Akida- Order of Mata Nui member

Akida is a stoic and ardent warrior from the Northern Continent, named after the creature of water from Bionicle G2. She wears the Kanohi Tinnurron- mask of weather control. The mask’s name comes from a winning entry in the Prisoners of the Pit Building Challenge from 2007.

27 Likes

Nice MOC! She reminds me of Umbra, with the double Inika sword staff weapon, and silver shoulder pads. Normally I don’t like Gali Uniter’s mask, but it looks good on this MOC.

2 Likes

Thanks! Umbra was the inspiration for this moc, so that’s probably why she reminds you of him.

1 Like

Very nice

1 Like

Glad Im not the only one who caught the Umbra vibes.

You did really well at not hardcopying it and just incorporating some of the design. Nice work!

1 Like

Wasn’t Akida the name of the Creature of Water from 2016?

Yes.

I feel like that was intentional

1 Like

Frogbomb named the moc after the creature of water

As for the moc, it reminds me of the canonized models and I can see the Umbra inspiration. I like the colors for the most part, though the silver is a bit too much. The mask power is a neat idea. Can she make it rain frogs?

1 Like

Yes, it was intentional

1 Like

For my G1 mocs that aren’t Dark Hunters (because they have codenames), I like to use bionicle-related names that already exist, whether they are G2 names or other non-canon names that are still related to bionicle in some way, like the name for Akida’s mask.

Unfortunately she cannot make it rain frogs.

Pretty neat! I really like the feet and the use of Inika blades. People don’t use enough Inika blades…

1 Like