A Sound Defence [Electronic Music]

A new track I created for Timak based on my recent artwork “A Sound Defence”, varying on his usual theme with more of a heavy bass aspect and extra melodies.

12 Likes

Ooh very exited to give this a listen

2 Likes

This is great. How was it made?

2 Likes

I have the same thing to say as @Winger, but I don’t want to just copy paste his reply

1 Like

I composed it using Rytmik Ultimate, which is downloadable software for Nintendo 3DS. The theme at 2:09 with the organ chords is one that I’ve been developing for a few years to represent Timak. My SoundCloud (linked in the video desc) has a playlist for him, where you could see how it has varied over the years!

5 Likes

Wow, this is cool! Reminds me a lot of Axiom Verge’s soundtrack, dunno if you’ve played/listened to that.

1 Like

Super nice, especially when that synth kicks in at 1:05.

1 Like

It’s just the way the site works with video imbeds. Unfortunately there’s no way to fix it as far as I’m aware.

1 Like

The power of the 3DS is infinite. Stop motion, videogames and now high quality music. Truly spectacular.

2 Likes

There are multiple good music sequencers available on the 3DS. I’m also quite fond of KORG M01D, which has proper MIDI sequencing and export, but Rytmik Ultimate far surpasses it in terms of the number of instruments you can use and customisability.

1 Like

How easy is it to create sounds using that software? Is it all preset based or do you get to do the actual synthesis?

Track sounds pretty cool. Electronic stuff isn’t my forte so can’t say much more.

2 Likes

Almost sounds at home alongside the soundtracks of early Bonk media.

2 Likes

@SirKeksalot That’s encouraging to hear. I’ve been listening to the early bionicle soundtracks a lot recently, maybe you picked up on it but there’s a deliberate nod to “killing machines” at 2:02 :smiley:

@Hawkflight You get a bunch of presets, but you can adjust the attack/decay/sustain/release , plus vibrato, echo, portatone and the way the waveform is played. You can even adjust up to four of these per note, and if that’s not enough, there’s another instrument where you can draw the waveform.
It’s limited to 4 instruments per loop block, but each instrument can vary per-note within its own sub-category, and you can have 4 loop blocks playing at once.
A quick behind the scenes look at the project for this one (@Winger and @T4k4nuv4 may be interested):

2 Likes

You might want to fix the double post before someone else does

It means posting twice in a row. On other sites, that may be what double posting is, but here, you’re not supposed to post twice in a row. So if you want to make a seperate statement, just edit your original post.

@ToaTom here is a topic talking about what they are. link

1 Like