Ace Attorney

Welp, here is THIS. And I know this HAS to be real.

Even though I have no idea what the HECK is going on, we can at least see they’re continuing with the story from the last game, I guess? I mean Simon Blackquill is back.

1 Like

It was first shown in an Ace Attorney 6 stream as the intro cutscene, I believe, so it’s definitely real. I think there might be another cutscene where Phoenix reunites with Maya, need to look it up.

EDIT: Found it! (SPOILERS FOR AA6 AHEAD BUT THEN AGAIN IT’S IN JAPANESE SO NOBODY CAN READ IT)

2 Likes

Welp. It was confirmed that Ema Skye is coming back for sure.

Also my favorite characters so far have to be the singing guy (and how his text seems to beep to the tone of the music) and that guy in the white hat, who looks like Johnny Depp.

~~
Also has anyone been watching the Ace Attorney anime? It’s alright so far. The first episode was good but the second episode was meh.

2 Likes

I’ve only checked up on Ace Attorney 6 news this month, and to my surprise they’ve released quite a lot of info. I wonder why all of the video game sites I visit aren’t writing articles on these things? Oh well. I’m excited that Maya is returning, and she’s looking quite a bit like her older sister now. I’m also really glad that Athena isn’t a one and done character. I quite liked her in Dual Destinies, she’s definitely the quirkiest of the defense lawyers so far. Also, knowing that Ema Skye is coming back makes me super excited (at least, as long as someone keeps her supplied with snackoos). I sure hope we get localization news soon.

[quote=“Chronicler, post:44, topic:96”]
Also has anyone been watching the Ace Attorney anime? It’s alright so far. The first episode was good but the second episode was meh.
[/quote] Once I renew my crunchyroll account, I’ll be sure to give it a go.
Edit: Oh you don’t even have to be a premium member, in that case I’ll binge watch the first two episodes tonight.

2 Likes

Why am I not surprised this is a topic?

Ace Attorney 6 (which is being localized as Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice) is set for release on the eshop here in the west in September!

It’s pretty much the first Japanese trailer English’d, but an announcement is an announcement.

2 Likes

snort
“Spirit of Justice”?

So I guess this means we’re going to have had PW: AA, JFA, T&T, AJ, DD, PLvsAA… and now SoJ?

(And AAI & GK2 if you count those. Might as well since they’re worth playing.)

I’d like to pronounce it ‘sodge’, but that sounds weird. Rolls off the tongue better than ‘Es-oh-JAY’ does.

Speaking of which, what’s Athena Cykes’ favorite beverage again? :yum:

1 Like

So many hype games this year, holy crap. I can’t wait for this one most of all, honestly.

1 Like

“Spirit” seems to work with Maya coming back, and justice also makes sense.

I’m gonna miss that awesome 6 right next to it, though.

1 Like

So like, I just played through the first case of SoJ, and I’m not sure that this’ll be a factor for the rest of my time playing the game, but sheesh there’s a lot of pressure going on. Like, it really gets you psychologically when it seems that at every turn in a case the bias of the kingdom against defense attorneys might destroy your argument or line of reasoning. The only other times I’ve felt like this in a Phoenix Wright game was during the cases with Dahlia because she had all the boys fawning over her, and Redd White because he had a lot of power and strings he could pull. The first case also proved to be harder than most in Dual Destinies so I’m actually pretty excited that the difficulty will hopefully be similar to previous entries (if not slightly intimidated by it).

1 Like

The second case brings even more pressure man. I heard some people don’t like the game though. I think it looks fantastic so far. (Despite not being able to play it. RIP my dreams. I’m just watching a walk through.)

Although, by far this is my favorite quote so far (spoilers for the second case):

Hmm, I wonder why. From my playthrough so far I’d say that a lot of the dialogue and characters feel more in tune with the Phoenix Wright Trilogy than DD and AJ did. Honestly, I haven’t really had a case yet where I’ve felt “safe”, besides the fifth one.

1 Like

Hmm… Perhaps the supporting characters do, but I don’t see it in the main cast. (Albeit, I thought DD was tonally consistent with the original trilogy, but that’s debatable.) If anything, the high stakes really remind me of the final case in AJ:AA.

I usually pay a little more attention to supporting characters (mostly because I consider everyone a suspect before a trial even starts) in an Ace Attorney game than I do the ones at the forefront, so that could be why it’s really enjoyable for me. The quirks are what make the game great.

That’s true. Of course that was one of my favorite AA cases because it was just so rewarding to get through. Despite what some say, AJ:AA was a pretty great game, at the very least it was better than JFA.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. Too bad the middle cases ruins it’s reputation, because it’s really an emotionally compelling game.

I will say I definitely liked the first villain. Seeing “royal Payne” was also nice. I just wish the first two weren’t so obvious. Ahlbi was great, though. The Khurai’n judge also seemed more… Intelligent? So that was a nice change of pace. The Magical Turnabout is definitely refreshing though, since it continues the Gramayre storyline from AP:AA. It also gives us time to really see Apollo shine his colors as a leader, so that’s pretty great.

Oh it gets better. You’ll get to see a classic rookie shaming case, not unlike many of Phoenix’s really early cases.

1 Like

I’m guessing that’s with Athena.

Yep. It was interesting seeing her take a case on her own, too. I wasn’t really prepared for that. She’s quickly became one of my favorite characters because while Apollo and Phoenix can be pretty level headed and wary of a situation, she’s really firey and headstrong. It’s a nice contrast to have.

1 Like

This is why I want Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney already…

Besides that, so far these cases are great. You definitely feel the finality of them.

The main prosecutor is a pretty good antagonist too. Like… he’s so pretentious that sometimes I wish I could punch his pretty little face. Like, with most of them you could usually sense something in them that would make you say “aww they’re not so bad” or “maybe there’s more to them”. With this guy, I legitimately make it a personal mission to wipe that smug look off his face, but it’s such a daunting uphill battle that it seems so far out of your grasp. He’s so self-righteous that it’s a great motivator, especially with all the turns the cases can take.

1 Like