2015 sets -- better or worse than expected?

Surprisingly I know all the names, minus the vahki and the Visorak, thier names are just do intricate and annoying to memorize. Just remember, usually the clone sets start with the same letter as the corresponding Toa (this applied for bohrok and rahkshi) (well, except Nuvohk and Vorahk)

3 Likes

Heh, I always aimed to learn my clone sets names and you know wot m8s?
Bordakh his name was bordakh and he was a fine robot you know! (JK)
But seriously yup kurahk, turahk, vorahk, lerahk, bordakh, nuhvok… I dont blame you for not remembering them their names are kinda easy to forget.

2 Likes

I do, but that’s beside the point.

They were way better then what I expected. LEGO managed to fix everything I thought they were doing wrong with the HF system with these sets. With most of them (except Gali) they represent their Toa very nicely, and I love what they’ve done with Onua and Kopaka.

2 Likes

Compared to what Lego gave us with Hero Factory…these sets went way above my expectations for sure.

3 Likes

Yeah, they definitely show off some good potential for what Hero Factory could have been, had some improvements been made.

2 Likes

I’m just going to have to keep that quote. I’m certain that will be the case for many things in the coming years.

Anyways, I love them. They all have a lot to them;gear/head functions, dual function weapons, skull spiders, golden masks, and just really cool looking models.

1 Like

Speaking as someone not too fond of CCBS… I like them! I mean, Lewa is butt-ugly, but the others are all pretty great. Gali’s mask took some getting used to, but I think it works for her. And above all, I love that they brought back Gear Functions.

I took the liberty of simply rating each Toa set individually. Keep in mind that this is coming from someone that generally dislikes the CCBS system.

Pohatu: 4/10
Lewa: 5/10
Gali: 7/10
Onua: 7/10
Tahu: 8/10
Kopaka: 8/10

1 Like

I think they are better, I did not like the look of Gali’s mask in the prelim pictures but having it in hand I love it, gears are good the weapons are good (except for maybe Pohatu’s)

2 Likes

Now that we have more set pictures, we could revive this topic…

I’m pretty sure everyone will say “worse” this go round.

2 Likes

Scorpio was disappointing, but Basher and Grinder were awesome as I expected, and Warrior is actually really cool. Slicer is just “meh.” Overall, I’d say my opinion has seen a net improvement!

2 Likes

Neither better nor worse for the Summer Sets. I’ve learned in the past to not set my expectation of Lego high, and the summer sets were what I expected: not too bad, but too good either.

2 Likes

The summer sets are very disappointing compared to the winter sets.

1 Like

I never actually had any expectations other than “Ekimu better have the mask of Creation”, so I can’t really say whether they are better or worse.
But they are good.

(If you want a more…thought out…statement of what’s good and bad and why I like them, go here.)

2 Likes

A bit worse, but they’re okay.