2059: The Invasion

“Last one!” The judge sighed
@L.O.S.S-KAL

Bruce got up and followed her. “To see what was going on.”

“There’s too many people here for me to know all their names, especially when bunched together with all the rest of the sites.” He admitted, pulling up a map.

“So.” He starts. “First, we’ll have to transport it to Build Site: Venus for basic testing, mainly for the rockets. Then, the plan is to fire it from there. After launching, the rockets carrying it will return, one to Venus, two to Jupiter, and the last one to Neptune, out on the sea. By that point, it will be in orbit, stabilize itself, and be ready for defensive use.” He told Llillaa. “Do you see any flaws in it?” He asked, genuinely curious.

“You are all ignoring the whole problem of how vulnerable this city is. Are we of forgetting the Pariah? or the paradigm?”

On the other side the door was a salesman in a red coat, it’s face was incredibly difficult to focus on however, looking upon it would make the viewer want to look elsewhere. “Well hello there madam,” it said, “it was getting quite cramped in there,” he adds before reaching his hand out to shake her’s

“It’s a bit weak to the south, if I were to attack I’d come from there, before the project launched, so I could disable them. Time is our greatest weakness as well.”
Llillaa comments,
“Honestly we could use a “you” at every site to protect it.”

Katrina stepped back.
“What the heck are you doing in my pantry?”

“Hey, what’s going on honey.” Bruce said as he heard her and then saw it. “WOW” he said in shock. “Who are you?!” he asked it (@Holi)

「Danger Line」 followed up with a flurry of lightning fast attacks and waves, attempting to disperse the gas as it approached. She still held her breath, just to be safe however.

Kim backed a fair distance away with the rest of the crowd, knowing full well how these things went down.

“gotta find a door to enter, it was closest,” it replied with a shrug

The gas swirled around, avoiding most of the attacks. The few that did land, however, merely swirled the gas around.
“Silly girl…” came Toxin’s distorted voice.
“I don’t need to enter through the mouth.”
The gas swirled towards Carlie.

Katrina frowned. “Please leave.”
@Holi

The attacks wouldn’t be the worst of the effects though, rather the winds and pressure generated from the attacking which would hopefully serve to disperse the gas. Sure, Carlie couldn’t actually hit Toxin, but she can spread him out enough to ensure that he isn’t much of a threat.

The gas did thin out, preventing Toxin from reforming. He growled and swirled around the stand, trying to poison it

“but quickly hear me out,” he said, before vanishing next time she blinked, and reappearing on the table, "I can give you things beyond your wildest imagination "

The Stand, being a manifestation of the will power of the user, was pretty much immune to being poisoned.

Bruce turned back and was a bit…upset.
“Okay, get out!” Bruce told it.

Katrina turned around, startled. “Get out of my house before I get mad.”

He lets out a breath of air, almost like a half-laugh. “That would be useful. However, that’d take even more time.” He said. “Besides, once Meteor is in the upper stratosphere, it should be able to see for quite a while, and fire at anything coming at us all the way out to Jupiter without losing too much potency.” He comments.

1 Like

The being stirred a cup of coffee, looking disappointed, “I offer you everything only to be rejected, what is a salesman to do to earn a living in reality…” It muttered

1 Like

“GET OUT!” Bruce yelled.