4 Leg/2 Arm Sentient Rahi MOC

##GENERAL INFORMATION

This MOC is based on a MOC I have made with physical parts. This original version was made about three or four years ago, using parts I had lying around.

PICTURES OF ORIGINAL:
Front right view:

Right view:

Back view:

Left View:

(I don’t have anywhere great to take pictures, in case that wasn’t obvious)
As one might be able to tell, the original has a lot going on, particularly in regard to number and type of weapons. I thought that this was a little too chaotic when I was remaking it in LDD, so I toned down the weaponry a bit on the arms. The tail(head-tail?), however, was beefed up in LDD.

Onto the physical description of the new LDD version of this Rahi.
Colors used:
Black
Dark Stone Grey
Some Medium Stone Grey
A little bit of Light Stone Grey
White
Dark Red
A little bit of Earth Green
Translucent Red in the eyes
Some Titanium Metallic
Silver Metallic
Some Metalized Silver

Height: At full back leg extension, this Rahi would stand about 232 mm tall from top of the head to the bottom of the feet, excluding the head-tail. Standing in a bit more comfortable of a pose or when walking, this Rahi would stand about 216 mm tall, again excluding the head-tail.

Piece count: 194 pieces

##PICTURES:
Front view:

Close up view of the front of the torso:

Left view:

Back view:

Close up view of the back of the torso:

Side view of the head and its tail:

Aerial front left view of the head:

Close up back view of the right arm:

Walking pose:

Walking while conversing with a Ga-Matoran:

Neutral standing pose:

Neutral standing pose back left view:

Threatening pose front view:

Threatening pose back left view:

Threatening pose aerial back view with another Rahi:

Threatening pose ground front right view with another Rahi:

##SPECIES INFO:
SPECIES: Maroe (muh-row)

LEVEL OF SENTIENCE: Matoran Species

SPECIES COLOR SCHEME VARIATIONS:
–Red, shades of grey, black, white accents (Normal Fire variant)
–Predominantly white with accents consisting of red and shades of grey (Extremely rare Ice variant)

ELEMENT(S): Fire with a rare Ice variant (Cannot control either, though)

GENERAL BEHAVIORAL CHARACTERISTICS: Peaceful and easy to get along with unless overly provoked, at which point you should be very afraid; However, can also be known for being forgiving; Very intelligent; Great beings to bounce ideas off of if you haven’t angered them too much; Those of the island that the Toa Manu are from have become very integrated into the local Matoran culture, so are very protective of the inhabitants if they are threatened, whether it be from other more violent Rahi, from physical dangers, or from the occasional Dark Hunter; All Maroe prefer to threaten or just mildly injure those that have attracted their wrath over killing said offender(s) unless they are provoked sufficiently.

GENERAL PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS: Very physically powerful; Back legs can support the full weight of itself while kicking an opponent with its front legs; Can lift 3 ton boulders using both arms; All variations are extremely resistant to physical damage; All variations have the same tolerances to warm or cold areas as Ta and Ko Matoran do; Fire variant can slowly develop a tolerance to extreme heat over time if around warm areas; Ice variant can slowly develop a tolerance to extreme cold over time if around cold areas; Claws are armored and each claw can act as a finger, basically giving the Maroe 3 fingered hands; Tip of head-tail can pierce Metallic Protodermis with a full swing (Swinging over its head starting from on the ground behind itself)

LOCATIONS SPECIES CAN BE FOUND IN THE MATORAN UNIVERSE: Various, though mostly on some of the Southern Islands
##CHARACTER INFORMATION:

NAME OF DEPICTED MEMBER OF THIS SPECIES: Kamu (Pronounced ka-moo)

VARIANT OF DEPICTED MEMBER OF THIS SPECIES: Fire

ROLE/JOB: Primary “leader” of the Maroe of the Toa Manu’s home island

Rendering engine used is BlueRender. You can find it here.
Any and all constructive criticism/feedback is welcome.

12 Likes

quite an odd MOC, not sure what to make out of it.

The design of the body is interesting, but the head isn’t recognizable as a head. I’m not really sur gif it is a head or some other appendage.

This is supposed to be the head:

I barely changed its design from the original design. However, I can see why one would find it difficult to recognize it as an actual head. I feel like it is more recognizable as a head if one is actually holding the physical MOC than if one is shown a picture of it.

1 Like

The tail thing coming from the back really distracts from the head. Making it hard to recognize. Even so. I think I’d redesign the head.

Could be better, but not bad.

Yeah, the tail does distract from the head, I agree with that. But maybe that would help in-universe for intimidating opponents? I’ve never tried justifying why the tail is where it is aside from saying that when I made the original, I just made do with the parts I had on hand, leading to that design choice. I’ll consider making a second variant that has the tail in less odd of a location, though.

1 Like

You, sir, are a wizard with LDD.
Great MOC as always. You can definitely tell it’s a rahi!

It looks like we found a new toaofre- Looks at LDD pics

Well never mind then, these are pretty good.

1 Like