A Bionicle Set you wish could've been bigger or better

…that was kinda the whole point. They were upgrades, not whole new characters.

How so? The Nuva had more bulk, sleeker functions and no annoying floppy arms.

3 Likes

To me, that didn’t make the sets worth it. They were just simple upgrades, not new sets. I didn’t think them to be worth they money, which is why I only ever owned Gali Nuva. After having all the Mata, I didn’t see much of a reason to by the Nuva. There was not much special to the set.

For one the addition of silver made the color scheme much less solid (not to mention it was hardly distributed properly). The masks in my opinion, were rather un-Bionicle, and they remain my least favorite masks to this day.
Functions don’t do that much for me, if they’re there and done right, great. But they’re nothing that would sell the set for me. I base that on how the set looks. And the Nuva’s looks, to me, weren’t anything that great. The Mata had more iconic, and what I think to be, more stylish designs.

1 Like

What is your definition of a “Bionicle” mask?

1 Like

It’s hard to give an exact definition, because to me it’s all based off of feeling. I can’t say for sure why I feel that way about them. It may be because of the more curvy organic type style they have, while most other Bionicle mask look either more tribal or tech-like. With both those, it looks like someone made them, while the nuva masks looks like a creature that grew to be that way.
It honestly is really hard to say. I just don’t get the same feel from them as other masks.

3 Likes

Fair point. The same could be said for the Bohrok-Kal, though I do believe the Nuva are different enough from the Mata to merit being owned as well.

I really don’t understand most people’s gripes with the silver.

I truly believe that the silver on the Nuva is very well balanced due to the weapons and torso/shoulder armour. It makes them look much tougher as well, which brings me to my next point…

I personally believe that the Nuva look much more powerful and more experienced then their Mata counterparts. The Toa Mata look downright scrawny in comparison to the Nuva. The 2002 Toa are a believable evolution of the originals.

I can’t argue with you there. IMO, Kopaka’s and Lewa’s Kanohi Nuva work very well. The others… not so much.

Me neither. However, as I understand it, the Nuva’s functions still allowed greater posability then the Mata’s limbs did.

3 Likes

I feel about the same about them. The Nuva did to a better job then the Kal did.

I have kind of a personal grudge against the Miru Nuva as I liked the original so much :stuck_out_tongue: .

1 Like

[quote=“LQ1998, post:68, topic:574”]
I have kind of a personal grudge against the Miru Nuva as I liked the original so much
[/quote]’
Huh. I personally much prefer the Nuva Akaku to the original.

BTW, we are getting seriously off-topic here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Karzahni should’ve been a humongous titan. They shouldn’t have spent their budget on the Matoran and that stupid trap that came with his set. Though I guess the “conflict in a box” was the best marketing idea, idk…

Is it really that off topic? We’re generating discussion about how the sets could have been better. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

…fair point. :stuck_out_tongue:

You shouldn’t’ve asked…

The Mistika in general. Except Kirka.
Stars
Other stuff that I can’t think of because of my brain fart.

Malum should’ve been a tall, hulking brute, but instead he turned out to be a fat midget…

That also goes for most other sets that Lego tries to make look big and bulky. They give the set shorter limbs and stature to give the illusion that the set looks bulkier.

Coughaxonncough

3 Likes

In my opinion Axonn was actually portrayed pretty well in the sets, if we’re talking about proportions. Brutaka was supposed to be towering and muscled but Axonn is more like a dwarf in proportions: as tall as a regular Toa but far brawnier.

2 Likes

Mata Nui titan, it could’ve been less clashy.