3D Printed Chain Lightning Rahkshi Staff

Hey! A friend of mine drew a Chain Lightning Rahkshi staff. I tought it was really cool, and simple enough to try to make a 3D model of it, so I did.

I made this using Sketchup, it took me somewhere between 1,5 - 2 hours to make.

Original scetch by: Katuko from BZPower

So what do you guys think? does it look like a Chain Lightning tool? Does it cool? Could anything be done better?
Any feedback is appreciated feedback! ^^

MORE PICTURES HERE:

UPDATE: I have put up a download link for the file here!
If someone actually prints this or uses it in any kind of project, I’d very much like to see it! ^^

UPDATE2: This is now 3D printed, what do you think?

46 Likes

It fits pretty well with the Rahkshi staff theme. It also has a bit of a lightning vibe. I’d say that’s all the criteria for a “Chain Lightning Rahkshi staff” so 10/10.

1 Like

Can you 3d print this?

2 Likes

It looks pretty cool. Nice job

1 Like

isn’t this from the rahkshi 42

also nice job buuuutttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

are you gonna make more diffirernt types

1 Like

@Professor_Xevins, @BioKnight - Thank you so much! ^^

@SwagMeister - I would if I had a 3D printer avaliable, but I don’t :confused:

@h1vem1nd - what is ‘‘the rahkshi 42’’ ? :no_mouth:
I will maybe make more types, had a lot of fun doing this! if not, I’m probably gonna make other tools/weapons. As long as Katuko or someone else can draw me cool scetches. :smiley:

2 Likes

This is fantastic man! Great design! It maintains the G1 aesthetic really well, though I feel it’s not quite as rounded as most of the official Rahkshi staff ends.

I really wish I had this piece for my own Rahkshi of Chain Lightning MOC…

Edited title -legomaster

9 Likes

Thanks man! ^^
I only smoothet out the three main edges, but I could possibly smooth out all of them, We’ll see :stuck_out_tongue:
I cannot give you the piece, but I can send you the model if you want to print it.

1 Like

this is a pretty great staff, looks like a normal piece

1 Like

this is actually really cool , would be interested to see if this could be 3D printed

1 Like

I’ve tried using Sketchup before and it was pretty difficult, so to me this is very impressive!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Silver Rahkshi Of Chain Lightning (Revamp)

@Pearlfingerstudios - Thanks! ^^

@Kylo_Hahli - I really want to, I’ll se if it’s somehow possible, thanks :smile:

@Oniwah - It’s the software I use in school, and have done a few other hobby projects with, it just needs a little practise :wink:

1 Like

This is pretty sweet! Could you give us a copy of the 3D model file?

@Ranaki_Lokiwa - I don’t see why not. I’ll put it on dropbox.
If someone actually prints this or uses it in any kind of project, I’d very much like to see it! ^^

1 Like

I always like new pieces.

1 Like

3D Printed!

I actually had the opportunity to 3D print this! :blush:
What do you think?

I realised the axles / pin-holes are in the wrong size, that’s something I need to fix.

10 Likes

I like it.

1 Like

Nice! One thing is that rahkshi only use one of the 6 original staff pieces (evident by the yellow rahkshi) and it does not seem rounded enough. This would still make a great piece for a toa or anything else!

1 Like

We’ve only seem 7 Rakshi. It is never said they are restricted to it.

1 Like