a Fiend from my hand and draw one card.” The gates open and a large figure stands in it, “Because he was discarded from hand to grave, I can special summon Silva, The Warlord of Dark World in Defense mode!” The great monster walks through and kneels in a defensive position. His DEF rises from 1400 to 1700. “Next, I set one monster and two facedowns and end my turn.” He says. Blaze remembers this deck and the one who owned it. Still a nightmare. he kept repeating in his mind.

OOC: gonna have to pause for a while, life in general. Sorry.

Jeff draws. “First, I set a card. Then, I summon Scrap Chimera in attack, using his effect to bring Scrap Goblin back again. Then, three and four are seven, so I tune Scrap Goblin and Scrap Chimera to Synchro Summon Scrap Archfiend!” Due to The Gates of Dark World, he gains 300 attack as well due to his fiend typing, bringing it up to 3000. “Now, Scrap Dragon, Draconic Rust Breath!” The facedown on Jeff’s field was destroyed, as was Silva, The Warlord of Dark World. “Now, Archfiend, attack his facedown monster!”

Nick appears next to blaze
OOC: he walked up just to specify.