20-Year Anniversary Set?

Hey, CCBS is already 10 years old too! And Ninjago also! Where will be the party? :partying_face: :stuck_out_tongue:

As for anniversary set, I really liked Sokoda’s one, but LEGO obviously did not. Also some buildable mask (Ignika, Hau) or GSR would be nice ideas. Rerelasing old set is weird, because if rereleasing one, the rerelease them all. Also, something like and advent calendar in Star Wars would be interesting. 5 small items per year, 45 items total, for example (and there could be Masks!). Also they could’ve released Mask of Ultimate Power and Mask of Time from G2. So those were some random thoughts.

7 Likes

Honestly, I would really like a JTO Makuta set with all the parts to finish its component sets (so I can finish my Ikir and UtD) and the Mask of Ultimate Power, similar to Kardas, Voporak, or Ultimate Dume.

I’ve been able to make a decent recreation using only Ikir and UtD, alongside some parts from other sets I already own, and I would like to have the real thing, 100% accurate, in my hands one day.

4 Likes

I would want a brick built map of mata nui, one that could be hung on walls, as well as minifigure versions of the toa mata.

6 Likes

What about Bionicle Minifig Blind Bags? Exclusive mini-figures of the most iconic characters from the theme, the Toa Mata, Makuta, Mata Nui, Krakua, etc. Sounds a bit more plausible for LEGO to release those in honor of Bionicle’s 20th Anniversary. And a throwback to Bionicle’s original roots with the Kanohi and Krana blind bags.

3 Likes

while I would love minifig toa, I am personally wishing for a CCBS stars-ish set (or sets?) of the toa mata with new takes on their old masks and toa tools.

3 Likes

I imagine it would take some explaining on Lego’s part, so that the casual consumer would know what the GSR really is. But yeah, it could be done with Lego’s current arsenal of parts.

Ah, yes. The one and only Solek. The single, most beloved set in the entire Bionicle community. The set that will sell out faster than the 501st battle pack should Lego give it a rerelease.

And if it were in solid gold, then I imagine it would go for hefty amounts on eBay. :stuck_out_tongue:

Which reminds me of this topic you made a while back…

As does almost anybody in the Bionicle community…

Wow. I can’t believe I forgot about that.

I’ve had that exact idea in the past. Although, redesigning Bionicle figures in minifigure form would be a pretty risky gamble.

3 Likes

ahem

3 Likes

it does definitely seem like lego is trying to meet us constraction fans halfway to some degree recently, with stuff like the minecraft bigfigs, the demon bull king (the original large version and the smaller one), the monkey king warrior mech, and those new superhero mechs that can almost function as standalone figures.

It doesn’t seem out of the question that lego would go a similar route if they were to make a celebratory bionicle set.

also I personally think that a character like tahu would sell better than the great spirit robot because tahu is far more likely to be recognized by the average joe who never really got into the lore and just “had the red one” as a kid.

it would appeal to both the core fans and the nostalgic casuals.

sure, a great spirit robot set would be cool, but a brick built tahu would be a much more realistic thing to expect imo. (if we were to get a set at all that is)

2 Likes

Have you ever considered the fact that BIONICLE’s 10th anniversary was the first year since its inception that there were not BIONICLE sets?

I’ve never seen LEGO to really celebrate milestones for its original IPs. Brand-wide milestones, yes, notable years in its licenses (i.e. Star Wars) somewhat. But consider the 30th anniversary of LEGO space, one of the earliest and longest lasting “themes” that’s actually a concept lasting multiple themes, and we got a statue of a classic spaceman used as the macguffin of a Space Police III set. (And as far as I’m aware, nothing at all for the 40th.)

6 Likes

make the mask of ultimate power

2 Likes

Whatever happened to the Lego ideas poll?

Until now, nothing we know of. We’ll know when the set is officially announced. So at some unknown time the coming year.

1 Like

Probably around February, since that was when the poll was held. That would coincide with the 1 year anniversary of the poll.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that it won’t be Bionicle.

I mean, I’m glad that Lego is commencing a product like this at all, and when the set is released, I will most likely buy it, since I am a longtime Lego fan. Do I want it to be a Bionicle set? Of course I do! But after the huge disappointment that was Sokoda’s Ideas set’s rejection, I don’t think Lego is going to produce a commemorative Bionicle set like that. Some folks might say this…

…and they’re right, I suppose. But behind every pessimist, there is a disappointed optimist, and I am that disappointed optimist.

1 Like

Given how much LEGO’s marketing has shifted so much toward 18+ “Adult” sets, there is no way it is going to be Bionicle. The most “Adult” thing they could pull out of this poll would be maybe at best a large DC2 Castle, but that’s about it.
So yeah, not much reason to be optimistic, if you ask me.

1 Like

Sadly, I don’t think it will be BIONICLE. I bet we’re going to get a remake of that one yellow castle, which i believe is one of, if not the first lego castles.
It’ll probably be entirely in gold

2 Likes

Huh. That’ll be something.

2 Likes

It might not be, but just imagine all that gold. MmMmmmM GooOooLd

2 Likes

I still wish instead of a poll it was a fan submission of models themed around past ranges that sum up TLG’s History, I would have done a train with carriages referencing various ranges in their cargo. Oh well, nothing stopping people from building their own tribute models if Lego doesn’t make their theme of choice.

3 Likes

Lego was founded on August 10th 1932. So I think it’s more likely that it will be at least be July until the set is announced.

2 Likes