A Dumb Self-MOC

Since gen 2 BIONICLE is going to be using HF parts, I decided to go out and buy a bunch of Hero Factory sets to get aquanted with the building system. Gotta say, the pieces are much more versatile then I thought- but anyway here’s a stereotypical self MOC I made using ONLY Hero Factory parts (excluding my signature Kakama and the head it’s attached to)

Unfortunately I’m short on ball joints, so I was limited to using the red ones from Witch Doctor. A Bricklink order or too shall have to be arranged :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

Nothing says “awesome” than a mini-black-shoulder cloak that serves no efficient purpose other than looking cool.

Good job!

4 Likes

10/10 would look at again.

Ooh, nicely done!

G8 m8, I r8 8/8.

But seriously, this is nice. The weapon well built, not too big, but not too small either.

1 Like

Wow that’s actually really good! I too love the Kakama as I will soon put it on my self moc instead of my dumb fake mask. ~Detox

I’m not sure whether I should swear fealty to it or bar the door to my house :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s great!! I’ve always wondered why there is a scar on his eye, is there an explanation to it?

The furno xl cape is strong in this one…

Very nice! The way the chest is set up with that armor piece on the front kind of reminds me of my moc, Solstice(lul link is here). Also, the chests-for-legs kinda looks like what we can see of the new Tahu. If that’s intentional, kudos to you.

man that looks really nice, a lot of people sometimes underestimate the hero factory building system, even though it is less
customisable it still can be used for great mocs, but anyways I like the weapon and the torso the most but, the furno XL cape is too big for this, I would suggest cutting it. but all in all I give it a 9.5/10

So this is your first "HF MOC then? Not bad, it sure beats my first ever HF MOC. I’d like to see what you could come up with integrating HF and bionicle into the same MOC.

Wow! Looks pretty slick, dude! A lot of people seem to dislike the HF build system simply because the sets are simple, but in the hands of talented people, amazing MOCs happen.

Also, that shoulder cape is epic. Kinda reminds me of something
I made recently :slight_smile:

Dang! Now that is cool.
Pros

• It has a very consistent color scheme (one of my personal favorites)
  • excellent weapon
  • nice armor distribution
  • well proportioned
  • not too gappy
    Lastly, this one might be a bit more controversial. I like piece customization, but I hate when it is overdone or done poorly. The customized mask gives it a gritty feel that is sometimes hard to get with the HF system.
    Cons
    Before I give my criticism, please don’t take it as an insult. I only criticize to help you improve.
    I have two issues with it.
    While the shoulder set up wold give it a lot of articulation, moving it would be awkward.
    The other thing is just a bit nit-picky. I just don’t like using torso armor as leg armor. It is well proportioned despite it, but I would avoid it personally.
    Overall, I really like it.

edit it

There we go. edited into one post.

horray!

I like the moc alot!

This isn’t dumb at all, I actually quite like it