3 Stars Prototypes from Rare UK Commercials

I don’t know for certain, but it’s extremely unlikely that these were ever intended to be the Stars.

For starters, the base frame is very clearly just Vastus recoloured. Nektann differs slightly by using clawed feet and Takanuva uses shorter biceps, but otherwise their frames are identical to Vastus’, even down to the upper torso being attached backwards.
Second, there are many, many parts which can’t physically be connected. As previously mentioned, Takanuva features floating armour and a Glatorian head, Tahu also shows off Stars armour being impaled into the side of standard-length bones and Nektann’s spine is a complete mess.
Thirdly, and perhaps most obviously, they all feature Stars armour that looks like it’s been stretched in Blender to absurd proportions. Tahu’s Hau and Nektann’s face appear similarly stretched to fit in their head pieces, looking even more ridiculous.

I think it’s very clear that these abominations were made by Nicktoons themselves. If you take a deeper look, you’ll find that they previously did Glatorian Legends commercials for Lego in the same style as these.
I can only imagine that Lego told them to make more commercials for the Stars and sent over their cgi files. The animators quickly realised how limited their articulation was, prompting them to rip a few bits off them, stretch them to the right size and hastily slap them on the frame of one of the already existing Glatorian models. With the models ready, all that was left to do was just chuck the models in the exact same background as their Glatorian commercials and narrate over the stiff animation.

10 Likes

do you know were we can find the glatorian commercials?

Right here.

2 Likes

thanks

oh I understand why now

1 Like

@Monopoly you can clearly see the smaller Stars armour pieces on Tahu’s arms aren’t the same shape / not fit for the Kardatoran body

these are prototypes no matter how cofused you are

@yoshiedude exactly

def’ was a last minute decision though

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

bruh no need to try and attack him personally if he disagrees with you

4 Likes

i’m just acknowledging his lack of logic here

no need to frame me just because i disagree with him

After the other video he sent its obvious these are not prototypes. I still stand by my theory about the stars though.

guys, they’re not prototypes

prototypes are developmental versions of a product or design before the finalized physical form is decided

the fact that the stars armor piece exists in this horrific mockup indicates they already figured out what they were doing with the sets before this 3d horrorscape existed, and therefore these cannot by definition be prototypes

likely they were the result of some poor people who saw images of the sets and wanted to get advertisements out early but had no idea how set scaling worked and thought this was good enough (it wasn’t)

these can’t be prototypes, no matter how sure you are

9 Likes

You really aren’t, though. If you were, there’d be no need to throw in the “no matter how confused you are” jab.

Besides, they seem to have a solid point.

If these animations were truly created entirely by Nicktoons, by taking the Agori-sized Stars sets and forcing them onto Glatorian bodies after the Stars were complete, then they aren’t prototypes.

7 Likes

to each their own conclusions

What on earth !?

2 Likes

someone should moc them up in Stud.io & post here or on Reddit

I find it interesting that nektann’s weapon is backwards.

Also, his arm is broken.

2 Likes

Upon clicking the link in the video’s description, I was brought to a website that said that the ads were made by LEGO. It might also be important to note that it’s titled “Test.”

So either this actually was an early version of the stars, or the person who uploaded the videos to the website didn’t really know what they were, and assumed they were lego prototype.

So my thoery as of now is at one point inika and piraka builds were to be used for the stars. But these were just animation test. I do not believe these were to be the stars at all.

Notable this seems to have been siting dormant on archive.org for a while. Since 2010. The uploader has a lot of stuff that seems interesting like a Colgate bionicle commercial.

Because we’ve seen the actual Stars Prototypes

Notice how Nektann’s head is much more similar to Vezok’s (because he was most likely going to be Vezok at first, note the weapon he’s holding), whereas the one in those videos is much closer to Nektann’s finalized head design. So these videos were most likely made after the sets were finalized.

10 Likes

Some blursed stuff in that video

1 Like

I uploaded a test found on the archive uploaders page